May 25, 2015

with a humble heart...the impossible "thank you"

 

 

 

Traditionally, in the US, the long
Memorial Day weekend is the start
of the summer...



and we get to do this...



...and this...



because of...



this...





and this...






while never truly feeling the weight of this...






or, God forbid, this...






I am in tears here, just seeing these pictures,
sorry to be so sappy and personal and...yikes...
emotional...so not me... but I am
feeling a bit fired up and
completely non PC, and while I know I
should be saying, "Let's all pray for the
protection and safe return of our brave
soldiers and for the families of those we
have lost"...and I do pray those very words
from the bottom of my heart...but what can
I say the flesh is weak, so I hope you will
forgive me for also saying that I am so
damn proud of all of those VOLUNTEERS
in uniform, who do what 99.999 percent of
us will never have to! GOD BLESS & KEEP
YOU!
And you know what else? I know that I
was so blessed to have been born in
the United States and I am very
proud to be an American!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~








Phewwwwwwwwww! Sorry about that...
I just had to get it out...I have descended
from the soapbox and am now wanting
to share what Bee and her husband (patriotic
can hardly describe this guy!) have been
doing this Memorial week.



This is what the front of Bee's home looks like...
I think there are about 20 flags...it's tasteful, I
promise, most are in these really cool Martha
Stewart holders. Well, every night this week,
Bee & J have been "stealth flaggers"! Under
the cover of darkness they "crupt" (to borrow
a Dr Seuss-ism) and left a package with a flag
and pole, and a note asking their neighbors
if they would please honor our brave soldiers
by flying a flag this Memorial weekend.
And, WOW! Does their street look cool!
The kid across the street even came over to
ask J if he would help him because, "someone
left a flag on our porch, but my dad's not home
and I don't have tools, so would you help me
put it up?"...I think J skipping across the street,
drill in hand, just may have been a dead give-away! ;)


Enjoy & REMEMBER!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!

15 comments:

  1. Great post today. Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need not EVER apologize for appreciating our Veterans,,,,,, you are completely and totally RIGHT.

    God bless each and every one of the brave - the ones gone and ones still present.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said! I have been in tears all weekend. First we attended the 30th Anniversary of our local VFW post and today a wonderful Memorial Day Ceremony complete with a talk by a Brigadier General, flags flying everywhere, singing of the National Anthem, and remembering the fallen. It has been an emotional yet pride filled weekend.
    Love that you shared the patriotic pride by giving your neighbors flags to fly. I too, am proud to be an American. Thank you!

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We agree absolutely with all of your statements! Every American owes a great debt to our armed forces. We hope you have had a wonderful Memorial Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless you for being the flag lady. I think your spirit is what everyone should have. When I sold real estate I put small flags in the mailboxes in our neighborhood. There is a little hole on the handle. Other realtors in my group put them in other neighborhoods. We did this on the Fourth of July. It was beautiful. We did it very early in the morning . I came from a family of those that served. recently my son served two terms in the MIddle East. He came home. I can't imagine the moms that their sons didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet thing Bee and J did and how awesome that the little boy came over to ask for help!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, love the neighborhood flags!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a touching story about the little boy. Thank you for this post. Sometimes it makes me sad because Memorial Day seems to be more about picnics and fun...than it is about remembering the sacrifice and service. Have a good week.

    Tamara <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful tribute! I was (embarassingly) tearing up at our Memorial Day Parade yesterday, as the elderly veterans came by. Yes, we are truly proud and grateful to be Americans! Well said! Just love your stealth flag-mission neighbors, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen to that!!!
    and you have some cool neighbors!
    Debbie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of your images are beautiful and definitely touch my heart! I love the fact that they have encouraged their neighbors to fly the colors as well and love how they've displayed theirs!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love the idea of leaving flags for people to fly. I have never heard of that.

    On Memorial Day, we walked down our street to the beach and we noticed all the flags flying - at every house. Our California Republic flag is always flying, but Steve had forgotten to put out our flag. He turned back right then to set out the flag.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have goosebumps right now m. That is wonderful what your sis and her husband did to not only their own home but that of all their neighbors.
    God Bless America---and all of those who give up everything to make sure we have our freedom!!!
    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful post! What a wonderful idea to get everyone celebrating pride in their country.

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}