January 11, 2014

Christmas Future Is Far Away...Christmas Past Is Past...



do you feel a little "let down" on december 26?
heck...december 25th even! after the presents have been opened
and the floor is a foot deep in wrapping paper and bows...


 

not that "it" wasn't all it should be...
every perfect present bought, wrapped, given and received...
perfectly.
but that the month FLEW by in a flash of shopping,
swiping credits cards and RUSH!
and that you somehow "missed" it...
the lights...
the beauty...
the WONDER of Christmas.
the older i get, the more it seems that only children
can fully appreciate it...comprehend it...
and it makes me understand the call to be "as children".
here's to a CHILDLIKE Christmas in 2014!



6 comments:

  1. I understand, completely. The way that I handle it is to celebrate the twelve days of Christmas. Christmas Eve is the first day, and so on through to January 6th. I take the tree down after that. I find that all the hype in the work-up to Christmas in December is often mistaken for the actual celebration - next year give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen- Ours was very rushed this year with the season starting off with a very sick baby---we were all behind from the get-go. I am glad for another year to be here----xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here,here! I so agree with you! My tree is still up but coming down today after church. :( But it's only 346 days til Christmas 2014! :) Your Christmas photos are so beautiful.
    love, rosie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way. We are called to be child like in many things. That's how we are blessed ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this photo of the little one in awe of the tree. I agree, we don't really enjoy Christmas and it's meaning in all our rush to be perfect. I left our tree up until Jan. 6 for the first time and rather enjoyed it. Happy new year blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness what a darling image! Such a pretty tree and adorable little one. Yes...time marches on...but Valentine's day is just around the corner which makes me happy. Sending you some happy hugs and oodles of blessings. xox

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}