February 26, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mr. Darcy!






whether you prefer matthew...


elliot...
{do you see a theme here? i went with the 
"wet darcys" !}







or the original...in my lifetime at least...colin...





 huh? wait! how'd he get there??!!!

anywho....



i'm sure you austenphiles are well aware that we are in the midst
of the 200th {shut up! in know!} anniversary of the publishing
of PRIDE AND PREJUDICE!

what would jane think of all this????
when she was brushing her teeth with chalk and a twig...
could she ever have imagined the awesomeness of an  austen app
for her the iphone!
{ go here to get it!!!  AUSTEN APP ...for the chalk and twig...
you are on your own! ;}

and since we are feeling all celebratory...
and you know you are! i thought i'd share some
austentacious P & P fun from the girls at
BE BOOK BOUND !!!
they have been celebrating all month with...



EDIBLE TEA PARTY PLACE CARDS!!!
{free printable!! ;}






DARCY-LICIOUS COOKIE DOUGH TRUFFLES










AN "I KNOW YOU KNOW THIS QUOTE" PRINTABLE

this is just a smidge of all the jane-fun you can have when
you visit their blog!  BE SURE to check out their side
bar for all the other jane-themed posts to keep you in the
200th birthday party mood!

have fun and let's all lift a dish of tea to our jane!
CHEERS!







8 comments:

  1. Ah I knew you are a soulmate! I love all her books, especially P&P! I prefere Colin, but the best movie scene is with matthew, when Lizzy tells him, that she won't merry him... ah... his expression...
    xox Mira!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must be getting old because all I can think of now is that cookie dough truffle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. : - )

    All I can do is smile.

    And give me Collin anyday, for he was my original too. Never got into the really old ones.....Colin is my Mr. Darcy.

    Love this post, thanks for sharing.

    : - )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I will have to check out that blog...Pride and Prejudice is my all time favorite love story! I have read it over and over since I was a teen...and don't get me started on how many times I've seen the movies! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. *sigh* It is Colin for me, but I did enjoy a bit of Matthew...I do admit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with Colin and nobody better stand in my way :)
    I have got to see this site for myself!!! WOW, you are sure making it hard for me not to be on the computer when I should be using the chalk and twig and doin' other stuff!
    LOVE...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a Colin fan too! How did I NOT know this was the anniversary......sheesh, some fan I am!! I have to check out this book blog......

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}