November 4, 2012

Thanksblinging...

 a beaded mini-pumpkin? awwww, come on! you know you want one! ;}
i still haven't gotten the teenie tiny beads out of my system yet...
and these defenseless little foam pumpkins were my latest
victims, i mean creations! ;}




 who knows how long i have had these little guys?
a year, maybe two...i had forgotten all about them since they've been
stacked up on a ledge as a barrier to keep my girl kitty from jumping
onto the mantel and causing all manner of mayhem!
i only walk by them 10 times a day! if they had been an alligator...
well, you know...





 i know, i know! who is silly enough to glue beads on little pumpkins??!!
and, for corn's sake, why???!!!





 i guess the answer to that question would be...the kind of person who has
 a mini bushel basket! word to the wise...DON'T ever ask CYNTHIA
where a good place to buy? "minis" is...because she will tell you
and you will be so smitten that you will wind up with mini canisters,
and mini wellies and a tiny ladder and...and...trust me!
don't go there!



now i am not sure what purpose these little guys would serve...
aside from a superfluous yet charming tchotchke....




 grouped together, like so, as a thankful vignette...



 made a tad more "treat-like" with the mini muffin papers they could be used at
each place setting...a card with the guests name could even be glued to the stem
for an interesting little place marker!



 and if there is one among you who is quite ambitious {read: nuttier than me! ;}
how awesome would a larger, even full-sized beaded pumpkin be?
katie.bar.the.door!



 you may notice some orange peeking through in places...well, it seems that their 
very smooth surface combined with a thick layer of paint {mixed with glue} then
the addition of somewhat heavy glass beads, tiny though they are...
created some "slippage" and "droopage" {you may have noticed something 
similar in your derriere region! ;} i'm not sure how this can be avoided
{with the pumpkins or my derriere!} but i will attempt to improve the process
{with the pumpkins! the derriere? well, that ship has already sailed! ;}



{edited: to add...i know! i am terrible about giving real instructions! shame! shame!
so, here goes...take small foam pumpkins, very small! these are no more than 2 inches high
and i bought them at walmart...um, i think?! there were about 10 to a pkg...they are just
like the orange ones you see EVERYWHERE in a bazillion sizes!
i covered them with a fairly thick layer of glue mixed with white paint...i am VERY lazy!
adding the paint to the glue saves me the "base coat" step since i generally have ants in my
pants and want to see the finished product NOW! or before i get distracted by a twinkie! ;}
not quite 1 part paint to 2 parts glue...any tacky glue you happen to have on hand.
then i rolled them in a bowl of beads using their ever-so-fortuitously placed stem as a handle
until they were nicely coated with beads...then spooned on more beads to cover any bald spots...
{ah, if only is were that simple in real life! ;} and gingerly pressed them onto the pumpkins to get
any funky spots that were lumpy, bumpy or droopy under control...again, if the thighs could
be dealt with in the same manner, i would be ONE happy girl! ;}
the beads are from fire mountain gems...i am one of the sad few who live miles upon miles
from a hobby lobby {i think the UN needs to do something about that!} and again...i am LAZY
so, ordering them online and having them plopped on my porch if much better than busting out the dry shampoo and sunglasses on a saturday to go to micheals! just being honest...see! LAZY! ;}
you want seed beads and i'd LOVE to tell you the exact size, but really...i have NO idea...they are
sized really weird, i couldn't make heads or tails of it 00/15 or something like that...what does that even mean? i was in metric hell...says the non-metric American! maybe it would have been a good idea to have been looking at them in person...hmmmm.... anywho, mine were glass and consequently
heavy, so i checked them every few minutes for droopage until they had set and let them dry over
night. then i just kept wondering if they tasted as yummy as they looked??!!! no, i didn't nibble!
i just had twinkie! ;} aren't you sorry you asked for instructions now???!!! ha!  ;}
glue, beads, bob's your uncle! easy peasy!

30 comments:

  1. Oh my ~ you always make me chuckle. On th serious side, I think your little beaded pumpkins are so cute ~ absolutely adorable. As for our derriere's well ~....... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are too cute! Good enough for Christmas ornaments, too.♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems you are a bead kinda of gal too. I create
    a lot of things with beads. Your pumpkins are so cute. I put away all my fall decorations today. I have had them up since late Sept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those dimpled darlings with the slippage resemble my derriere and that's all I'm saying 'bout that----oh- except they are SOOOO cute...and I LOVE that Cynthia's creations- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blinged up pumpkins!! Wouldn't a big one be beautiful? Hummmmmm - might have to try that next year.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, those are darling, and however long it took you to create them, it was time well spent!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable - WOW - great idea, so nice, love your side and your always lovely picture´s - Ines

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will make these when time permits, for sure! Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh .... they are so cute!!
    hugs
    Karen B. ~ Todolwen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I like them! I didn't do much with pumpkins this year except decorate them with my grandgirls. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. ahhhhhhh.....soooooo sweeeeet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness..these are beyond darling...I soooo love them in the little liners too. Your ideas are the BEST! Happy day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Every time I arrive at Oc Cottage I chuckle and smile. I just want to take the time to say "thank you". yOU ALWAYS lift my spirits. Now, your little beaded pumpkings are adorable and I just Love them. Ahem ~ we will NOT speak of my sagging derriere
    Have a wonderful day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have I ever told you that your blog is the most inspiring, sparkling, and funny of the whole blogland? =)
    Love every thing! Hugs
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your right - - I want one! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for linking to Make the Scene Monday, you are being featured later this evening!
    www.alderberryhill.com
    alderberryhill@nl.rogers.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are spectacular! So beautiful. Pinning!

    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!
    Wildly Original linky party is open

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love these! The acorns too! Who is as nutty as you to try this? Me! Probably not in time for this Thanksgiving but I sure wouldlike to give them a try and they are so pretty! Found yourblog through ALderberry Hill and will be following, looking forward to reading more fun posts! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e!!!!!!! I hope you never get over this obsession!
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  20. what kind of pumpkins do you use? real? fake? These are adorable. I'm a pumpkin fanatic and will have to try this next year.

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are just darling, I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are sooooo cute, love them! Your latest reader :)

    xoxo, Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this! I found you through Impatiently Crafty and will definitely come back! Please come share at my Farm Girl Blog Fest: http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/11/farm-girl-blog-fest-8.html

    Lisa
    Fresh Eggs Daily

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would like to invite you to join me at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week! http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-10.html

    I hope you can make it!
    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}