September 5, 2012

There Are Things You Bead...And Things...

i know, i know!
i'm rutty!
prone to ruts!
rutalicious!
i latch onto something and run with it...
run, run, run...until it passes out by the
side of the road wheezing and gasping
for breath! ;}



like with my itty bitty beads...
after i did the seashells, my roving eye just kept looking
for other things...any things...to slather in glue...and a
healthy dose of beads!




and as my cats were ever so uncooperative! {well, that goes without
saying since...like i said...they are cats! ;}
i had to turn my rutty, unimaginative sights elsewhere...to things
more inanimate {and that can't claw or bite! ;}




this tiny box seemed safe enough...and it held perfectly
still whilst i slathered...then added a semi-cheesy "island
tourist" flower{...says the island tourist! ;}




i have plans for this...and soon to be these!
i kinda like-y lotta love it!
unimaginative ruts are the mother of invention, right?! ;}

Vintage Inspiration Friday Shabbylicious Friday Redoux Home Sweet Home Simple & Sweet Saturday Night Special

18 comments:

  1. Pretty! The thought of you looking over at your cats reminds me of those Hallmark cards with the cats & dogs with huge, bug eyes like, "Oh, crap." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is one cute little beady eyed box. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty...and beautiful photography too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a feeling that one of these days the cat is gonna get it, one way or another, lol. It can't escape your, errmm, artistic endeavours forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh that is so pretty.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Have a lovely day,
    Lizx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is so beautiful and your photos so perfect. I ought to do some little beaded boxes for my little granddaughters. I think they'd like them. Maybe I'd use little buttons. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love anything beaded. Anything!! I have some seed beads and you given me inspiration. Please say you slather the glue on and then roll/cover with the beads :). I wanna try it !

    ReplyDelete
  8. [squeal] could it get any better than beaded starfish. . . oh yes indeedy. . . the beaded matchbox is divine. Thank you for sharing this gorgoeus project at Shabbilicious Friday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the beaded starfish.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful creative box on Simple & Sweet Fridays. So beautiful! New Follower.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! Love little beaded things of any kind. New follower too. Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. This gorgoeus project is being featured today at Shabbilicious Friday ~ http://shabbyartboutique.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/shabbilicious-friday-link-party_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your beaded match box and what a great idea to store buttons. Gives me a great idea for different coloured buttons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, how beautiful! I'm definitely going to give a try! :D
    stopped by from http://speckled-fawn-en.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Found your beautiful (and funny) blog through Shabby Art Boutique's Shabbalicious Friday and am SO glad I did. This altered matchbox it too cute for words. I am following you for sure now.. .

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}