August 5, 2012

My Beading Heart...

so, i had this yen to bling some shells.
please don't ask me to explain...
just a fit of whimsy!



these things happen...so i just go with them!




resistance is futile...




whimsy will have its way with you!
{and i mean that in a totally G-rated way! ;}




this "whim" actually required a bit of planning...
and internet ordering...so, i'm not so sure i can
legitimately call it "whimsy"! {please don't tell
the people at merriam-websters! they might send
the word police after me!}




when i first felt that yen...i didn't have enough beads!
i know! any hoarder worth their salt would have had
scads of beady goodness at the ready...but i didn't!
much shame and self-loathing ensued!



guess i have to turn in my "united hoarders of America" card, huh?




but i knew were to turn...
my old standby, Fire Mountain Gems .
that fun bunch of hippies up in oregon!




they have anything and everything you can imagine!
word to the wise though...from me....the unwise!
get the catalog and figure out what you want first
before you place your order on-line!
or...like me...you will order things you don't need
because there are just SO many dang things to choose
from that your brain will turn to marshmallow fluff!




and beads, apparently, exist in an alice in wonderland-like
opposite-land space-time continuum! so, all the size 6/0 pink
beads i got...are huge! you want nothing larger than 11/0...
trust me on this!



which is not to presume that you would want sparkly shells and
starfish...this may just be a garish OC thing! but should you desire
to bling shells of your own...smaller is better {and yes, this flies in
the face of all that is OC...but maybe big only applies to things
that are filled with saline/silicone for $5000, alex! although i have
had no independent confirmation on this subject! ;}...and get some
swarovskis while you're at it!
whimsy dictates that if you're gonna bling...bling big! ;}




http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/2012/08/fabulously-creative-friday-linky-party_23.html>Fabulously Creative Fridays with Jennifer Rizzo
Funky Junk Interiors
Tatertots & Jello
My Romantic Home
PROJECT PARADE Make It Monday
Mosaic Monday Mop It Up Monday
Met Monday
Sunday's Best
Craft o Maniac Monday Tuesday's Treasures
Share It White Wednesday Lil Luna Wow Me
Wow Us Creative Things Open House Treasure Hunt Crafty Soiree

36 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I agree!!! They all look so beautiful :) Great job!!!!

      Delete
  2. These shells look like something from a dream . . . they are simply gorgeous! Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beads look beautiful on the starfish and shells!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific. Did you have to play five million pick up with the seed beads? Every time I get them out all I hear is them pinging to the floor. I had to take myself off the Fire Mountain mailing list. The pull of the catalog was too strong. Of course I still have two million "someday project" beads left over. Enjoy. These are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are beautiful--I love seed beads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emm, I am completly in love with these! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my. Wait until Lavender Dreamer sees this...

    Simply marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cripes M----I can't believe how pretty these are! When I saw the picture of them in the pastry jar, I ran for the sugar canister!
    Me thinks you must dream in starfish and shells : )
    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous. What kind of glue did you use? It doesn't show at all. They turned out just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those beaded shells and I'm thinking of Christmas as I type.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - these are amazingly beautiful!!! xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing! These are totally dreamy and I love your photography of them too. I can't imagine how long that took, but the result is worth every bit of effort! ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  13. Talk about the bling-bling! They look beautiful! Like Lili said above, I am sitting here wondering how long it took to apply all those pretties?!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  14. These.are.beautiful!!!!!!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. So incredibly beautiful. Total shimmery and romantic. Did you add those beads by hand? no way. But how incredibly beautiful, so inspiring, got my mind going! So glad you shared your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – your creativity helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This post is just so danged cute I swear.

    LOVE your blinged em- your pics are incredible and I ♥ your style!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your shells turned out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those look great, I'm in favor of blinging most things I can get ahold of.
    Ciao,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my Gosh ~! I love this. Well, your bling is working for you. I love them. Now, you must tell me. Roll them in glue and then in the beads? I just might have to try this when I get the urge to do some blinging. Have a wonderful day ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh! Those shells look pretty amazing! I have recently painted some, but never thought to bead them. Thank you for the inspiration. I found your link on BNOTP and I am now your newest follower. I look forward to exploring your blog more.

    Have a great week!

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet idea! I love your blingy shells! :) Thanks for the link to the bead shop, too!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ok when i get home i am going t see how many tiny beads I have in my armoire of hording little bitty things. I think I have some beads I picked up at an estate sale once the gal was an artisit of repurposed items and she had rooms of beads!!!
    I am sure I don't have enough to do several shells but maybe 2 ?

    thanks for showing us your creations

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love these shells...absolutely stunning! I pinned them and am adding you to my reading list. I'm so glad I found your blog.
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow! Those are awesome! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness..what a lovely idea. Seed beads are one of my favourites as they remind me so much of my grandma...she loved to create with them and had jars and jars full when I was young...hope you are enjoying your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  26. They are amazing! Very original.
    Beth x

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is a wonderful idea! For me, I think it would probably turn into a sticky, glue-y mess but you turned ordinary shells into something so beautiful:) I have a lot of shells I've been collecting so I'm always looking for idea's...how pretty these would be on a Christmas tree!

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh thank you so much for your kind comment over on my little blog! I LoVe those shells, they look so so pretty.
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. They look gorgeous!!!

    Hugs, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful! Love the starfish! Now I am thinking of blinging all sorts of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow!! So beautiful! Just breathtaking!!!!!

    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!
    Wildly Original Round Up party is open!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, these are stunning!! Just found you through Jennifer Rizzo and am your newest follower-love your blog and your style! I'd love you to visit and say hi :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}