August 23, 2012

I Know I Promised To Stop But...


...i got this hare brained idea.
not like lucy & ethel dressed like martians or anything...
but loopy nonetheless!




i still had a couple of these frames from a past project
and i have yet to rid myself of the urge to encrust
inanimate objects with shells so...




i drew my pattern right onto that ugly bird that looks like
it's in the throws of being poisoned! then i mixed some white
paint with my glue {to kill 2 birds with 1 stone...ahem.... ;}
and slathered the mixture all over! and what do you know?
my pattern was gone...duh! yes, i am a rocket scientist! ;}
so, then i drew my pattern again...into the glue...with a fork!
take that jpl, with your lousy little mars rover! ha!




and then i added shell, after shell, after shell, after...
well, you get the idea.... a lot of shells.
i am totally going to lie right now and say that i used sand
for the background because that is the look i was going for...
{instead of saying that i was really tired of staring at little
shells so i just slapped that sand on there before i screamed! ;}





WHAT???!
yah.
i know.
a cupcake make of shells?
ok, so it's not exactly "two great things that go great together"!
and it's not going to be in pottery barn kids or restoration
hardware baby & child catalogs! but i just had to try it to see...
and now that i have seen...i think it belongs under the couch!
hey, we just can't be fabulous every single day! so, let's just
shoot for once, every other week! ;}

My Romantic Home

Tatertots & Jello


5 comments:

  1. Please don't stop, you're inspiring me. I need ways to use my shells:)

    BTW, I love that Lucy episode!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A HUGE improvement on the birds and I love those little whitest white shells... a fluffy, sweet marshmallow cup cake!

    Fiona xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will only say you are crazy if you put it under your couch. I actually like how it looks!♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it looks like a vase with flowers. I like it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! AND no sugar to damage my teeth- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}