August 20, 2012

Getting Out Of Hand!

in my long and illustrious blogging career {read: for as long as
i have been bugging you guys! ;} i have been intrigued with
adorning matchboxes. it's just a hoot to take such a plain,
unassuming, utilitarian object like match box, that you'd generally
keep in the pantry, the garage and let's be real...somewhere near the toilet! ;}
and with just the right amount of "foofing"...it is transformed!




i amuse myself by imagining the look on the face of a camper...
boy scout...posse comitatus...if i were to hand them one of these...
"need a light?" hee! hee! {yes, i am easily amused!;}

you name it...i have glued it to a poor unsuspecting matchbox...
or at least it thought i had...




maybe it was just a cry for help...to myself...and i ignored me!




or a way to use up all my shells...





before things really get out of hand!





before i slather one of my cats with tacky glue and just go to town!




because that would be very, very wrong!




and possibly illegal...

do i need a "shell step" program?
or merely the distraction of a shiny new bag of FH Cheetos?
i will turn to A & E for wisdom and guidance and get back to you on that! ;}



Met Monday Mosaic Monday
My Romantic Home
Tatertots & Jello
Funky Junk Interiors


11 comments:

  1. What fun would it be if we couldn't adorn things!?! Love it! Happy Monday
    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your adorned matchboxes - have always wanted to do that. I think you really inspired me to do it soon.

    Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I use my matches, I swear I'm going to cover the matchbox!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha...I am pretty sure it would not be a good idea to glue the cats..although I kinda want to see a shell covered cat..no, that is wrong! :) I love the little shell heart though. That is just precious. I am now embarrassed about our matches. I will hang my head in lowly shame.

    Hugs, Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are pretty darned cute. No wonder your cats spend half their life in hiding! Okay- stupid question....are these the normal sized match boxes or the miniature ones. They are just darling- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanks for your comment. I am glad that you like my photos :o) Now I will have a look at your Blog. The heart with the mussels is so charming.

    Greetings from Germany
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love you!!!! With your sense of humor, you need a Tonight show all your own.(and it might just save a cat)
    ...but that aside, I think these are beautiful! DO you know I have never covered a matchbox? that is going to change after seeing how pretty these are! I think tonight while I watch another Jane Austen movie I'm going to get out the 'pretty stuff' and try this.

    Instead of a cat covered in shells...how 'bout a matchbox covered in cat hair?
    Just sayin'

    much love and wild admiration : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are so sweet. I have always want to do one of those:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully decorated matchboxes. Your shell one is breathtaking!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your shell work is stunning! I always love seeing what you are working on at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! I would like to invite you to enter my HomeGoods 50 dollar gift card giveaway. The card can be used at TJ Maxx and Marshalls as well.

    Please visit my site to enter :)

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}