August 26, 2012

Barton Cottage Butterflies...

this morning i woke up with jane austen on the brain...
no idea why...she was just in there...pestering...
darn that jane!
now, the obvious cure for this would be tossing in a
few "jane" dvd's and then talking to myself in an english
accent for a few hours {like you don't! ;} but i resisted...i had
things to get done before the alarm goes off monday morning!




so...naturally...i made a wreath!
no, making a wreath did not get my washing any cleaner...
but, it didn't get it any dirtier either, so...i'm no worse off, right? ;}




first, i cut out butterflies...many...many butterflies.





i just made up the shapes so you won't find these guys
anywhere in "nature". {hey, i am not one of the wright
brothers...these butterflies don't have to be aerodynamic...
or really ever fly...so i think i'm off the hook! ;}




i even punched some smaller butterflies for good measure...
and because those martha stewart punches were quite spendy
so i need to get some use out of them! ;}




glue time!



time to use my new pink glue gun!
{not actually new new since i bought it several years ago...
but since i just found it and it had never been used...
i feel okay with calling it "new". and it's more of a mauve
than pink, per se...but it's also more pink than my white
one...so i feel okay calling it pink...phew! }



and a couple glue sticks later...viola!




i added some plain ones too...just to mix it up a little!




i know how some people get their knickers in a knot
over destroying books in order to "craft"...




and i would feel the same if this book had not been a recent compilation
of several of jane's novels...{i used sense & sensibility, hence the barton
cottage...get it? }





so, that made it fair game...and craftworthy...in my book...so to speak!







i really like how it turned out.




especially all the "punched" butterflies added in for depth.
i have NO idea what i even meant by that, but it sure sounded
"artsy" didn't it?! {where's my beret??!! ;}



no, i don't have any clean underwear...but i do have a new wreath!
good to know i have my priorities straight, eh??!! ;}



Mop It Up Monday Mosaic Monday Project Parade Sunday Showcase Just Something I Whipped Up Met Monday Tutorials & Tips Beyond The Picket Fence The 36th Avenue Transformation Thursday 52 Mantels Time Travel Thursday



24 comments:

  1. Your wreath is just gorgeous! Great creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out beautifully! Totally charming. (I'm not a Jane Austen fan actually so I think that this is a lovely way to use her words. Besides, they're very much highlighted this way.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love the things you make. You did something before with butterflies, too, that I loved. Hope you can find some clean underwear for Monday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gotta tell ya.....that is stinkin cute!!! Gonna copy it....if I can stay awake long enough.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes - that's what I like about your blog - you definitely have your priorities straight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just great. I love Jane Austin and this. Linking from Just something I whipped up party

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the light airy look of that. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your wreath is so darn cute and your sense of humor makes me laugh. At 5 am It starts the day out. I got up to an over flowing aquarium so was not laughing. A few choice words. haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love those butterflies, gorgeous post!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My dose of eye candy for the day. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My heart has taken flight! This is oh so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty, pretty. What a fun way to spend a few hours with paper. Did you read any of the pages as you cut?

    ReplyDelete
  13. How absolutely perfect. I am thinking of stealing your idea but with fall leaves in place of butterflies. Where would I finda a wreath like yours?
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very very beautiful! What an amazing wreath you made. Light and airy! I have never seen anything like this before.

    Happy new week!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my this is stunning...you are so creative my friend. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very sweet and somehow rather poetic

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are such a creative spirit and this butterfly wreath is just adorable. My daughter will have to see this too! I apologize for being so late and yet I have arrived;')~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty and would make a great gift for a Jane Austen fanatic...or anyone else who likes pretty, feminine decor. :-) Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very delicate and sweet!
    Great idea!
    Would love if you stopped by to link this up to my party happening now!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, beautiful butterflies ;o) Maybe I should look fpr my glew gun...
    Thanks for your visit!
    Irina

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would enjoy your lovely crafts even if you shared them WITHOUT your keen wit. But I do so enjoy the two together!

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday. Hope you'll join the fun again, and be sure to bring you humor along. ;)

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just found your blog. You are so funny! I loved reading and being encouraged to get myself off the couch and do some crafting. Thanks.God bless

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}