July 4, 2012

I'm Not Ashamed To Let You Know...

...that i am proud to be an American!

this sentiment seems to have gone out of fashion lately...from the top
down...and i can see how that could happen...IF, it was merely a
"sentiment". but it isn't to me, it runs deeper. so, the latest trend or
the toll it takes on my "coolness factor" will never come into play.




and recently the song, Proud To Be An American has been banned and booed
by the ├╝ber cool...people who have obviously never taken the time to read the
Amendments. but these lines just ring true...at least to me they do.

And I'm proud to be an American
where at least I know I'm free
And I won't forget the men who died
who gave that right to me
And I'll gladly stand up next to you
and defend her still today
Cuz there ain't no doubt I love this land
God Bless the USA

they sum it all up for me, very simply put...

I am proud to be an American and blessed to live in this country.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA, many happy returns!



11 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! Me, too! =]

    Happy Independence Day to you, too! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely!!! Love this country! God Bless the USA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. another reason I LOVE you so much M!!!!!!! I AM proud and happy to say it!
    I still get chills when I here the Star Spangled Banner!
    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! My son is currently overseas defending America's rights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me either, well done! Richard from the Amish commnunity of Lebanon,pa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I am late with this posting, but I JUST came across your blog. I feel EXACTLY the same as you my friend, no FINER country in the world than ours.
    We MUST and I mean MUST.... take it back from the brink in November.
    GOD BLESS THIS AMERCIA OF OURS.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}