June 2, 2012

Scout's Honor


Read the Printed Word!

{if you are a sniffer of old books, like me!}




Read the Printed Word!

{if you hope there will be an old letter, picture or flower in each used book you buy and make up tales about the previous owner!}




Read the Printed Word!

{if you LOVE to read the notes written just inside the cover and MARVEL at the gorgeous penmanship of days gone by!}


{if you LAMENT the passing of each magazine...and THRILL over the publishing of each new book...especially when it's one of your blog buddies!}



pass it on...
let your kindred spirits know...

SPREAD THE WORD!



{thx for the 411, muffin! ;}




3 comments:

  1. I am soooo with you- I love old books-especially those that have notations in the front- a letter penned from Mother to daughter or Auntie to nephew...love it...I even love the smell of old books- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I'm taking one. I've told my husband many times when Christmas or my birthday is around, "do not buy me a kindle; I will not use it". Don't want it ~ love my books. Love turning the pages. Love looking at my set of Little Women books that my grandmother gave me when I turned twelve and seeing her note to me inside the cover. And I love buying books for my own little granddaughter and my nephews to pass that love on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, sister! My family had to drag me out of the library tonight. I only escaped with an armful of books. Normally I leave with bags and bags. My spoils included two home decor books, a lesser-known novel by Cormac McCarthy, a classic by Lucy Maud Montgomery, and a mystery. Ah, the raptures of book love!

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}