May 19, 2012

Book Bound...

{ha! i thought he might get your attention!;}

i LOVE books!
really, really, really love books!
{and yes, i do want to marry them! ;}
two authors who inhabit a very special place in my heart
are Jane Austen & Lucy Maud Montgomery...oh, the hours
we have spent together!






so, when i happened upon a blog called BE BOOK BOUND ...
i was intrigued...nay, enthralled! wooops, just channeled
Fanny Price there for a second!




each post is a literary delight! and more often than not includes a treat
like this P & P printable...





and this way fun place card idea...





or an easy peasy how-to for these Jane silhouette cookies {or that yummy
Austenesque blackberry temptress above!}


BE BOOK BOUND is the creation of sisters, Erika & Miriam, who, for their Jane Austen Month wrote:

"Miriam and I are simple creatures. While we may have complex psyches, it doesn't take much to talk us down off the ledge. Bouquets of flowers, validating words, and Cheez-its come to mind. But the mood elixir of all elixir's for my sister and me is a dose of Jane Austen. After a chapter of her prose, we feel prettier. After watching a scene from Sense and Sensibility, we feel smarter. And somehow, after eating 3 dozen scones and clotted cream, we feel skinnier. It's magic."

Chee-zits, Jane Austen & 3 dozen scones...yah, we are on the same wavelength!



in between scone sessions, they do make time for all manner of
cuteness and creativity! as you can see from this adorable Easter/
Peter Rabbit decor in honor of Beatrix Potter month!






and just you get a load of this nursery that one of the sister created!
shut up!
i know, right!




Anne of Green Gables month and lavender lemony tart goodness!




and how cool are these "frames"!



step-by-step instructions and Anne quote printable included!
these girls don't miss a detail!





they must find Anne as inspiring as i do...because their Anne month
is brimming with projects, ideas & recipes...like this outdoor monogram!




raspberry cordial anyone! these days i prefer a raspberry martini,
but i do remember making this many moons ago and feeling
very close to Avonlea!




this makes me laugh...kinda how i felt when i discovered blogs!




i never realized Lucy Maud was so darn quotable!




well if you feel as i do about books, classic stories and some pretty amazing
authors, then you will thoroughly enjoy each and every BE BOOK BOUND post...
it's like Martha Stewart, with an ingenious literary twist!

can't wait for C.S. Lewis month! {hint! hint;}



8 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love Anne of Green Gables! Lucy Maud Montgomery is the author that got me interested in reading, and that was well after High School!

    LMM really is very quotable, and have you ever tasted raspberry cordial? It's delicious! My mother and I made our own years ago. Every time we'd make some, we just had to use our fancy little pale pink cordial glasses. :p

    And I love Beatrix Potter, too. I have a lot of her biographies. My niece and nephew's nursery was done in Beatrix Potter. My sister and mother painted murals from the books on the walls, and my mother was never even a sketcher or painter at all. She just felt inspired and... Voila! Bunnies and Kitty Cats on the walls.

    Happy Weekend!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU for pointing out this blog. I am bewitched by her pictures and by your post ♥ I can't wait to float around her blog for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh- I so love books, too. I have WAY too many...but can always make room for one more. Delightful post- pictures and all! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sigh* I love Pride and Prejudice. Oh.....Mr. Darcy....

    ReplyDelete
  5. THanks for sharing this new blog. I'll have to check it out. I love all the images you've shared.

    I'm gearing up for my annual WEDDING BLOG PARTY on June 8th and hope you'll join us! AND I'm also having a great giveaway right now so come on over and enter!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we are kindred spirits. I love the same authors you do. I mean, LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a delightful blog! Thank you for directing me to it! I am definitely enthralled!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}