March 15, 2012

I Am A Material Girl!

yep! that's me, a material girl!
i did it...i designed my own material!
ever heard of SPOONFLOWER ?
well, they are an addicting little site that will turn
your own creations into material...in less than a week!



i had no idea what i was doing...or what to do...what else is new??! ;}
but i did know that i had to do a dry run...something simple so i could
see the result before i really put some time and energy into it.



so, i dashed out that drawing at the top...
scanned it...
uploaded to SPOONFLOWER ...
and in about 4 days my very own material was in my mailbox!




it is SO easy too!
just click on everything...try it all out!
change the size...the design...the color...
mess with it as much as you like!!
and if you know photoshop, etc you can go NUTS!
or have your own drawings or paintings to scan...wow!
AND as the "designer", you can make you designs
available to the public for purchase and receive a
commission!

i am SO happy with my "tester"...and now that i know it's
truly worth it...i'll use some of my real designs!

give it a go!
it's so much fun!!!

Project Parade @ DIY Showoff
JSIWU @ The Girl Creative
Tuesday's Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia
Met Monday @ BNOTP
Show & Tell @ My Romantic Home
Inspiration Friday @ At The Picket Fence
Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors





PS. spoonflower doesn't know me from adam...or eve for
that matter, and have no idea i am posting about them.

17 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Happy Sunday!

    I also took the plunge and printed my own fabric with Spooflower {will be posted soon on my blog}.
    Your cupcake fabric looks amazing! Loooove it!
    What are you going to make with it?
    I can see an apron!

    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that? This is something I might totally do. I am going to have to check it out? I am wondering if they do blends or if it is all cotton? Off to see for myself. Thanks for the tip- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks great! Like Gabriela, I could see this as an apron or some kitchen towels! I used a similar company a couple of years ago to have my father's artwork done on fabric and I made him two pillows with his own artwork. Since I took so many pictures of his art to get the two "good" ones for the fabric, I also made him a calendar. He thought it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to check them out. Never heard of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping by from the DIY Project Parade! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is why I love blogging!! People are so generous and share all of the latest gadgets and sights available. I am so excited to check this sight out!!! What fun! Thank you!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous! Recently I have been longing for a certain fabric pattern that I have not been able to find and now I can easily design my own. Thanks so much for this great tip!!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to try this. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great. I look forward to seeing you at My Dream Canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how sweet! Love, love your cute fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharing Spoonflower! Love your "sample".

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for sharing spoon flower- my nephew is an amazing artist- and I can just see his drawings as the cutest fabric! can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am inviting you to come and be part of my blog hop:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/04/safe-cooking-habits-and-tips-show-your.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cute is that!!! love what you did

    ReplyDelete
  15. I recently found out about SpoonFlower! I can't believe you got your fabric in that short of time! This could be dangerous for me! Thanks for sharing your artwork; it's really cute!

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}