February 10, 2012

You're Gonna Get The Wooden Spoon!

did that post title bring a bit of fear and trembling
to your heart? or possibly your posterior? ;}



sorry charlie...didn't mean to give you flashbacks...
or make your derriere twitch...just wanted to show
you my latest bit of pointless madness...in the form
of...well, wooden spoons. {i was turned on to these
little cuties by KASEY ...although she used them for
a much saner purpose! ;}





as i placed my order for them i knew that they would never
be used for any purpose other than craftiness...i had visions
upon visions and truly, they didn't involve any illegal substances...
not even wine!

decoupaging was vision #1.
so, i gave them a nice white base coat to make whatever paper i
used, really pop! {again...trying to sound like i have a plan and
a clue what i am talking about when it's not necessarily the case...
at all...but you have come this far...so hang with me! ;}






are these napkins cool, or what?
shut up!
i know!
and they will never go anywhere near a table...or lips!





i just brushed the painted spoons with a bit of LIQUID LAMINATE
and smoothed down the napkin...let it set for a few minutes ,then pulled
away the excess napkin and smoothed the edges.









i know! i know!
they are useless when that Lucky Charms craving hits...
but, saints preserve us! they sure are cute!





makes a darn fine napkin tchotchke too!






loving that! {if i do say so myself...and i do! ;}




even an easy peasey bit of Lazy Girl art!




but i have many napkins!
so i decided to give some homemade chintz a whirl!










be still my heart!
cute little props for your next teatime table scape!





and just for good measure i used up a scrap of map i had
from the Graphics Fairy...
so now i know i can pretty much adhere anything i want to
these little beauties!!





silly...nonfunctional...





but, oh so fun!
{just like me! ;}

PIN IT
TWEET IT
FACEBOOK


Project Parade @ The DIY Showoff
Met Monday @ BNOTP
Mosaic Monday @ The Little Red House
Brag Monday @ The Graphics Fairy
Tuesday's Treasures @ MUSOS
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots & Jello
Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors





thank goodness for feline quality control! ;}

34 comments:

  1. OMG, I love them! I love those napkins, too. I have napkins that I buy {usually from Home Goods} that I think are so pretty and they sit in a drawer not being used! I need to get over that, I think. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh- You are just too much! I love those little suckers. I wouldn't want to marry them...but I do LOVE them. You are so flipping clever! Now I know where you have been and what you have been doing...you've been spooning. Way to go! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! These are fantastic! I love the one with a map on it...and the colorful chintz, too! What a great project! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love it, I love it!!! This is great. Thanx for sharing and I'm going to do this for shure..Dear greatings, Elly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so cute - and as you said, useless...but cute trumps useful all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, those are adorable, beautiful, and so unique!! Would you sell any?? I would definitely buy some, if The Price Is Right! :) I'm serious! I especially like the one with the map and chintz, too, like Lavender Dreamer said!! If you want to e-mail me, here is my address: Writergal53 (at) Gmail (dot com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. well hello there old bloggy friend! these are really sweet! I like the mostly white with a few flower sprigs the best!

    My mom used a wooden spoon on my older siblings but the boys managed to break them in the door by the time I came around! Whew! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. These spoons are great!!! I love the bright colored ones, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What will you think of next?! And who knew spoons could look so glamourous! Love them - especially the ones you have framed.

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  10. adorable, M!

    do you think that could be placed in a bowl of sugar? ooh - maybe a bunch hanging to form a mobile?

    the wheels in my mind are turning!

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW -- so creative! I love them! I would love for you to share these at my DO IT YA SELF Monday Link up over at threemangoseeds.blogspot.com. Hope to see you there - XO, Clydia

    ReplyDelete
  12. We all need a punch of nonfunctional cuteness!
    Your newest follower, Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nonfunctional - maybe. But why do I still want them!! Love the black and white ones! New follower.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  14. so sweet - not every pretty thing has to be useful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are beautiful!! I especially like the script and the map (and the floral, and the other floral...) Thanks for the inspiration! I'd love it if you'd share this at my Show & Tell party, going on now @ the Delectable Home.

    ReplyDelete
  16. love it, they look amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. "silly...nonfunctional..." GORGEOUS

    B.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like the chintz spoons best! Wanted to let you know I am having my very first giveaway - a fancy apron - to celebrate my publication in apronology mag!
    http://houseofbeautifuldogs.blogspot.com/2012/02/fancy-apron-giveaway.html
    Oh Geez, I just watched the Cowboys Herding Cats video.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh they are SO cute! What a great idea. I really LOVE the framed ones.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Actually, the title made me laugh and remember. Aye! I always enjoy visiting your blog but I really loved it this time. Still laughing over it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Really and truly pretty! (says she with surprise).

    ReplyDelete
  22. Supercute!! I'm a napkin collector too! I would love to try those, so fun, and I love them with the napkin. Thanks for sharing! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just found your blog on Pinterest. I love it! I can imagine your craft area to be like mine with a little bit of everything and to many ideas for such a little bit of time. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great and fun project! They are adorable. I am filing this idea away in folder of want to do projects. Love the napkins with the French writing!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are just too cute!!!
    I just watched the "cat herders" also...oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are so correct....they are very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. So very CUTE! I wonder if Mod Podge would work just as well?

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}