February 18, 2012

Going Post-al...



such a lovely sentiment, n'est-ce pas?
well, you know...it is that time!
naked cherubs and enough candy to make your teeth hurt!
{i can boil Valentine's Day down to its essence...but i'll never
have a career in the greeting card biz! ;}
so, in the spirit if things i was working on a Valentine-y
project...
{raw footage today...i wasn't feeling the patience needed to edit my shots! ;}



see...here it is...its beginnings, at least. it would have been cute too...
but, when i wasn't paying enough attention,
my glue pen fell over and created a glue mess
the size of the O-hi-o! {i may have been distracted
by the heart-shaped York peppermint patties on my
counter...but i really don't think that's relevant and
i'm taking the 5th!!!} so, like any 2 year old, i had
a tantrum and wadded it all up and threw it away!
{then i ate a peppermint patty...}

after going post-al...i was post-less, so...
i huffed & puffed for a while...did some laundry...
cleaned up an early Valentine's gift from my cat...
{pureed Friskies...she is too good to me!
uh-hem...}then the siren's song of Liquid Laminate
pulled me back to the counter...
OK! OK! i wanted another peppermint patty! but
as i wiped a chocolate bit from my chin...i spied the
LL...so, it was only half a lie! ;}




well, you knew i have that whole stack of cool napkins...
you knew i was going to have to do it sooner or later...
so, i did it!
now, i know there are some purists out there who
cringe when i do all the things i do to starfish...what
would Jacques Cousteau think, and all that...but since
he is actually quite dead...i think i can pretty much get
away with anything! ;}

i LOVE how that little dude turned out!



and since i am an American...




naturally, i had to "go large" too, with this big guy!





in a fit of inspiration {read: peppermint patty high} i even
added a bit of oooommphhhhhh to the back of one of JAMI'S a-dorable tags!





i hope she doesn't mind! ;}





from the cart to the car, somehow this little pot got
cracked and chipped and since it wasn't his fault,
i gave him a makeover instead of pitching him!




not bad! and now he is fit to hold all manner of tchotchkes!




today's moral: with enough peppermint patties...i could run the world!
ok, maybe just a city...a small city...a town then? alright, a mere
hamlet! {what is a hamlet??!! ;}


Project Parade @ DIY Showoff
JSIWU @ The Girl Creative
Mosaic Monday @ The Little Red House
Show & Tell @ The Delectable Home
Tuesday's Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Feather Your Nest @ French Country Cottage
Under 100 @ Beyond The Picket Fence
Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

PIN IT
TWEET IT
FACEBOOK






the QC inspector was quite lazy and took the day off to lounge!

34 comments:

  1. I've never seen a starfish printed on, but I love it! ::Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post--I especially love that cat picture-you should frame that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahahahahahahahaha!
    I think old Jacques would be more offended by SpongeBob Squarepants than this post...especially if you offer him a Peppermint Patty!
    Starfish tats...I think you're on to something!

    xo
    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this post...the starfish, the tags, the little pot, everything...even the adorable kitty! I'm your newest follower! Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had quite the day! Love the decoupaged pot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmmm...I don't know why, but now I'm craving a Peppermint Pattie. =) Love the starfish. Love the heart. Love the pot. Maybe I should keep a stash of Peppermint Patties in my house - especially if they lead to this type of creativity!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you sure it is Peppermint Patties you are onto and not Peppermint Schnappes? Just askin'....

    Hamlet- Ham-let: A bit 'o pig mixed with a bit 'o egg?

    Cute little (big) starfish! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your projects turned out very well; maybe the peppermint patty helped. Chocolate always helps me focus. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. it all looks so romantic and lovely. xo P.S> the new header looks so pretty! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post, such wonderful creativity. I love the cute kitty. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your creations are just divine, I love them. Thanks for sharing. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how they all turned out! Great job on the pot! This would be great project to help me dress up a couple I have here {nothing spectacular going on with them at all}.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Three cheers for peppermint patties! What would we do without their inspiration?!!!!! Love your post ... as always! And your inspector is quite gorgeous! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I.have.got.to.GET me some of those York peppermint hearts. Everyone's blogging about them. They seem to bestow super powers. (and, since, I still have Christmas decos up where the Valentiney shtuff is supposed to go, I'd better hurry!=/)

    ReplyDelete
  15. ♥:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*
    ♥/'´'´'\♥
    .//^ ^\\ Feliz Dia del Amor y Amistad ♥♥
    (/(_♥_)\) ::::::::::::::::::::::♥♥
    ._/''*''\_ ............♥♥❁◕‿◕❁ ♥ ♥
    (/_)^(_\).
    ************************************

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am loving that starfish almost as much as peppermint patties. Do you have an etsy shop, because I want to go to there and spend all my money. Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post! I would love for you stop by and link up at my linky party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/

    Mrs. Delightful
    Ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Compeletly GORGEOUS!!! Would love for you to stop by and link up to the Tuesday To Do Party (if you haven't already.) Also, the Pretty Packages Party is going on & I would love for you to share any creative gifts, packages or party favor ideas!

    http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2012/02/tuesday-to-do-part-49-and-48-list.html

    http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2012/02/pretty-packages-party-12.html

    Smiles!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your creations are wonderful and I adore your kit-cat...what a darling one...Happy Valentine's Day~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those starfish are amazing. What fun projects! Love the pic of your kitty. So pretty. Hey that rhymes. I also wanted to stop by and let you know I took your advice and added the reply feature to my site as well as an email link. It took me a while but I figured it out. Thank you and talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do love your pretties. Wish I could have seen the Valentine project after completion but before the "incident" cause those little printed hearts looked awesome. Oh well, you recovered nicely.

    Hope you had a nice Valentine's Day,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love these! Especially the pot. A happy accident?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Where in the world do you find all this cool stuff...like these napkins???? I absolutely love that starfish, and I think Jacques Cousteau would too : ) Your little creations are so pretty...even if you WERE high on peppermint patties!!!!
    sending love...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love them all..... even the 'cracked' pot. =)
    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  25. I normally wouldn't like the tinted starfish either (yes, I live in Europe) but this one is beautiful. Cuter then cute QC inspector alert!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You do great work on a Peppermint Patty high...love it all.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love it!! Love it love it love it!! Peppermint patties are great for your creativity!!! :) Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would love to get my hands on some of those napkins!

    Love the star fish!

    tot

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are so talented and creative! And what an adorable kitty-cat!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi,I was so inspired by your project I experimented with some paper of my own. I linked your post in my post. I especially love the star fish with the script. Couldn't find the napkins you were using with the script so I made my own tissue. Check out my post. I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love all of these! The starfish though . . . . . . THAT'S my favorite!

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}