December 9, 2011

Love You Annie Sloane...But Check Out This Homemade Chalk Paint!

if necessity is the mother of invention...then Michele, the proprietrix of
Knot Too Shabby , is quite a...
hmmm...not sure where I was going with that... ;}
let's begin again shall we...ahem..




nestled at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains lies a quaint little city
named Glendora...and i am talking Stars Hallow quaint! among the many
adorable shops filling its twinkle light enrobed tree-lined main street you
will find an equally quaint shop called Knot Too Shabby .
it's simply bursting with old suitcases, bird cages, vintage books and
refinished furniture...none of which are the reason i gathered you here
today...




Michele, finding the cost of the standard bearer's chalky paint to be a tad
prohibitive...just took the bull by the horns...can do spirit and all...and
mixed up her own recipe! now, this sort of effort goes well beyond the
bounds of what i am willing to exert for my "art"...no laziness here...
completely foreign to me! ;} but i can admire her ingenuity! i'll have to
admire it from afar though...or else i'll need a nap...and some chocolate! ;}

find her recipe HERE !!!!


7 comments:

  1. isn't chalk paint the best? Homemade chalk paint is even better :) Thanks for dropping by my site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the recipe with us!! It is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I don't live too far from there and I am definitely going to check it out! I love quaint little shops and holiday lights and, of course, shopping! Thanks for the info on the paint, too, I have bought Annie Sloan's and it does get a bit pricey...

    ReplyDelete
  4. huh. interesting. i haven't used chalk paint (yet) but this sounds easy enough, yes?

    chalk up another great share, M!

    guffaw

    xo
    elyse

    hey -- do you remember those toothpaste commercials where the babysitter would dip chalk into something. was it aquafresh? you'll know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you did again, you naughty girl...sent me over to a blog and I HAD to sign up to follow..and now I will be dogging her steps, too. I need a second life just to follow blogs...seriously~ xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not tried the chalk paint yet but am getting an inch to soon! Hopefully in the new year!! LOVE the look of this! I'm your newest follower and would love for you to return the "love" on your next visit!!

    XO, Aimee from ItsOverflowing!

    PS I'm having my first linky party on Tuesday, 12/13. It will be "Christmas Scape" themed, tablescape ~ landscape or anywhere else in you home that you've added a touch of Christmas! I'd LOVE for you to link up! My blog is http://www.itsoverflowing.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨. *
    ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨ **
    ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨*o*
    ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨*♥*o*
    ¨¨¨¨¨¨¨***o***
    ¨¨¨¨¨¨**o**♥*o*
    ¨¨¨¨¨**♥**o**o**
    ¨¨¨¨**o**♥***♥*o*
    ¨¨¨*****♥*o**o****
    ¨¨**♥**o*****o**♥**
    ¨******o*****♥**o***
    ****o***♥**o***o***♥ *
    ¨¨¨¨¨____!_!____
    ¨¨¨¨¨\_________/¨¨

    felicidades!!
    todo lindo!

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}