November 21, 2011

Two Minute Thankful Decor...


now, i realize that not everyone has 144 peat pots just sitting
around taking up space { get them HERE ! they literally cost cents...
yes, ¢'s! which is precisely why you will end up buying way more than
you need, like i did! ;} but even if you don't happen to have a gross
of peat pots...you could use terra cotta pots...
glass vases...
or perhaps a wooden vessel you have artfully whittled from a tree branch? ;}




this actually takes lazy to a new level...of well, laziness...ahem.
although "taking something to a new level" implies a certain
amount of exertion...so, that is a poor choice of words since
the exertion level required for this project is a 1...no, let's make
that a 0...a -1...hmmmmm....




just pop yourself on over to The Graphics Fairy ...peruse, gather &
print up any of her Thanksgiving prints {the link above will take you
right to the Thanksgiving selection...yes, i did all the work for you...it
is that time of year...and all the "goodwill towards men" is just coursing
through my veins! ;}






then just lash {"affix with string" sounds so boring! ;} them to the vessel
of your choosing! but first you might want to give them a festive
edging! or use an expensive yet fabulous paper punch {i find that i
like to use my expensive punches quite frequently so that i can mentally
amortize their uses over the year and feel that i have made a wise investment! ;}












fill and fluff with bits and bobs...or corks...which actually can bob...






vintage shreds with glittered & decoupaged acorns...
or even something less whimsical/borderline nutty!
{to each their own...so, i went with the whimsical/
borderline nutty! ;}




team them up with your other fall-icious treats to create
a festive vignette in a jiffy with NO sweat equity needed!
after all, you need to save your precious strength for
all the chewing you will be doing on Thursday...followed
by a nap, naturally! ;}

Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Weekend Wrap Up @ Tattertots & Jello
Mosaic Monday @ The Little Red House
Project Parade @ DIY Showoff
Met Monday @ BNOTP
Brag Monday @ The Graphics Fairy
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach cottage
Fall Into Fall @ DIY By Design
Primp Your Stuff @ Primp


PIN IT
TWEET IT
FACEBOOK


25 comments:

  1. Lovely ideas, and I so enjoy your play with words. God Bless The Graphics Fairy!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can do lazy. : ) I think it's a great idea and if you've got the peat pots on hand, I think it's a great project to put together for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing job! What a great idea! Thanks for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always a delight to visit here!!! Happy Thanksgiving! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet, I just love peat pots too, not only are the cheap but they are just sooo cool! t.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the prettiest peat pots I've seen. What a fun (and easy) idea. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the reason I started using book pages in my work. I've begun covering things in dictionary pages and get such a kick out of it. Thank you for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty fancy peat pots! Too much fun! Thanks to the Graphics Fairy and to you. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love peat pots, they are so fun to alter!
    Thank you for this great post, I'll get busy on mine now.

    Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These pots are lovely, especially for the holidays. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm a new follower, please drop by when you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE your peat pots, with the sweet acorns, and the wine corcs- and the cut outs in those special forms, are wonderful ,too.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such pretty images, M!

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I just love the peat pots. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those peat pots!

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great blog, and this series of images are so interesting and lovely all at once, really like this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun post! I love your idea of covering the peat pots. One of these days I need to get around to trying my hand at it. Oh, and I love all of the goodies that you filled them with, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I just love your pots! thank you for sharing!
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very creative and lovely ideas. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What is that paper punch you used for the Happy Pilgrim cut out? I want to buy one but I don't know what to call that shape. Any clue?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Many Blessings to you and your love ones this Thanksgiving..Hugs and smiles Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are the reason I started using book pages in my work. Your plant growth fully and now it does 't need too much caring. Plantation is good hobby.
    soldes

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your pots! I have some Xmas ones in the works but yours are just adorable!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are really cute, would be pretty with Christmas Graphics also, I might need to get some of those peat pots! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}