November 27, 2011

Once Upon A Cammode...

pleasant enough, don't you think?
and yet the need for something fresh and
new was as strong edward's need for bella's blood!
{sorry...all the twilightapulooza with the latest
premiere has gotten into my brain...}




but this is Kae's bathroom...she's no fan of the sparkly-
skinned so i will xnay the vamp talk and get back to her
toilet!





the basic idea was for a bit more space in a severely
spatially challenged room...that 3 grown boys share!
{yah, they were raised on pink and lace and shabby...
consequently they play hockey and the sweaty drums...
and are stinky...boys are boys from the womb...you just
can't change that! }






yah...yah...she's all pink and lace and shabby...but expect to
find a cat on her ironing board when you stop by for tea! ;}
anywho...weren't we talking about a bathroom? sometimes
i get a little distracted...



well, it was a nice bathroom...





the only thing more destructive to a bathroom than 3 sons...
is the contractor you actually pay to destroy it!
and didn't he do a fine job! ;}
they only had one "potty" for about 3 weeks...
but that is a whole other post...story...etc!





luckily, they have a contractor with some mad skills...





so, he built them a new medicine cabinet so they could
get rid of the under-sink cabinet and free up more space...
for Mitchum...Axe & Lotrimin!





and how about some cool new tile instead of the one-piece
fiberglass thing! niiiiiiiiice!





rockin' new fixtures...very House Beautiful!




so, let's recap...


from this...






to this!






this...





to this...






this...






to this...






not bad, eh?
ok, it's not like you can fit the entire mormon tabernacle choir
in there...but at least it "appears" at tad more roomy!
who can't use a more bead boardy, pedestaly, tile-y space?! ;}

Met Monday @ BNOTP
Project Parade @ DIY Showoff
Sister Sunday
Meet Monday @ You Are Talking Too Much
Tuesday's Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice Of Suburbia
T & T Tuesday @ Home Stories A-Z
Wow Us Wed @ Savvy Southern Style
Good Life Wed @ A Beach Cottage
Open House @ No Minimalist Here
Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm Of Home
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Inspiration Friday @ At The Picket Fence
Farm House Friday @ Laurie Annas





26 comments:

  1. I think it turned out perfect for everyone's needs.

    XO,
    JAne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the finished product!! It looks great and I love the new fixtures in the bath tub! I never got into The Twilight fad like everyone else. I have seen the movies, but that's about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bathroom looks beautiful. I love the new tile.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I've been working on my bathroom myself so I understand the effort. I love the new towels- where are they from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! What a lot of work--I love beadboard...don't we all?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We switched over to a pedestal sink and love it, although...we could use an oversize medicine cabinet like yours. It's amazing what a gal can (hoard) store in a bathroom cabinet.
    Did I miss what happened to the bottom cabinet that was removed. it looked like it could be repurposed into a piece of furniture.

    Sweet wishes,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job!
    I wouldn't get into such a big project myself...
    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for Kae! Love the bead boadr! A pedestal sink would so help our bathroom! This is the smallest bathroom I've ever had. Good ole farm house builders didn't think bathrooms should be any bigger than the good ole outhouse they used to have!

    Sisters hand was funny! :)

    Well, I just went to see Breaking Dawn for the SECOND time. :) I guess you could say I'm a fan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lot of work went into that redesign, but the results are fantastic. I'm a new follower, please drop by when you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWZA! That's a makeover!!! I love that commode now M! I am coveting the medicine chest.
    I have missed so much creating going on here and I am wondering...do you glitter in your sleep???
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so funny! I love the changes but had to chuckle - we should have been in touch with one another, because we just replaced the pedestal sink with one with a cupboard underneath - and I like your old one better than our new one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks Beautiful! Great job. It's a great pleasure visiting you.<3

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous job! It looks great!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! The mirrored cabinet across the top is pure genius! And...you still get your bead board, lace curtain and cottage-y look even if three smelly, athletic boys use it! Well done!!

    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very, very nice remodeling job. Definitely more masculine, but with strong shabby feminine roots.
    The twilight reference had me a little befuddled...but I now feel you.
    Cheers,
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG! It's amazing - you should get it featured in Country Living or something. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow- love the transformation!! Stopping by from Open House Party- Feathered Nest Friday is going on right now if you would like to share this over there too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Holy cow....this is beautiful. I so love the new sink...the tile is awesome and, you're right, it DOES look bigger.
    Sure was glad to see you came by for a visit...come back sooner next time. :))
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a huge change! I absolutely love the oversized medicine cabinet and the tile is incredible. Thank you so much for sharing this at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yikes! What an improvement! It turned out gorgeous...well worth the wait, I'm sure! Come check out my space sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that large mirrored cabinet! What a great idea for freeing up space in a tiny bathroom. I have 4 stinky boys (and 2 girly girls) sharing one very small bathroom...of course all of the kiddos use ours too :)
    Thank you for sharing this great makeover.
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  22. I found your blog on At the Picket Fence's linky party! Such a nice blog! Love the vanity cabinet above the toilet and sink. What a clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a great makeover! Love the reno and the last shot! How funny! Very nice! Thank you for linking up with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think it is a bathroom update worthy of even Carlisle and Esme's approval! (OK, I've already seen it 5 times and it just came out haha.)

    Well done! GREAT transformation!

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}