October 17, 2011

You Asked For It...Yet Another Pumpkin Post!

ok, so maybe you didn't ask for it...
but you're gonna get it anyway! 'tis the season
for pumpkins and you are not leaving autumn
without getting my 2¢ worth of fall-icious fun.
which brings us, once again, back to my scripty
faux burlap fabric that i am bound and determined
to use every last square inch of...because it was quite
a spendy purchase!




so here is the reverse side of of the fabric...
too much?
hey, never let it be said that my "tutorials" are
anything less than thorough...or something!
i used 2 hand towels as the "stuffing"...what has
every body else used? i seriously had no idea what
to use...well, actually when my girl kitty is asleep
in a little ball...she's the perfect shape...but i had
this feeling that she'd be less than amenable to the
idea...and that i'd lose 5 pints of blood in the attempt...
so, towels it is!



fabric cut to size...what size? eh, no idea...
trust me, there were no algorithms or
hypotenuses used in this process! i just figured
i'd squish it up until it looked pumpkin-esque...
or something!



quality control...always close at hand!




forcepts...clamp...rubber band! i couldn't think of anything
else to use...and again...the cat was unwilling to cooperate!
then i tugged and pulled and pleated...growled and messed
it all up and started over again...don't let my skills fool you...
making fake pumpkins is NOT an exact science!





a festive tag made from the Graphics Fairy's wares!




as is this framed sheet music for a bit a staging magic.




hemp twine & wine corks...where is she going with this??!!
{trust me...she doesn't even know! ;}





yah, yah...it seemed like a good idea at the time!
but i think we can all agree...it's a "FAIL!"
i had to think of something else...i just couldn't look
at that...i just kept laughing! ;}





so, not all pumpkins have to have a long stem...
some just have a stubby one, right? well, that's my story
and i'm sticking to it!
i x-nayed the cork protrusion and rewrapped the twine
so that it climbed a tad higher...more stump-like.




upon reflection...{aka...after a glass of wine} i thought that it might
have been a good idea to wrap the twine higher still, then coil it
and glue it at the top to create a more realistic stump...for the
faux pumpkin...yah...i know...sounds like i have been smoking
some of that hemp twine!




but realistically faux...or no.
i still like it better...sans cork protrusion! ;}





and when fall has left us...
since it is towel filled...
i can just use it for my future absorption needs!
how green is that??! ;}





i'm done...i promise!
and you all get a merit badge for enduring this post! ;}

Funky Fall Decorating @ Funky Junk Interiors


PIN IT
TWEET IT
FACEBOOK


53 comments:

  1. Your pumpkin is gorgeous! I never would have thought to put a towel in the middle - hee! Love the fabric too!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect pumpkin! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little "short stemmed" pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey...I have some of that fabric, too! Love it! But I especially love your little Tortie helper. I have several of those! lol Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun, and I love the pumpkin. The corks were cute too. Great idea and the fabric and tag are super. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. K I must have poor taste cuz I kinda liked the corks???

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful! Prefer sans cork but either was is wonderfully creative and a rea "eye catcher."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I gotta tell you (cuz I'm honest like that) when I saw those corks stuck in there I thought...OMG-what WAS she thinking? SOOOO much better without them-but you already know that apparently because your removed them pronto. After THAT- it does look really cute!

    Love that tag with the shell for the body of the butterfly...now THAT is clever!

    Hope you had a wonderful Sunday. The gang has left the stadium...and my house...and I am freee......well...maybe not free but I am reasonable! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol! You had me laughing all the way through this post! What fun! I've gotta tell you, that cork DID look a little goofy. Your final pumpkin turned out adorable, though! :) LUV that fabric!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. A truly green pumpkin...how great is that M? I definitely like the no stem version myself.
    I cracked up over the 'cat stuffing', I am so glad you thought that one through before you had to use the towels to sop up the blood.

    The tag you created is beautiful!
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute, and very original - but I'm beginning to expect that from you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the pumpkin turned out perfectly. You keep it real showing your struggles. And fun!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the your pumpkin sans cork too! Beautiful fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are always a delight!!! Got scared when I saw the corks.....but you made a good save!!! The pumpkin is adorable with the twine stub.....and I have that same fabric and using every square inch of it no matter what...I see a lot of altered art in the future....hugs...cleo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nicely done!! What a pretty kitty!!! Have a wonderful day! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute, post gave me a chuckle. Have a great week:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute "pumpkin"

    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Although this little pumpkin is cute as a bumpkin (rhyme?!, your narration was the best part of the post! LOL The corks were a little odd... Good call on nixing them. :-)
    hugs- Sue

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic fall post!Your pumpkin turned out great and gorgeous shots. Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hurray for the stumpy pumpkin! PLEASE do not use it for your absorbtion needs! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tehehehe, ok, so the cork stalk was a wee bit, lets say unusual, lol, but hey, I bet you had fun drinking the three bottles of wine in order to get the three corks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. How cool and sweet is that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Reading your posts first thing every morning starts my day out right...with a big smile on my face!! Thanks ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This came out really cute! I see these at craft fairs with vintage chenille and pause for a minute trying to decide if they're really hip or a little too folksy for me... Thank you for the great variation!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pretty funny post. I agree with the shorter stem . . . the longer one would have been great for use as a club. haha and . . . step AWAY From the Cat.
    Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  26. ciao sono nuova ,complimenti quante cose belle baci lù.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I totally love your quality control!!! the pumpkin is pretty darn swell too ;o)

    Hope you're having a splendid week.

    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are Hilarious... and Lord knows I needed a good Laugh! Thank You!!! For the hearty Laugh, the visual of that Cork protrusion {which I might have kept "As Is" just so I would be laughing or smiling at every glance} and for a great Fabric Pumpkin Tutorial. Pass the Wine, if I could score some of the killer Fabric it would lure me away from the Velvet I've been obsessed with having my Fabric Pumpkins in... I'm addicted to them now and they're increasing much like wire hangers around this ole' House! You're now added to my fav Blog list... Humor & Beautiful Visuals combined is the perfect combo for a delightful Blog visit.

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love idea of printed fabric, and tag is great!

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  30. Cute pumpkin, loved the fabric you used! Laura Cottage and Broome

    ReplyDelete
  31. So cute! I especially love your photography and staging...very pretty! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I Love it...so cute! The framed sheet music and tag are fabulous too. Thank you for sharing your Frenchy pumpkin at the Open House Party.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  33. Adorable! I liked the corks :-).
    I'm a new follower. Enjoyed looking at your projects.
    I have a link party if you would like to share something. It's started on Tuesday.
    www.projectqueen.org. Hope you stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Funny tutorial the way you descibe the instructions and so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Awesome project and fab vignette...and quite entertaining, too. Glad I'm not the only one that gains perspective after a glass of wine. :)
    Visiting from 36th Ave!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the whole post...great pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Ok...you are hilarious!! I really do love how it turned out and think the script fabric is just gorgeous! I totally cracked up picturing you trying to wrap up your cat and I'm so glad you posted a picture of the first attempt. We have to keep it real in blogland right? :-) Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  38. Let me just say, this pumpkin is so fantastic, love it.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  39. "ok, so maybe you didn't ask for it...but you're gonna get it anyway!" Ahahaha! Still laughing as I type. You are soooo funny. I wish we were closer so I could come over and giggle and cackle over a glass or two of wine. I love your little pumpkin with and with out the corkage (but better without). How cool to stuff him with a towel. I agree, what a stylish way to wipe up a spill. Always beautiful around here. Thanks for being first to link to air your laundry friday too, m!

    xoxo,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  40. Really cute and quite simple. Where did you find that beautiful burlap?

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is adorable...loved the commentary too :) Laurel@chippingwithcharm

    ReplyDelete
  42. LOVE!! Naturally. I always do love your stuff don't I?

    Shared on FJI Facebook for SNS 104 - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150415430016141&set=a.192514281140.164586.175378011140&type=1&theater

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  43. One of the cutest pumpkins around! and I love the addition of the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I think it's darling!!! Sharing this at the party tonight- thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Not only is the pumpkin fabulous, the staging is perfect too! And yes, I did pin it! Love it, love it. I need some and hope I find the time to recreate this gorgeous pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  46. PLEASE TELL ME WHERE YOU GOT THE FABRIC OR WHO IT IS BY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Fantastic, very creative. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love it! Just pinned it! Just found you via TT&J's Wrap Up party. Have a great weekend!
    Laurie @ Gallamore West

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}