October 2, 2011

The Secret Life Of Dishes...



if you are a dishophile you will get this...
if you aren't, you won't...simple as that.
it's a sickness and if you haven't been infected...
if a dainty teacup doesn't make your heart flutter,
a gorgeous plate doesn't make your knees weak
and if an entire collection doesn't leave you reaching
for the smelling salts...then this is not the post for
you! ;}




so, a while ago i took pictures of Bee's china hutch...
up close and personal.




the kind of pictures i would want to see...





as if you are right there...peeking in!






i just love that little sign!






{sidebar}
if you have never seen or read an EMILIE BARNES book...
you are missing out!
She has an amazing collection of tea-related books! She has even
teamed up with SUSAN RIOS & SANDY LYNAM CLOUGH
for her illustrations! Too cute!






my favorite!!!!! english rose! i do believe it's the perfect pattern!





are you checking for dust?
{i doubt you'll find any! but don't despair...i always keep
a ready reserve on hand at my house! ;}






don't you feel like you're on safari!
right up in there with a mustard pot and pin tray!
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooowwwwwwwwlllllllll!





{i should have taken the mini deer and little car out before
i took the shot...i am just so used to seeing them there...that i don't
see them anymore...and the reason they are there...trust me, you
don't want to go there.}
the box that the little car is on...it's a cigarette box...yes, a box
that pretty to hold cigarettes...can you imagine!




those little shells...salt cellars...are my very favorite chintz item.
could they be cuter? no!





i don't want you to miss anything...




here's the opposite view...
chintz and sunshine were made for each other!






ok, i tried my best to give you that "bird's eye"...
snoop's eye view. but i think you get the basic idea...
chintz is darn pretty!!! ;}


Pink Saturday @ How Sweet The Sound






ooops...just a smidge more! ;}

14 comments:

  1. I could go back 50 times and not get tired of looking. These are beautiful examples of chintz. I would love a china cabinet like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG My heart is pitter pattering!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Saturdays, lots of Pinktastic stuff to see. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pink!

    My Pink is here, hope you can come by and see. Have a great week weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many sweet and lovely items! Thanks for sharing this inspiration. Definitely consider myself a "dishophile" so this post def spoke to my heart ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. be still my heart and shaking knees!!!! This look into Bee's cabinet is just what I wanted to see today. Gorgeous chintz!!!!
    hugs from here to you and Bee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be still my heart! She has a beautiful collection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Baaawwwaah ... I lost my Royal Albert chintzware collection in an earthquake, and still regret my decision to display them without making them more secure. Have one little pin dish of 'Hazel' and treasure it dearly. This collection leaves my used to be one in the dust. Wonderful recording of it all. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pitter, patter. Just beautiful. I have this affliction.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another dishophile here. In fact my mother called me a "China Idiot" and the name has been brought up a quite a few times over the years. Yes, a dainty teacup makes me swoon and floral china makes me weak in the knees. I have even make out loud sighs when looking especially at your posts. Kae's China Cabinet? I don't know how many times I have looked at that and nearly weeped. Thank you for sharing the beauty. You do it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh. my. goodness. I have never seen so much beauty in one place in my life. I want to sit and look at the gorgeousness, and yes sip some tea and look some more. How can you even stand seeing it in person? Could you hold tours, sell tickets, we will come from far and wide and we promise not to touch :)

    Mary @ Redo 101

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where did I put those smelling salts....I am a dishophile....do I need to register somewhere??? Yep, I would be swooning over all this gorgeousness!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh my I do love Chintz and just visited such wonderful eye candy, beautiful post! Hugs Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like pretty dishes to eat off of, but not to dust.

    I thought that one set looked even better with the mini car!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yeah, this is the view we want to see when we dishaholics are peeping into a fabulous collection! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}