October 10, 2011

Ornithology 101...{Birds On A Wire}



yes...birds again...
i missed my calling as an ornithologist!
well, if the study of birds includes the glittery papery kind
{and NO dissecting!;}
i saw this wreath on BAYBERRY ...and while it doesn't cost a major
fortune...i thought i'd take a crack at it myself...free is always better...
free makes me quite happy!




now this wire was not the proper gauge...should have been a tad
thicker...and i actually do have the thicker stuff...but i can't seem
to locate it at present...if any of you know where it is...please let
me know...i'm sure i'm looking right at it...under a pile of crepe
paper or ribbons! i suppose there's something to be said
for being organized and tidy after all! i'll get to that tomorrow...
naaaaaaah!





so, this is the makeshift, semi-wonky wire-y foundation i made...
you're impressed...i can feel it through the world wide web!
{this will be my symbol when i get rich and buy a dude ranch...
"the lazy loopy ranch"...has a nice ring, eh? I will hold "lazy
girl craft workshops" there...where we can watch other people
make things! ;}







now, to get down to brass tacks!
using an assortment of lovelies from The Graphics Fairy,
my birdie template and my nasty old pink scissors...





i made a flock of these guys...





maybe being an ornithologist is over rated...
these birds are nice and quiet...and no poop anywhere! ;}







at this point...i am lamenting my lack of a tripod...
once again!
please, keep reminding me that i MUST get one!






i have NO wall surface that gets any sort of decent light
by which i can take a passable picture!






so, these shots will have to suffice...until i get a tripod!
remember...
you are supposed to be reminding me!






i just popped that flock onto that wire with a bit of hot glue...
and bob's your uncle! voila!
there's always a cheap and easy way to make a copy of a
pretty you admire...it may not be perfect...but perfection
is highly over rated! ;}
just give it a go...you never know, you just might like your
version a whole lot better...or it may be complete trash! ;}
never know until you try!!!! {obviously the ornithology
would be a better choice than a career in motivational speaking?
there's a reason that no one calls me "the tony robbins of crafting"! ;}

Brag Monday @ The Graphics Fairy
Met Monday @ BNOTP
Project Parade @ The DIY Showoff
Tuesday's Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm Cottage
Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors



37 comments:

  1. ooh! the tony robbins of crafting! i like it, i like it! beautiful job! although tony's "banana hands" probably couldn't tackle such detail work ...

    you rock, marty stew!

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...LOVE this ~ even the wonky wire wreath, it looks like your flock has spun a silver wire nest!!

    xo, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. this is your reminder ~ GET A TRIPOD!
    (although personally, i like your photo's just the way they are)

    ReplyDelete
  4. REALLY CUTE! Love your version of birds-on-a-wire....now if you could only do birds-on-a-wire-on-tripod...well, just think how wonderful THAT would be! Just sayin'.............BTW-Don't forget to get a tripod...oh..wait...why don't you MAKE yourself a tripod cuz you know how you are! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that perfection is over rated - but your wreath looks perfect to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually thought you had some kind of Birdie cutter!! they are lovely! great use of glitter! and graphics fairy..isn't it great?
    Try a hardware store for the wire...
    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that perfection is overrated too and your birds on a wire look fantastic. I've got a spare tripod if you want to come and get it :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it!!! So clever..love all the glitter!!

    Get a tripod!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh - how i love this! i definatly am going to try something like this! what a fabulous idea!!!! thank you for the inspiration - i hope it's okay if i share this on my fb page?
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love your sparkling sweetie tweeties! Such a creative idea!!
    Blessings,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. TRIPOD!!!
    The birdie wreath sure turned out perfectly charming.
    TRIPOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you know you have the best (and most entertaining tutes in blogland???) Of course you did!!! And you even make me think I can actually pull this off. I am loving this wreath and want to make one soon.

    yoohoo! TRIPOD!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pure joy my friend...these would be so lovely for Christmas! xoxxox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glitter and birds. Doesn't get any better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oohh, love all the glitter! Your sweet birdies on a wire is wonderful and even better - free! Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi M!

    Gorgeous! I love that whole idea, the birds and graphics look beautiful!! Thanks for the idea!

    I sent you back an email about the info you asked me on the dollhouse stuff, but I hit "reply" to your email that came through on my phone, so I hope it worked! If you didn't get it let me know and I'll send again or here!

    Hugs, Cyn xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was just thinking that I didn't remember you glittering lately, and there you go!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I now have Leonard Cohen in my head singing, "Like a bird on a wire, like a drunk in a midnight choir..."
    I hold you responsible! :)
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello,

    Fabulous wreath! Did you use glass glitter?


    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tony Robbins of crafting...good one.
    Once again your DIY version is charming and your blog post hilarious.
    Keep it coming...winter is fast approaching and I need some serious pretty craft inspirations to keep the winter blues away.
    Cheers,
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello! I was just reading your older posts. I have to say I love the pictures and I enjoyed reading your blog. You are so creative.

    Keep Inspiring ;)

    Myric

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hellllooooo! GET A TRIPOD!
    Love your little wreath! So cute! And love that you always give me a giggle! karen...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, goodness - I love your birdies :O) They are adorable. You're always so creative and unique.

    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just when a girly thinks that she's seen every single blog that could possibly be....she runs into something spectacular like this! Wow! (and, I mean it's not like you're a tiny mouse, either - eesh! Where have I been?)

    Well, I've had a wonderful flick through and look forward to coming back and reading more - inspirational on a 'real' level - that's what I'd call all of this! ;)

    The tripod can drive a person crazy BUT gives you time and space to tweak to your hearts delight and, then, voila - in one clear go - you've got a good pic or two - even in that low light! =]

    oh, and, btw, I found you through Carolyn's blog (Aiken House) but I see that we have another lovely friend in common - Elyse, from 'Cottage'!

    Looking forward...

    Katy Noelle

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovley Job......
    and do not miss.....

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    WELCOME :)
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've often thought of trying my own version too. Those wreaths are pretty pricey!

    xx
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am sooooo making one of these.......LOVE it! Great job, by the way!

    Warm blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  28. So lovely! You're banner photos have me intrigued. I'm your newest follower, now I have to go find all of those pretty projects in your archives~

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the birds.... I can see many holiday ideas for this project... now you've got the creating juices flowing! GET A TRIPOD. (I have the same problem with wall surfaces and lighting! no tripod here either.)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Okay, Get a Tripod! Lol. But I seriously think it's amazing on its own. Loved your birds and adding to you my reads.

    Love
    Roy XX

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow I just love it!! thank you for the wonderful tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  32. so cute! I am attempting to make ornaments like these - round one didn't go so well (but I was using metal sheeting) Love the ones with the Graphics Fairy images. Fun project, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. LUV the glittery birds! What a fun project! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love these. They turned out wonderful.
    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}