October 31, 2011

All Keyed Up...



yep, just what you have all been waiting for...key tags!
no?
you haven't?
you were waiting for the life-size Breaking Dawn mural
i was going to paint on my living room wall? yah, well,
i ran out of candy corn...and without "fuel food" that
project will just have to wait...so tags it is ;}

when i saw these...i knew i'd need to be a copy-cat and
make them with my own "found" objects...meaning i
found it when i was rummaging for something else...
so i thought i might as well make use of it! ;}





off to a good start thankx to The Graphics Fairy and some old
tags i've had since about the time MacArthur boarded the Missouri!





what is the creative process without a touch of four-legged anarchy!?




my first foray into straying from the original was the keys...
i do have some old fashioned ones, but they are decorative
and made of iron and consequently very heavy...they would have
needed to be mounted to a tag that had been reinforced with rebar!
and gol darnie, i am fresh out! ;} so, i went with the mid century
smaller version.{i just wanted to say "mid century"...like i meant
it...but i really don't... ;}





paper was glue-sticked to tags...
then the rummaging began!
on the one hand i need all my junk all around me when i
am "creating" for inspiration...but on the other hand, it
can be distracting! so many ideas at once...taming them
can be exhausting...and require a ding dong or two!

so, i snipped, and tied and glued and chopped until i had...



these.




i think simplicity was the key to the originals...
i have a hard time with simplicity...although it does
have its place...it's a little boring. ;}





a scrap of my fab script material...





a bit of burlap and a tiny sand dollar...




a smidge of cork...




but other than that...they are exactly like the originals!
and i found them to be delightfully photogenic!

now go forth and copy...with things that should have been trash...
and your own little twist! ;}


Met Monday @ BNOTP
Project Parade @ DIY Showoff
Mosaic Monday @ The Dear Little Red House
Brag Monday @ The Graphics Fairy
Tuesday's Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm Cottage
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage
Hooking Up @ HOH
Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here
Weekend Wrap Up @ Tattertots & Jello
Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

PIN IT
TWEET IT
FACEBOOK





it's key! as someone who used to live by the preppy handbook...
i just had to throw that in there!!! ;}

28 comments:

  1. Dast I say I like them better than the orginials? hmmmm...Guess I just did! They are perfect and I love the adornments you added to make them your own~ And now we can all copy YOU!;>) works for me...xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the originals in their subduedness. But yours are fabulous because they incorporate so much good stuff and are your original.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the vintage look of these tags.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, fabulous job. I like yours better, just enough upscale to make them gorgeous. Have a wonderful week:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your keys! They do make some flat back ones that would probably work perfectly on them! I found a set at Michaels or was it AC Moore?????

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness soooo stinkin' cute !!
    I LOVE them !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, what a wonderful art piece! The old keys are really special, thanks for sharing, Laura - Cottage and Broome

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them! I don't think ornate keys have to be used all the time. In fact, when we were moving, we found a bunch of keys we had no idea what they were for, I threw them in a container from my craft table. Still haven't set up my craft room yet, but I'm hoping to use them for some little project or other.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your version best - beautiful gifts they'd make.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are just beautiful!
    And yep, four legged anarchy definitely fuels the creative process around here, too. ;-)

    XOXO,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning work, fun story you weave with it LOL.
    I am always on the lookout for skeleton keys.
    I do have a couple in the china cabinet.
    Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found your site from the Graphics Fairy link - and I DO so MucH love your key tags more than the so called "originals"! Thanks for the inspiration. I have many mid-century keys laying about that are calling out to be prettied up, so I thank you for the help. I also have to say I love the music!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love what you've done. So layered, textured and evocative. You do such wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, Oh what a beautiful post, I love them. Have a wonderful day and thanks for sharing. You are so creative! Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful. You are so good at this.

    Hugs from here

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply stunning! (via The Graphics Fairy)

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are simply gorgeous...and fun too!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are just too sweet for words!!! I'm really crushing on the burlap heart one!! LOVE them all!

    Hope you had a Happy Halloween and didn't get into toooo much trouble!! :0)

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hand on heart, I prefer your tags, I like it that yours are busier and use such charming backgrounds and teeny embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG! These are so amazing. I love both the simple tags and yours equally!! I have this little "thing" for tags and keys so I'm totally in love with this project. Well done.

    Beach Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very very pretty! I do a similar thing with keys and tags, only much simpler, I just tie the old key to my tag. I love this for when I have time to craft, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad I saw these (via tatertots and jello), your tags are fantastic!

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  23. They look lovely. Love the piece of cork. I'm having a giveaway over at DIY Home Sweet Home. Would love you to stop by and check it out.
    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/2011/11/giveaway-shabby-apple-dress.html

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}