August 21, 2011

Leftovers, Scraps & Nonsense...

i had this great idea...a brainstorm as it were...but my dumb and
lame printer ran out of ink. of course, that is actually my fault
as my printer cannot replace its own cartridges...so much for
the 21st century!




so, i got to thinking...sheesh! if i didn't print up so many things and
then merely use of smidge of them...i might still have some dadblame
ink left!




and that's when it happened...i got all "green" and birkenstocky {but
always with shaved armpits! i do have my limits! ;} and decided there
must be something i can make from all those srcaps on my floor...
{you think i jest...they really are on my floor...one day i'll show you a
picture, but i'll warn you first so you can administer your Xanax drip! ;}





and as you see..i made itty bitty widdle butterflies...
with tiny seashell tummies...
just what this world needs!





and attached them to clothes pins for pinning...





and peat post 'cuz i'm potty! {once again, using the British definition here! ;}

{how do we feel about the starfish "lashed" to the pot?
seemed like a good idea...bit then it kinda seemed like
something the Spartans would have done to Starfishicus
Maximus...creepy or cutie...you decide! ;}


AND WHILE YOUR WHEELS ARE SPINNING OVER THAT ONE...
WE EVER SO GRACIOUSLY INVITE YOU TO JOIN IN OUR
SUMMERY GIVE AWAY !!! Just click HERE to check it out!!





How To's Day @ The Lettered Cottage
Sat Night Special @ FJ Interiors
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage
Show & Tell @ Blue Cricket Design
T & T Tuesday @ Home Stories
Brag Monday @ The Graphics Fairy
Met Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Showing off @ The DIY Showoff
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative

18 comments:

  1. These are fabulous! You amaze me with your creativity.

    Jane
    frugalfineliving.com
    Join us on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I love how cute the clips are now, and to think that they were inspired by the scraps on the floor. :) Very nice!

    Visiting from Met Monday. Have a great week!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes wouldn't be great if those printers could replenish their own ink? I like what you have made -- very creative! Makes me think of other ideas ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would luv to have an ink cart that doesn't dry...

    I will be honored if you will share it with our readers in our linking party at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/08/11-million-visitors-with-new-london-eye.html
    Thank you,
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are fabulous what a great idea i also love your blod header xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Sometimes I save the small scraps of a favorite paper. I'm still waiting to use them! But you know as soon as I would throw them out, I would be able to use them for some project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute i could never do anythink like that,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another Adorable Craft from the Couch?? Too darn cute!

    Huggs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. just headed over to Paulette's! merci! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. green is so IN - I think these butterflies are super sweet - and they sure make pinning up your photos look extra special. thanks for sharing.

    if you have a chance please stop by and visit me when you get a chance.

    tina
    mommy scraps alot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your butterfly clips are awesome.

    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful!!! You've inspired me to make some of those cute pins!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of that effort by you, and what caught my eye? The Caymus cork! Love that stuff!! Cute craft, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these! Your butterflies are beautiful little accent pieces that could be used in so many ways. Well done!

    I just found your site through a blog party and am happy to be a new follower. I would love for you to link your post up at my Savvy HomeMade blog party at

    http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/blog-party-4

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with Jane above. How do you come up with all these great projects??? If we could just clone your brain, we could sell them on Etsy and make millions!
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG - butterflies and seashells...is there anything finer? WOW - love 'em!!

    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}