August 7, 2011

La Cage Aux Faux...





I do love a birdcage...




any size...




any color...



so, when i saw the cutest little birdcage tutorial on Pinterest...
i knew i would have no choice but to give it a whirl! and since
my "whirls" are always spur of the moment and by the seat
of my pants...naturally, i didn't have all the necessary materials.









but i was a girls scout for corn sake! so, i made due!!!
i needed a piece of cute paper...sheesh...have that!
and a lightweight plastic lid...



unfortunately, the ONLY lid of that type that i had {haven't
been shopping in a while!} was this cottage cheese lid...but
it was just toooooo big!




so, i scrounged and scrounged...and scrounged...eyed my butter tub...
then thought better of it...and had to settle upon these water bottle
lids. i know, huh! from one extreme to the other! working on this
lilliputian scale was going to make this "kids" project a bit more
challenging...but i knew that with a nice big spoonful of marsh-
mallow fluff, i could tackle just about anything!




4 strips of paper...i measured nothing...i loathe measuring!




and last but not least...a pretty bird...this guy was a little too
big, but i was working with what i had...pioneer spirit and all
that!




and this tiny little trinket is what i ended up with.
{sorry, i forgot to take a picture with a quarter next to it
so you could see just how little it it...but i think you get the
idea! ;}




i decided on a different vintage punched paper for the base
that was more in keeping with the look i had going...




i can see these little guys as package tie-ons...or covering a
feather tree for Christmas!










i happened upon a larger {not by much} lid whilest cleaning
my fridge so i gave it another go...this time using a vintage
map fromThe Graphics Fairy as my base paper...




note to self...sunny delight lids are too gawdawfully bright to be used
for anything...unless they are painted first! ACK!!!



How To's Day @ The Lettered Cottage
Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm Cottage
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage
Met Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Mosaic Monday @ The Little Red House
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
Brag Monday @ The Graphics Fairy





31 comments:

  1. oh that is too cute! I could see a little dryed moss in the bottom or shredded paper!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You clever girl !
    Those are some sweet caged birds!
    Thanks for sharing the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute and creative!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - you are something. I have to go back and look at this again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bird cage with the map base. You were very clever about making do with what you had. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are SO sweet, M! I'm going to make some for packages...or Christmas tree ornaments.

    xo,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh so cute!!

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a birdcage junkie as well! I love this little project. I'm a teacher and could see doing this with my class. Thank you ever so much for sharing. I'll be following you and your wonderful ideas.
    Patti
    If you get a chance come by and check out my birdcages, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How sweet! I was wondering how you get a birdcage out of those supplies. Very clever! The first little ones would be cute for a wedding or shower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job, dear M! I can see these little cages hanging from a line garland style! I think up lots of garland ideas and never make them. Yeah, I'm creative like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Splendid bird cages. I think I'll make a couple of them. The possibilities are endless or nearly so.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my! How adorable! I love birds and bird cages and your mini is just wonderful! Have a delightful and fun filled week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh,I absolutely LOVE THEM!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You amaze me! Resourceful indeed! I am loving birds and birdcages as well this summer - a happy little phase I'm going through. Thank you for sharing this delightful project!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! Isn't it amazing what we can"dig up" when in dire need? And I truly think you petite bird cage turned out even prettier this way - no planning, no fuss, just going with the flow! I'll have to try make one (or two) myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look at how creative you are:) They are adorable!
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sweet! I love birdcages too!

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun post. I love birdcages, as well. You did a great job with the tutorial from Pinterest. Isn't that a fun place?
    Fondly,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww how cute. That is so sweet! Maybe put a bit of moss on the bottom?
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are always so clever. I still adore your fresh and beautiful blog xx Ava

    ReplyDelete
  21. You never cease to amaze me.
    Fabulous!!!!
    Smiles~
    C

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your little adorable birdcage, I love your sand dollars too!! Everything is so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This came out so cute. I love how you put it in the pink frame.
    Eileen @ CBH

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very cute. Thankfully it's not a real bird. haha

    ReplyDelete
  25. I adore birdcages too, that's a gorgeous little project you completed!
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh, love love it! i collect (sort of) little birdcages too, and those are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  27. HI TIFF !!!!!!!!!!!YOUR PINK FRAME AND THE BIRD CAGE ARE VERY , VERY VINTAGE !!!!!!!!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL BOTH OF THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!KISSES FROM GREECE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So cute .I love bird cages too all over. Your humor cracks me upI have been heeing all through your blogs.We need more of that in our life. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Preciosos y muy originales me encanta.
    Si lo deseas te invito a visitar mi blog.
    Saludos. Manoli

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}