July 6, 2011

Hope & Spite {A Confession}



Well, since I had one or two or twenty comments and emails
asking about the Cath Kidston-esque plates I used as props
in a recent post...



I thought I'd better come clean, as they say.




I bought mine at TJ MAXX several months ago and they have all
been snapped up by now surely...




But I just happen to know that there are many, many, many still
available form a tiny little shop called REPLACEMENTS LTD ...




maybe you've heard of it? ;}



LOVE THEM!



Their shipping is so reasonable it should be a crime!



Sssshhhhhhhh! Maybe it is...let's keep it on the down low!




So, pop on over there and have some fun...just looking, if nothing else.
And is it wrong that I was filled with HOPE by those of you who have
forgotten that I shared all this with you before? Is it SPITEFUL of me
to feel comforted in the knowledge that I am NOT the only one who
cannot remember things from one day to the next...ok, one HOUR to
the next!
I feel an odd peace...

Now, what was I just saying?

;}


14 comments:

  1. I love those sweet dishes too! Shoot! I guess I missed them!
    Be a sweetie and keep on sparkling!
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG That first spotty cake stand...jaw hitting the floor moment right i am off to have a look...thanks for sharing ;-))) dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour!
    Very beautiful blog. Such lovely photos too!
    Looking forward to your future posts.
    Check us out! http://www.etsy.com/shop/chezjolly
    Talk to you soon..

    -Jessic a& Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are wonderful. AND you can order direct from Cath Kidston..but not at TJMaxx prices! Love those dishes! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great plates...and my favorite colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA HA! I got the Teapot and 4 mugs! I'm so glad I did! :) I just love them.

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Shipping Crimes Of The Dish Enablers" :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought a set of these dinner plates and bowls at Marshall's but I decided to try to find a coordinating, mix/match salad. A Teapot, on the other hand, might be just the thing. It is such an essential item.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanted some Cath Kidston fabric for this weekend. I could only get it if it was shipped from England :(. I'm "making do" with the fabric I have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, these are gorgeous. My favorites colors. I'm a red and aqua fanatic. CKidston...what's not to like, right.

    Hope you can make it to our White Christmas in July Blog Party. I am positive you'd have something WONDERFUL to share.

    Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. yep, i remember the collective GASP heard 'round blogland when a bunch of us discovered that stuff at tj maxx and homegoods. i think the brand should be re-named by us. some ideas: kitsch cathston? kate catwold? kurt cameron?

    now, what were we talking about?

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don't you just love TJ Maxx!??! Thanks for sharing...I'm off to take a peek!

    Waving from Our Back Porch,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the thrill of the hunt!!! Got 6 red plates, the ones behind the birdies in hats, and a two tiered serving thing and I was content!!!! Then.............Navy Seal team 6 ( you DO see the connection?) burst into my sitting room and forced my index finger to punch one click for a full set of service for four New Country, they mentioned fighting terrorism, what was I to do??? Think my husband will buy that??

    Trivia question? Who came first, C. Kidston or 222 5th? So similar. Must go talk to family and convince them that food is highly overrated!!! Thanks, I think, for the Replacements Ltd. tip, somehow I thought it was only for vintage china. Go Navy!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}