July 4, 2011

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!


I never know what to say on days like these...it always rings hallow.
We have so much.
We are so blessed.
And the "cost" for the majority of us is minimal.
And although it's not Memorial Day or Veteran's Day...on this day more
than any other...we should have our soldiers in the forefront of our
minds! From The Revolution on, we have depended on them to defend
and protect us...and they have never faltered.
THEY have sacrificed and PAID for our freedom.
God bless our soldiers AND their families!
There would be no US without YOU!

{If you want a good cry...a good HAPPY cry...pop over to
SUSAN BRANCH'S blog...the little girl on Santa's lap will
put it all into perspective! ;}


13 comments:

  1. Happy 4th to you and your family..have a great day

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post and well said.

    enjoy your independence day!

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post- I agree- I wrote a bit of prose to post today about freedom not really being free...God bless you this 4th! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great video.....it worked I cried thru the whole thing! but like you said it was happy tears.

    Happy 4th!!!!

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your post. You said it so true. I also loved your header. Your birdies are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Freedom isn't free- and you are right- most of us have not had to suffer for the cause. We mustn't forget those who have--
    Love this wonderful post--
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this slogan! Enjoy independence day, hughs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice post! I also popped over to Susan's blog and that video made me cry the first time I saw it! Happy 4th of July!

    xo katie elizabeth
    ohheyylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and Happy 4th to you! P.S. I LOVE the birdies on your older post(s)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Independence Day! Wonderful post and reminder to everyone that it's not just about fireworks and bar-b-ques!

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 4th of July and I agree we should all remember the boys who fight for our freedom day in and day out ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post...you are right about our freedom...it does come with a price.

    Love the little birds in the previous post...and the party hats!! <]:0)*

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will personally catch any birds of your choice (lots of bird feeders around here) spray them white and have them hand delivered if you will sell me those gorgeous ersatz C. Kidston plates!!!!

    Would that be un Etsy ethical?? I LOVE those plates!!!!

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}