June 1, 2011

Cheap & Easy...

Now come on! Nothing unsavory going on here!
Cheap and easy and, uh, lazy...is what's coming your way...
So LOOK OUT!

I have sort of lost track of my chapters in The Lazy Girl's Guide To
Crafting From Your Couch because they don't really go in numerical
order...that would have required a lot of notation and that kind of thing...
and honestly, it made me tired just thinking about it! So, I think this
will be chapter 601...or 602...hmmmm....

Anyway...this cute little straw purse was in those $1 bins that Target
lures you with right as you walk into the store...and just like in those
old cartoons where the tempting smell of a drumstick wafts towards
someone and goes right up their nose and proceeds to draaaaagggg
them away...that was me...helpless to resist! It was actually $2.50...
but I was so happy with my $1 bag of Buggles, that I didn't really care...
I had plans for this little beauty! Muuuuuuuuwaaaahhhhhhh!!!




My plans included this pre-made spool of ruffle that I bought on clearance
{that's a given by now, right??!! ;} at Walmart, four score and twenty years
ago {sorry, a little American humor there...}. I had no idea what I was going
do with it, I just knew that, since I can't sew, if I ever planned to "ruffle"
anything, I'd surely need an already ruffled ruffle! {I cannot remember
where my keys are from one day to the next, so how I remembered that I
even had this stuff is nothing short of a Lazy Girl miracle {the Lifetime movie
is already in production! ;}




I must admit that upon unfurling, I was a bit taken aback by this frayed
and loosy-goosy edge...I know that I don't now, nor have I ever, had the
kind of patience required to fold it over, iron it flat, pin it...eyes crossing...
hair being pulled out...one hand on the wine bottle...when I had an
epiphany...


{cue "Hallelujah Chorus"! }



{like that thought never crossed your minds before???
"She has GOT to be on something!" ;}

With glue in hand and the decision made that the frayed edge would
stay frayed because it's really cool and trendy {READ: and I have no
idea what else to do with it!!}
The plan was in motion!




Liberal layer of glue applied...
Open window, clothespin or gas mask recommended...PU!





YES! I actually had a box of pins!! Because you know I'm just going to pin
something before I would ever resort to hunting for a needle and thread!!






And 50 pins later...I was off and running!!!






Oh, for Pete's sake! Were did she come from??!
{She's feeling really needy since I put Lorenzo Llamas' name before hers
in my last post! She was all, "Were Keira Knightly or Colin Firth in his
movies?? That's right! He doesn't have any movies!" I have no doubt
she lived in a home with lead paint!}






Apparently, I'm not the only one who loves glue! I told her to back away
but she just took the cap right out of my hand! Cheeky!





Now this is just THE last straw!
I threatened to read Pride and Prejudice and the Zombies to her if she
didn't straighten up and fly right!






Voila!
What I am most proud of is that although I must have skewered myself
500 times...no blood stains! Now that is attention to detail! ;}






Jane is digging it and yet she feels it is in want of something...
something...hmmmm....

Stash of vintage millinery to the rescue!





A white rose and starfish...





Pink and rhinestones...






Taupe and burlap...






Peach and pearls...






Perky, preppy green and polka dots!
Jane said she liked this one best...
where did she...
Hey! Where's the glue???!!!!
Gotta go!

How To's Day @ The Lettered Cottage
Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Show & Tell @ Be Different Act Normal
Air Your Laundry @ Freckled Laundry

33 comments:

  1. I LUV!!!! the pearls and peach. But the perky peppy green matches Jane's ensemble. It has to be the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously love your blog. I had no idea it was hysterically funny or I would have been here long before!!! I also love your pictures and what you create, all laughs aside.
    Thanks for a fun hour!
    Fondly,
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post, you really made me laugh :).

    You and Jane did a great job on the bag, I so wish we had a Target, I would buy up all the Shabby Chic linen and grap that bag :).. my favourites were the last two x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your posts are always so much fun to read. Especially when Jane is helping you! LOL

    LOVE, LOVE the cute bag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! (and your sense of fun) I like the green one best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea!! I love how you changed the look several times just by embellishing with different items and colors.. I gotta get me one of those bags!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it...both the tote & crazy Jane! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking little BAG there! I kinda liked the peach and pearls too but then you can bet your bottom dollar (if you have one) that I am NOT going to argue with the Iron Clad Maiden about color/accessory choices..uh-uhnh-no way.

    Hope you day is wonderful! Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Toga! Toga! Toga???????? You are totally crackers and I just adore you,lol. Your posts always have me in hysterics ( wiping away tears of laughter......... )

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW.. how cute is that... what a great job... I will have to dido Suz, I do love your blog...Have a good day

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! And that WAS quick and easy! Love it! I'm gonna have to go with peach and pearls, but that's just me, LOL. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heee-heee-hee! Cheap and easy! well, I don't dare disagree with Jane. I'm afraid of that lady! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I think Jane likes peach and pearls! Love your sense of humor!
    XXXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome bag idea! And what kills me is I actually looked at those and thought...I might be able to make that cute....and decided not to get one! LOL! Figures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jane's so right! perky peppy grenn with polka dots - perfect...
    could you please send this bag to germany? just kidding...;)
    wish you a nice week end, Mira

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you find the glue! Probably still with Jane at the toga party. The bag is great! Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too cute! I haven't been to Target in a while, but they do have some cute $1 stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I love it!!! I want to make one now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an idea! Love the bag! It came out beautiful:)

    Sanghamitra.
    RAINBOW-The Colours of India

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm totally diggin' this idea! How cute! Great blog you have here...I'm a new follower and am looking forward to reading future posts from Tales from and OC Cottage"

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello,

    What a fabulous project!


    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMJane!!! You are dangerous!!! I spit coffee in my keyboard over Jane BFF, and had leak probs in nether parts over the gingerbread house frenzy!!!!
    You are far beyond funny, you are a literate wit of the first order!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely stunning. You have an amazing way with crafty details. I love my visits to your blog.Hugs and Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the peach and pearls one the very best although they are all adorable! You used a ton of pins....where was kitty while you and Jane were having so much voodoo fun?!?

    For a minute I thought this post was about me. I may be easy, but hubby can sadly attest to the fact that I ain't cheap!!

    Big PS Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my I love them all! Maybe love the one with the pearls the most- or maybe the starfish- can't chooses! A wonderful crafty post- thanks so much! That Jane is sure briggidy!!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is just about the cutest post I've seen today! :) I love that you made it convertible. :) A bag a day!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ok.... I know that I just posted a comment about the sweet (and Funny) bag... But I just watched the "Herding Cats" commercial...

    CRACKED ME UP! :) I just had to share that with you!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, what a great post. Love it, and also the bag.

    Hugs from here

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, You've done wonders with that bag. Loved the green trim ! Hi :) I love your blog and your gorgeous photographs. I'm now your newest follower from Australia xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, this looks lovely. I am hosting a photobook giveaway on my blog. Would love for you to stop by. Have a great week. Anu

    ReplyDelete
  31. Okay. You make me snort every time I read a post. In this case it was, "Toga! Toga! Toga!" Ha! Seriously, I want what your drinking or eating. hehe Cutest bag! Thanks for linking with Air Your Laundry Friday! ~Jami

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}