May 22, 2011

Going Potty!



{SIDEBAR} OK...I am obviously using the British definition of "potty"...
you know...nutty, addlepated...NOT the American version!
Can you have a "sidebar" before you have even started? If not,please
don't rat me out to Judge Ito! ;}




So, I don't know if you now this about me...but I have a lot of terra cotta
pots...I can't resist them! They are my kind of blank canvas! To paint,
to glitter, to decoupage...whatever is floating my boat on any given day!
I really can't even remember when I bought these little pots...and I don't
know what made me think about them today...possibly my synapses were
awakened by the Hotpocket brain food I had for breakfast?




Or perhaps it's because a whole new world has opened up to me since
I figured out {with A LOT of help} my printer...it only took me 2 years...
have I mentioned that I am lazy? Yah...the kinda lazy that takes 2 years
to get motivated...that's lazy! I suppose then, that this must be included
as chapter 57 of The Lazy Girl's Guide To Crafting From Your Couch...
"Two Years In The Making...And Mount Rushmore It Ain't!"





So, first I lazily sort of whitewashed the pots...
this means that the bowl I poured the paint into...because the hole was
plugged up with old paint...had a bit of water in it so, my paint was
fortuitously transformed into "whitewash"...and you know, I figured what the
heck, let's go with it! Sometimes I get all Zen like that!
Then I covered the rim with a copy of an old document {copiers are like
magic! ;}
And let me tell you...this was not as easy as it sounds! You cannot just cut
a band of something an expect it to travel nicely around the circumference
of any given object!
No worky!
Now I am not up on the geometrical physics of all this...but it takes a bit
of planning and a fair amount of thought...which, depending on the day,
might also necessitate Ibuprofen!



But, even I was able to get a handle on it...ok, yah, after the Ibuprofen! Don't
judge! It's not like it was a shot of Grey Goose or anything!
And next, because I told you that I would...and I may be lazy, but I'm not a liar...
I used more of my spendy-burlap-scripty stuff!




{A bona fide LAZY GIRL craft!}




You could actually use these for plant life...you would only need to seal
the inside...but since I have a "black thumb" that is out of the realm of
reality for me!




I am recommending...for myself...that I use them for tchotckes only!
{I have much better luck with non-living things!}





Think pens, pencils & protractor for your desk...ok, exnay the protractor,
but you get the idea!
Q-tips in el baƱo...
Teaspoons in the kitchen...
Chopsticks...
Straws...
Lollipops...
ok, I'm out...


We'd be ever so pleased if you'd join in our
COTTAGE CHARM GIVE AWAY


COTTAGE CHARM PART DEUX

How To's Day @ The Lettered Cottage
Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Air Your Laundry @ Freckled Laundry
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm Cottage





28 comments:

  1. good girl, going potty!

    very very pretty. as a fellow black-thumber i have taken to ... um, how shall i say this? ... buying faux flowers here and there. not all the time but you know ... sometimes.

    now you can have a sticker on your chart.

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love them!!
    You are so cute!
    Thank you for sharing them with us ~

    xoxo
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a real wiz w/ those terra cotta pots and you make it seem so easy! Love your blog be back soon. Blessings, L

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that looks so fabulous, and dare I say it... easy..ish!! And very very pretty! I shall have to try these, as I have a bit of a fetish for terracotta pots too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just what I need! A lazy girl potty project! LOL!
    I love these and they look absolutely delish. I just might have to get out my stash and start making something.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. I really like them and you are so talented! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow you are potty~ LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pots ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love these! I am definitely making some of these for my desk. And as a teacher...what a great gift for my parent helpers! Thank you so much, Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You make so many pretty things. Love the pots and the decor.

    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Love the look with the burlap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are precious. I always have a time covering a round edge...what is the trick?

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. ;-))) you always make me smile your like a tonic ;-)) Love your latest creation its great, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love, love! great post -jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! I love the burlap and the paper. I know exactly what you mean about covering a round area. It is not as easy as it looks! I have gotten frustrated on many occasions and just push the project away. Did you say that burlap came preprinted? I'm going to have to backtrack through your posts and see.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did a fantastic job with those potties! Absolutely love them!
    XXXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great idea - thanks for sharing. Perhaps, just maybe, no promises....but this is something that I just might be able to manage!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great idea!

    Have I ever mentioned how fun your blog is...not only are your ideas great...but you are just fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Think-Tampons in wrappers (kinda like lollipops) or peppermint sticks (oh wait-Christmas is over)..so many uses- so little time for me to make one to use! I love them though- Especially the white washing- you sure that was water and not vodka floating around in there? just asking...cuz you were talking kinda potty (mouth) there- xxoo Diana ps...They are all darling!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful project! The star fish is too cute, and the pot turned out great, I too think it would make a wonderful pen holder for a shabby chic desk, or coastal decor.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just adore your pots, how very clever and so unique!!! Fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's gorgeous! You have a lovely blog here :)

    Love and luck!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Now how clever is that! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the pots- love the flowers- and this is what you do when you are bored?!! You are so so crafty- every photo is a dream! You make terra cotta magical!
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  24. You never cease to amaze me with your creativity - these look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Girl~ ~Love your pots and your title. When I saw it I thought, OK another story about someones grandkids, I'll go have a look. Too funny. So you know where my mind was, right?

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}