May 7, 2011

{Confessions Of A Metalhead!}



I have to admit that I was somewhat surprised when I saw that sweet little
innocent Jami was having Metal Saturday ...ok, maybe shocked is more like it! With visions of Metallica and Iron Maiden jamming in my head,
I read on a bit more and...oh, silly me...wrong metal! ;}

I was galvanized into action...
{I'm sorry...I just had to say if...I am weak... ;}



I do now confess to the things I have willingly and freely,
without fear of bodily harm and under no duress, done to metal...
like to little creamer above...now white.



And this old teapot...all patinalicious....




PINK! I can't ask for forgiveness...because I do it again in a heartbeat! ;}



And these metal planters from I-I-I- Ikea!
Never even noticed if they had plain silver, once the pink was in sight!
{Do I need to be reprogrammed?!}




But, the silvery, metaly thing is there...has always been there...
lurking...which I think is why I am compelled to take nice, simple,
plain objects like this once-bisque eggcup...and glitter it all up in
silver!




Or encourage my sister to buy this table...
I didn't even know who I was that night...I mean, what was I saying?
Buy a table that's not white...or at least pastel?
Had I just popped out of a metal pod?




And why did I buy these galvanized pots? Like I am gonna grow anything?
NOT! I am in no way a giver of life...not even to plants...they die when they
see me...I am the Stalin of gardeners! But they were too cute to resist...they
can hold stuff...I LOVE things that hold stuff...I do tend to have A LOT of
stuff!




And this crate/bottle holder thing...while it is cute...the real reason I wanted
it was because of the handles {follow the arrow}. They remind me of the
handles on an old milk jug we had growing up...that we used for seating...
{there were a lot of us!}




And then came the chicken wire basket...and, yes, I do still fight the
urge to paint it white...but I have resisted, thus far.
One day at a time, as they say...one day at a time! ;}


Please be sure to stop by Jami's today for some head bangin' metalicious fun!


freckled laundry

We'd be ever so pleased if you'd join in our
COTTAGE CHARM GIVE AWAY



27 comments:

  1. I never once thought of painting a silver pot...but that's a grand idea! I love all things metal in my home too...the contrast is what I like the most...I tend to paint anything galvanized myself...even if it's just to add a few polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is so pretty. I like to leave things galvanized but I am not fond of rusted silver and I don't want to polish it so your pink teapot is darn cute! I mostly love your new blog banner because I have not been here in a while...love the roses

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a happy day to see what you are up to! LOVED the newpaper flower post and your little llama doesn't look that happy with it's pretty necklace!
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pink teapot and the glitzed out, glittered up eggcup! Too cute! ~Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  5. you always have the most wonderful ideas!
    ox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my I do love your silver pot painted pink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello~it was such a pleasure catching up with you.
    I always enjoy seeing what you've got to share. You are my favorite addiction.
    I must admit... "heavy metal" caught my attention.
    I've been tempted many times to paint over a few galvanized pails.
    Now that I've seen your pretty in pink revel, I'll give it a go.

    I hope your weekend is filled with a splendid surprise.
    Sweet wishes,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh girl, you sure know how to pretty up the metal! I love painting old silver pieces too, they always turn out so pretty. Love the pink silver pot.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pink! Love the white too, but the pink is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOU CRACK ME UP!!! The pink silver pot is oh. so. awesome!
    I have been CRAZY with my can of pink spray paint this week! As a matter of fact... I bought a new can at home depot tonight!!!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did it again.....made me smile!!! hugs...cleo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that pink teapot! Beautiful. I want to wish you a Happy Mother's Day. ~Have a wonderful day~ Blessings Always

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dearest M,

    Lovely things and certainly you don't require being re-programmed! Stay the way you are.

    Have a Happy Mother's Day.

    Lots of love,

    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  14. i am in the process of buying a lamp table and that metal one is the EXACT same time i'm choosing between.. and one that's similar but glass.

    can't decide!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The pink teapot is darling, I can see it filed with peonies for a beautiful spring table. Lots of cute metals in your home. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love that pink tea pot. I would have painted it too~ ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I Love the Pink Tea Pot.... Never thought of painting something like that.... Great Post

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post.... I loved the pink teapot.... And, what a grand idea for the little egg cup. I'll be copying that!

    Huggies,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love that silver glitter egg cup that makes my little heart sing which girl doesn't like glitter and sparkle ;-)) Have a lovely weekend, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Um can you please come and decorate my house?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ha your blog title made me laugh xxx
    wonderful pink pot and a fabulous set of gorgeous pictures you have certainly brightened my day xxxx
    Lynn xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hihi "wrong metal...", you're cute :)
    I've never seen metal looking so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  23. we're not gonna take it
    oh no, we're not gonna take it
    oh we're not gonna take it, anymore!

    somehow that song popped into my mind as i read your pretty post.

    bang your head

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  24. Everything looks great, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. love this. so happy I found your blog. I'm a new follower, I hope you will as well. I started my blog 2 months ago. It's all about celebrity fashion from the point of view of an LA stylist. I moved to cali last year after graduating back in the south and I can't get enough of your blog. Would love if you could stop by to see multiple post a day on all the latest celebrity fashion news. Would love your support. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. That pink tea pot is the show stealer for sure! It's gorgeous! No apologies necessary - you did good! Love all the "metal" photos - "wrong metal" - ha ha - you made me laugh out loud!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}