February 18, 2011

Pick A Peck Of Pinks...



I haven't quite finished editing the 600...or so...pictures I snapped
at last weekend's Valentine-y Tea...so, I just picked a peck of pinkies
for today's festivities.
As a photographer, candy is a favorite subject of mine...pictures of
candy are calorie-free...and yet I know I gain weight just LOOKING
at it!!!{and though I never even sample these little cutties...I could
have sworn I felt them adding a bit if "filler" to a dimple in my
nether regions! ;0 }




Ok....maybe the "filler" was due to these scrummy treats! And FYI,
Devonshire cream...not just for scones anymore! ;}
{I prefer the Teapot cookies to the hearts...it all boils down to math...
the teapots are two times as big as the hearts, ergo I eat one
teapot and not appear to be a grazing heifer! }



Would we all agree...it's time for this weary little sign to go to heaven!
How do I break this news to my sister...she seems quite attached to it!
Where is Dr. Phil when you need him!





How cute are theses napkins! Pardon the wrinkles...my sister Bee,
was ironing them while I folded...and I kept trying to fold them
into something "fun"...but in the end there wasn't really room on
table for Bishop's hats, Eiffel Towers or Geodesic domes...so we
had to go had to go "basic"...and I re-wrinkled them all for naught!
Won't they make CUTE pillows!!!!

{conversation:
Bee: "Nice iron! New?"
Kae: "Yes..."
Bee: [as she checks out iron] "These are expensive!"
Kae: [defensively] "So! I needed a new one! ...and it
was pink!"
Ahhhh, PINK...our "constant" in times of chaos, tumult and fear!}



Flowers & food...
Now there's a good name for a magazine!!!


http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Xrx62_hyhVU/UtxUYof_WGI/AAAAAAAAZJI/t7xthL-c6sI/s1600/valcandy.JPG

Almost as good a Christmas!!!!
What is it about treats in an apothecary jars that makes them
look ten times more intriguing than if they were just in their
packaging!!!!!



The money shot! HA! Hardly...but I love the pink Adirondack!
I wouldn't actually care to sit in it...{very low
seats make very tall people feel like a pregnant
woman when they attempt to extricate themselves! ;}
It's one of my favorite subjects! Now... if it was only
made of candy....






27 comments:

  1. Oh lovely pink pictures ~ Love the Chair and the napkins are absolutely wonderful ~ Happy pink Saturday ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT those napkins!!!!!!! Pray tell from where they come? lol. Others things I love about this post: The pink adirondack! The candy jars. We all need more candy jars and um those tulips...are they actually popping up where you are at? This was a post of happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Pink Saturday! I want that pink adirondack chair! I love them, sooooo comfy! But yes, getting out of one is less than graceful! ha!

    Love the pretty candy and apothecary jars! Flowers are goregous. Lots of work and lots of fun. When you get tired of those pretty napkins, I think they can come live with me for a bit! ha!

    Have a lovely "pink" weekend!
    Cheers!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. um, i kind of stopped paying attention to what you were saying after i saw THOSE NAPKINS!

    where?

    who?

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh boy everything looks so wonderful, i especially love the adirondack chair and the candy jars. AND the sign!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh--I just love pink. My favorite are the napkins. Did you make them??
    And I also bought a new iron which is pink.
    Happy Pink Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pink Floral napkins are so pretty!! They will make beautiful cottage chic pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new banner is so pretty! I'm wanting spring to come to MN!
    Congrat's to Becca on the giveaway win.
    Enjoyed seeing all the pick of pinks. I'm a "sugar/sweet" gal and the jars of candy are right up my alley..
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful fun and happy pink post.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with everyone else. Those napkins are gorgeous. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Flowers and food IS a good name for a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE all the pink picturs..the chair!!!! The NAPKINS!!! The candy....the flowers..OH MY! You outdid yourself this time! xxoo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  13. What lovely pictures for Pink Saturday. I especially loved the photo of the flowers - they are so gorgeous! Makes me think of SPRING getting CLOSER. Yay. :) Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome pinks, they all made me go awe...........ya, what is it with those jars, they make the contents so regal.
    Happy PS.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the flowers and food.. I can never get enough of your photos!
    Brilliant!
    Smiles~
    Cricket

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful!! The Candy Bar just is to die for, I think its the xtra special detail that makes it better than a pkg. Afterall you need a dainty Silver Spoon to retrieve the candy from the Jar, right??

    Huggs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  17. HAPPY PINK SATURDAY,
    BEAUTIFUL POST....THE EYE CANDY IN THE APOTHCARY ARE JUST STUNNING...THE FOILED PAPER JUST SPARKLES.YUMMY, YUMMY. I, LIKE EVERY ONE ELSE LOVE THE BEAUTIFUL NAPKINS.
    THANK YOU FOR SHARING.
    HAVE A SUGAR SWEET DAY
    HUGS
    SIMPLY DEBBIE

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous pictures, the cookies made me hungry! And I LOVE those apothecary jars. so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ooo I love those big glass jars, I wonder where I could get some from...hmmm.... x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am lovin' these very pink and yummy pictures of the tea!
    I wonder if my family would have eated their broccoli had it been served in an apothocary jar? What do you think?
    I hope we get to see more of the tea party!
    hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, the napkins are so fun! All those yummies, it's a good thing I can only look and not sample. The flowers look amazing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovelyyyy!!! I love all that pink!I wish I could live in the USA just to
    find places where I could buy all those beauties...
    Ciao Iaia from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the pink pictures! That pink adirondack chair is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm with everyone else, I stopped reading after I saw the napkins (THE NAPKINS!!!!!). Please, tell me.

    I didn't really stop reading. I love the apothecary jars and everything. But I'm totally with you on the adirondack chairs. They're so cute, but I'm 6' tall and there ain't no way I'm going to be graceful going in or out of those things.

    ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love those napkins! They must have been fun to play with. A pink iron... nice! ♥

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}