January 9, 2011

Can You Feel The Love...



Love is in the air!
Can't you feel it?!
No? Me neither.
I was just sitting here thinking, '...Christmas is over...
now what...what do we do after Christmas?'
Well, obviously I needed a little nourishment to get the
'ol synapses firing. So, after a breakfast of Flaming Hot
Cheetos and a Fun Dip I had it...
Valentines Day!!!
Duh!



Now most of you might not look at these items and find them
inspirational in any way, shape, matter or form...
but trust me...all you need is a good dose of preservatives and high
fructose corn syrup and you'll find bread crumbs inspiring! ;}





I LOVE these pure white match boxes!
I know! I have said that about million times before!
They just scream " DRESS ME UP!"
{note to self: FULLY wash Flaming Hot Cheeto fingers
before touching anything white!}




And my favorite 49¢-Michael's-clearance-aisle-packing tape...
plus, cute...NAKED...white boxes!
You see where I'm going?
I know! This is so easy I should be ashamed!
I should hang my head and sit myself in the corner
and think about what I have done!
Ya! Ya! Instead this will be going straight into my
book, The Lazy Girl's Guide To Crafty From Your Couch!
Chapter 712, entitled:
Creating Crafty Cuteness While Semi-Comatose.
I believe that title says it all...
with one eye open...
one hand tied behind your back...
etc, etc.



See!
Vintage Valentine-y cuteness!
Just like that!
If you have those pesky match boxes that have all the smelly
little sticks inside that you just have to throw away...
all you'd need to do is cover the box with a piece of white
paper first...and if you're a real "go-getter"... you go right
ahead...but it sure does seem like a lot of work to me...
I'm exhausted just thinking about it!




Of course, a plain box is no fun...it needs a bit of zip and zing!
Some sort of "come hither" frippery that entices you and makes
you think, 'Logically, I can see that this box is too small to hold
a cookie, but it's so cute I want to open it anyway!' Exactly!
So, I thought the tiny bauble {Don Ho, again??!}and tag would
be just right!
And yet they weren't!
These was still something missing!




A-ha! A bit of the tape over white paper...
a couple snips...




I ❤ simple! ;}









Voi-la-la!






Bob's your uncle!




Tickety boo!

I know there are some of you who are looking at this and saying,
"Really! That's it! I set up the tripod and took pictures while I
re-roofed the barn in a snow storm! I installed a hot tube by myself!
I designed, built and furnished an East wing for my home!"
You just go ahead and be bitter today, but when you need a quick
little something that you can make in a jiff, you'll thank me!
Or not...
I'll be in the corner if anyone wants me...

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special











You know how some tapes have that warm caramel-y smell?
I was smelling this just before he did...we have lived together too long!
Maybe I should have kept that to myself? ;}

38 comments:

  1. I can feel it now!!!! If you can install a hot tub.. you can open up shop! It is a given.. a must! You have way too much talent!
    Smiles~
    Cricket

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great. I love that tape, I am going to have to get me some. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, clever is clever, whether it be an entire wing of a house or a little matchbox with some tape. And I can say that because I was clever enough to pick up some of that tape myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Evening Sweetie...
    Oh what a wonderful share. I SO love this creation of yours. Valentine's in a SNAP. You made it look so easy with some tape of love, a few plain boxes (where did you get the match boxes?) I haven't seen those.

    Just precious and I would love to give it a try now too. Thanks for the tutorial.

    Straight from the heart. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute new kitty! Satan with fur!!! Sometimes my little Sweet Pea could have that same name...
    I enjoy your humor!
    Cute little "love" project.
    Warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post! The box turned out beautifully, and the running commentary was hilarious!
    Enjoyed myself thoroughly, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, I needed a smile today, thank you. But what a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute and inspiring. Love those naked match boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "note to self: FULLY wash Flaming Hot Cheeto fingers
    before touching anything white!"

    Hee-hee-hee-ha! I want to see THAT box, too!

    But this red one takes the prize!

    PS I've never smeeled tape before. Now I'm curious. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year! What a great idea.....my brain is ticking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun to read your exploits. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, I like this beautiful box and this post! And the cat at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so sweet for Valentine's Day. And your cheeto fingers are making me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did I just hear you roar? ;D

    That's a great idea and I don't like using regular matchboxes just because of the smell so thank you for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, this is too darn cute! Thanks for the tutorial.

    And for the record, my uncle's name is not Bob. It's Jim. Just so you know.

    :o)

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just popped over from BNOTP! Wow! I love that you use items from Oriental Trading Co.!! Way to keep it easy, this is a project that 'I' can handle.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL....get yourself out of that corner its super cute and such a great idea ;-0)))) Well done another inspiring post yet again ;-))) Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Girl...you have waaay too much talent for one woman.
    This is awesome..you always leave us with inspiration.:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Precious! Only you could do this with such fashion and flair! Love the kitty photo too - I get the biggest smiles every time I visit here!

    vicki

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, I really like this! It's a grand idea!! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aren't you a clever one! This is just the cutest lil' project ever. I would be honored to have you add it to my blog party

    Amaze Me Monday Blog Party

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are just darn cute! I'll get to them after I install my hot tub! LOL!

    Now, thanks to you, I have that stupid song in my head...Tiny bubbles!" LOL!

    Big hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow I am amazed at your craftiness. Looks so darling.

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are so funny and so creative. It's such fun to visit. Thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I adore your posts, I look forward to them, and open them with a smile already firmly on my face, because I just know they will make me giggle madly. They are hilarious, but also so inspirational. Keep'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Someone gave me a roll of printed tape and it sits in my craft room because I don't now what to do with it. Now I do. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It just shows just what can be done when fueled with Flaming Hot Cheetos! ... clear the sinuses too for any colds lingering.
    Thanks for the lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love that tape!!! I'm going to buy one. Thank you for sharing. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your little box! I wouldn't have the patience to do that but I have some relatives who wouldn't mind a bit. You always inspire me.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  30. Warm, carmel smell? My tape usually smells like plastic or new tires!

    I think this is darling and would be tricky for the craft challenged such as myself!

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are so sweet! I'd love it if you could come link them up at the craft catwalk!
    http://embellishinglifeeveryday.blogspot.com/2011/01/craft-catwalk-and-features-no12.html

    ReplyDelete
  32. Now are these just the rinktamarie's or what?!?! I have no idea the TRUE meaning of that word, but my sweet Nana used to say that when I did something REALLY special!! And I think you've outdone yourself here with these. My Michaels probably doesn't have that awesome tape, tho! :0(

    YOu continually amaze/amuse me!!!! And that is a good thing!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  33. great idea and what a cute transformation... very lovely... Thanks for sharing, I have some more ideas with this project... share with you soon...
    http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
    Love
    Farah

    ReplyDelete
  34. Adorable!! I Love the Clear design tapes too, specially when I am sealing a box for shipping!! I'll remember this idea when I need a neat box for petite gifts!
    Huggs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  35. These are perfect petite pretty packages!
    Hope you'll stop by the Pretty Packages Party and share!
    http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2011/01/pretty-packages-party-5.html

    smiles!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh my gosh...you prettied up (plus tacos) those necked boxes easy peasy!! I will be on the hunt for that tape. I think I'd fill my boxes with cinnamon Red Hot candies, what do you think?

    Sweet wishes,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  37. Featuring this beautiful box of love today!
    http://embellishinglifeeveryday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}