December 8, 2010

My Book Is Finally In Print!

That was an outright and absolute lie!
Who...in their right mind...even after being plied with ample amounts
of eggnog, Hostess products and In-N-Out coupons...would ever
publish a book of mine!
Obviously, no one.
Even still, I press on...and the information in this post comes directly
from chapter 333 {I'm the J.K. Rowling of crafters! ;} of my soon-to-be-
self-published book The Lazy Girl's Guide To Crafting From Your Couch.




This chapter in "interactive" though...much like Tron {can you BE-lieve they
made another Tron movie, 50 years later!?? Growing up the dumb Tron ride
at Disneyland was just a "rest" ride...how things have changed!}
You will need a sister...uh-hem...or possibly a close friend who is willing to
spend quality time shopping through her TV in order to provide you with the
main ingredient...empty boxes!
Not that I have a sister who does this...I was just taking literary license there...
{that was a lie too...but just go with it ok...in case her husband is reading this...
shhhhhh! ;}

So, chapter 333 is totally green...recycle, renew, revamp...
just all manner of things "re"!




Being a lazy girl {that was not a lie!} I am ALL about the gift bag!
Open bag...
drop present in...
fluff tissue ...
{we were actually taught the proper "technique" for tissue
paper folding, fluffing and placement! {that is not a lie either! ;} I can't
remember who taught us, but to this day I still use the patented{lie!}
flick of the wrist and whip of the elbow to create a fabulously flounced
and fluffed gift bag, every time!}




But there are time when the most minuscule amount of effort {of this I
know!} can create a gift giving moment that can totally make the receiver
think that the contents MUST be amazing because the exterior is so
darn cute! {this is not always that case, but that's not why we are here
today!}
[Sidebar: I literally think that leopard...is that leopard?...ribbon is
pushing 15 years old...I got it on clearance from Ballard...the reverse side is
gold lamé...to say I have used it judiciously would be an understatement,
don't you think??! HA!]




See!
A "foof" here...
A scrap there...
Spindle, fold & glue...
and for less than it would cost you to buy a gift bag at the 99¢ Store
you can turn all those boring, left-over boxes into eye catching treats!




Now whether they hold diamond earrings or Jovan Musk is entirely up
to you!


Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special


Show & Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home





28 comments:

  1. I Love the title of your Book! It would surely make it into my cart, then to my Coffee Table!!
    Huggs, Nancy
    coeurdalenegifts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol!! Love your wrappings!! Hugs,Rachel ;)

    *French Farmhouse 425*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!
    What a lovely blog you have! Lots of nice pictures and good inspiration!

    Wanna be followers? Let me know!
    Love from Stockholm.. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'd buy one of your books even if it had blank pages as long as it was in a beautiful box I could display. Such a cute, smiley post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling idea! It makes me think of the old Seinfeld episode where Kramer made the coffee table book-about coffee tables...and it actually could turn into a small coffee table! LOL...Your idea? Even better! Hugs-Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's hard to find the time to make those gifts look spectacular, but you have the crafting know how for sure! Happy Holidays to you......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who needs a gift inside when the box is this cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. M...I would so buy your book...are you kidding...ohhh the possibilities!! Divine wrapping!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really have the knack, girl, those little gift boxes look so elegant and chic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh la la! I love the leopard ribbon!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jovan Musk. HA! I just had a major flashback to the early 80's. As for the boxes, my sister could come get them from me and do all this fluffing. I'm forwarding this to her now. ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your blog! And love the little boxes--especially the leopard ribbon. I'll definitely buy your book too!
    Great title!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's why I save all my bits of ribbon and paper, etc, you never know when you can use it to creatively wrap a gift. You have done a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Each and everyone has its own unique appeal. Love them all....

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the boxes! Yes, I would agree with you~the Tron ride was for resting (and I heard that it used to be the makeout ride too-not that I would know).

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your package wrappings-just wonderful! HUGS! Thanks for entering my giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  17. YIIPPEEE!! Cannot wait....you should have special ones wrapped up just for us bloggers to buy!! hehehee... job well done!
    Smiles~
    Cricket

    ReplyDelete
  18. How pretty your wrappings are! Thanks for your sweet visit too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love yours and all your pretty decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I would TOTALLY buy a book about crafting on your couch. It has two of my favorite words, "Lazy" and "Crafting".

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is an awfully pretty post to have been done by a "lazy" girl. I hope you have had a wonderful weekend. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  22. You little rascal, you! I got so excited when I saw the title of this post! You shouldn't have done that to me!!! ;)

    Just yesterday, I was going through my doo-dads and found a round "diamond" barrette thingy and thought, hmmm... I bet I can do something fun with this. Now I know what! Thanks! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am all about the gift bag too, girlfriend. ;) Cheers! Samantha
    www.vintageisforlovers.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. A BOOK! Who cares if it's self-published? That's the hottest thing, now, and you have total creative control.

    I'm buying it, keep us posted, and thanks for all the eye candy.

    Bisous,

    Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio
    http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}