November 7, 2010

Today I Made Noel Streatfeild Cry...


Ok...first things first...
I have NO idea what time it is...
yes, I can see the the correct, non-pacific-daylight-saving- time
on my computer, but that does not help my ever-more addled
brain! All day long I kept looking at my stove and telling myself
'ok, 2:30...then it's really 3:30'...and on and on it went until I
finally turned on my computer and saw that it was an hour earlier...
Seriously, I am too old for these time/space continuum shenanigans!

Do, those of you in other countries jump through through the worm
hole and play games with time like we do is the US?

Second thing, second...I am loving that first picture! I just found the
textures on Picnik {possibly this is why the time change throws me
so! My powers of observation are somewhat lacking...ok, nonexistent!
"Oh, you shaved off your beard?!"
"Uh, yah...a month ago!"
That's me...out here...in La La Land!}

The reason I love that shot is that I love ballet shoes...ballet...tutus &
tulle! I had Ballerina Barbie in the white outfit with the little stand
that made her pirouette!




The one thing I don't care for is the peach color of pointe shoes!
ACK! Sorry LORI ! ;}

But "toe shoes" mean Christmas to me, in all their Nutcrackery-ness,
so I had to find a way to get rid of the peach...and keep the shoes!


So, I just did it!
Got out the glue...
got out the glitter...
And did it!




And although GORGEOUS in real life...
just let me say, VERY hard to get the proper angle to photograph!





I mean, for pity's sake!
It looks like a baguette!
A shiny silvery baguette!




So, I had to come up with some display ideas that would help
me show off the shiny while not creating any baked-goods confusion!




I LOVE an apothecary jar!
But is it too weird to have a toe shoe in one?




I LOVE bird cages too...
But again...is it a little too "America's Most Wanted" to have
a disembodied foot in a cage?





Or a bird in one?

I know! What to do...what to do!
I'm stumped!



{SIDEBAR} glitter primer...
I ran out of my very favoritest fine glitter...
and my very favoritest glitter provider was
sold out too...so I went to Etsy and bought some
"fine" German glass glitter.




Pretty and sparkly as it is...it's no where near fine,
which made it nearly impossible to get the coverage
I needed when trying to glue glitter to satin!
But I am TOTALLY biased...which look do you prefer?


Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special




Seasonal Sundays with THE TABLESCAPER




{this shot is for those of you with HD 3D glasses!
what was I thinking?! it almost makes you car sick! ;}

37 comments:

  1. Too funny that you glittered the toe shoes, but why not! My favorite display is in the apothecary jar! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are just gorgeous! Noel Streatfeild would cry from the beauty of those ballet shoes!
    Lacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the shoes look lovely with all the glitter. Stunning shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I'd never have thought to glitter a pair of toe-shoes! They look wonderful especially with the Christmas decorations in them. Love the pinks together and all the sparkle of the vintage balls! By the way, I've posted a thank you to you for the lovely Rock of Ages picture! I finally got it hung in the perfect spot!
    It fits in great with our decor and I must say, is perfect for us!
    Thanks so very much. We're so delighted with it!
    Blessings, Doni

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too funny! Looks like the Nutcracker and Christmas, in pink, with lots of glitter. Here comes Christmas!!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well, you know that the post title popped right out at me and prompted me to pop right over even though my family thinks that i am folding laundry. instead i am laughing and swooning over your awesome pics. am loving your picnik stuff and will have to try that!

    i like the slippers each way.

    okay, the jig is up. back to laundry!

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Apothecary jar. For some reason it does not look out of place in that jar. Maybe I'm mentally linking it with Ripley's Believe it or Not. It just looks right there and stays on point also. It's really quite pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omigosh, if I ever tried to glue glitter to anything I just know that I would be vacuuming up glitter for the rest of the year! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pictures are really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Most Sparkly! I'm glad to see you've got your glitter back! These little ballet shoes turned out so precious! I love them. You're funny too, maybe one of the reasons I love you so! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty ~ so creative! Your photos are just lovely.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glittery. Oh to be graceful in those lovely shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never have I read a post when I laughed so much!
    I like the photo of the two shoes standing up with Christmas balls in them and the one on the left that is a lighter silvery colour.
    Thanks for sharing your humour, it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the one with the apothecary jar. But my very favorite is the first photo :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are just too fun !
    I ADORE them,
    so girly girl,
    I can see them with a big fat pink satin bow
    and these bejeweled beauties hanging from it
    {thin pink ribbons attached to the back of the slippers } filled with the pink and silver ornaments
    you have a door hanging to be envied by all !

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love them....especially in the apothecary jar!!!
    Lovely no matter how you look at them....how do you get the glitter to adhere so well? Love the glass glitter, the German kind.....beautiful!!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, finally! Someone else besides me that hates that peachy pink color of ballet shoes. I mean what WERE they thinking when they chose that color? I dyed my girls with rose dye when they were little. yeah...I was that kinda Mom! Never thought to glitter those little suckers though...and I am loving the bling. Must say..there is something a bit weird about the foot in a cage...although I could see one in a mouth (get it? foot in mouth) never mind. Really cute post! Felt like I could crawl right in amongst the ornaments in that last photo! Hugs-Diana

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ok.. your talent behooves me!! Absolutely amazing!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ohh glitter and lots of it makes me smile they look utterly stunning and so much more pretty. I love the way you write and your humour always makes me smile. I love them with the xmas balls inside standing on tip toe. Enjoy..Dee ;-)) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the one in the jar ♥ I am with you on loving everything ballet, so feminine and pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Honey!!!

    Those shoes are gorgeous!!! I think my love of glitter is only surpassed by you...

    Everytime I take it out my family gets nervous...

    Even poor Cody has tucked his tail and ran...

    So now that I am freshly inspired, what shall I glitter today?

    Here kitty, kitty!

    ;)
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  22. ooh I love the glitter shoes and the way you displayed them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think the "Sugar Plum Fairies" might want these. I like the glass jar vignette. Were are the slipper ties?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Only a blogger would understand this, dear one! Or a serial killer or a baker or... But you showed it off to perfection! I have been wanting to do some glitter projects. (Can you believe I've never purchased glitter?) But am stumped as to what kind to buy. Where to start? Any ideas for a glitter newbie? I consider you, certainly, a glitter professional extraordinaire.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think Noel Steatfeild would love your glass sparkling ballet shoes, so much more elegant than peach. I think I have to go with the apothecary jar too. All your pictures are beautiful.

    And.....I so get this time change thing driving us nuts, I was up at 4 this morning doing laundry of all things. The dogs looks at me like I was out of my pea pickin mind.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous post!! pretty pics!!! Love the glitter!! I hope you have a fabulous day!!!! hugs!!! Britt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your shiny silvery baguettes!! Tehehe, you crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm still laughing from your baguette comment. Isn't it frustrating when something looks great in real life but so wrong in photos!?

    The glitter looked like it stuck on incredibly well. You have glitter ptimer? I didn't even know that such a thing existed.

    I see I have a lot to learn from you...

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOL! You always get me laughing while reading your wonderful posts. I love, love, love the ballet shoes and everything you create. The apothecary jar is divine too.

    I actually was a ballerina when I was young (and thin) and have a pair of my toe shoes still - hmmmm...maybe it's time to get out my glitter!?!?

    Have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the second to last photos with the shoes on their toes. So magical!

    ~Melanie
    www.theoldwhitecottageblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey Girl~ ~I had to come on over and get my fix of glitter! I picked the right day to do it didn't I?! You know, I always thought tes shoes were pink?! Go figure, so now I know they are peach. No matter, I would love to get my hands on a pair of toe shoes, a little worn, to hang on my Christmas tree. I always wanted to be a Ballerina and dance with Barishnakoff. Sorry I butchered his name but you do know who I mean.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sundays. Hope to see you next week!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gosh, those are so beautiful now! I love them. I want a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, these are gorgeous! I love them! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  35. OH MY WORD! Those are GORGEOUS! I do hope you come link this up to my weekly Thursday Making It With Allie Link Party! I think it would make a Fabulous addition!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}