November 8, 2010

A Rose By Any {Of Its 10} Other Name{s} !




You may have seen this pattern here, there and everywhere!
Sure it's familiar...but what's it called?





"Rose Du Barry for $5000, Alex?"
No!
Wrong!
Guess again!
Eeeeeeeeeeent! {that was a buzzer!}

You only think you know!






If you have James Kent that stayed in England, it's called "Chelsea Rose".
If you have James Kent that went to NZ or Oz...possibly Oh, Canada too, it's called "Briar Rose".
If you have Royal Winton in the exact same pattern...Rose Dubarry.





Nope. I don't have a map to follow that logic!
I'm thinking it had something to do with leading the enemy
astray during WWII...
Ok, well, that sounded like a good story to me, but I'll keep
working on it...


Be sure to stop by MARTHA & TERRI'S for more Teacup Tuesday!






19 comments:

  1. Beautiful cup and saucer...whatever the name :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A rose by any other name would still be lovely. That is not a quote because I screwed it up...lol...but your cup and saucer would make a lovely cuppa tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I know is that rose cup is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever it's called, it sure is lovely!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the dainty look of this Chelsea Rose teacup and the sort of *squared off* look and handle. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's in a name? That which we call a rose. By any other name would smell as sweet said Shakespeare.

    Its a beautiful pattern by any name. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a lovely cup and saucer by what ever name you choose to use ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you can call it what you want-I'll just call it pretty! Lovely! Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. No matter what the name, this is a beautiful tea cup and saucer! I love it.
    Thank you for your amusing post : )
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is very lovely! I also like your napkin rings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty and that's all that needs to be said!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am always amazed at the nomenclature of china patterns. You will run across the same design with a variation on the name; you will also find the same name applied to different designs -- all this from different manufacturers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very interesting post and cup both today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That would be a demi-toss-up....cup.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is such a fun post.. I dont mind my cup came with funny name or what ever names one can have.. as long as it is rosy and pinky, I am happy!.. James Kent well know for producing such beautiful teacups like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! I am visiting from Martha's and Terri's Tea Cup Tuesday. Such a wonderful post! I adore the unique handle of the teacup. The rose chintz is just breathtaking. And your little bird's nest napkin ring is a treasure. I am so glad I stopped by. Thanks for sharing with us. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't believe you were able to so perfectly portray the buzzer sound. :-)

    I wonder where you put all your teacups.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is a beautiful cup and saucer no matter what you call it.

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}