November 3, 2010

PEEPS...They Aren't Just For Easter Anymore!

Yes! Yes! I know I soundly disparaged every one's beloved Halloween
the other day... but that was before I saw these pictures!
There is one thing about Halloween that I like...cute babies in costumes!




Our niece/grand daughter, The Muggins, was a Peep...
I am just about the only person I know who actually likes
Peeps...really like Peeps!!! So, I especially appreciated this!!
{I can and will eat whole box...don't judge! They are like air
and "poof", before you know it they are gone and your
keyboard is covered in pink sugar crystals...and so is your
chin! Again, maybe this only happens to me... ;}

This picture cracks me up...it looks like it should be in a book!
"And Charlotty hurried as fast as her magical Mary Janes would take
her and set about gathering all the rice puffs her Peep clan
would need for the winter, yet never letting the rice puff chalice
out of her sight!"

{I LOVE the "witchy-poo" striped tights!}



Ever grandma's little helper...the attempted "abscondification" of the
Cat-o-lantern's ear!


Maybe there is something to be said for Halloween after all...maybe ;}
{file under: completely self-indulgent post!}


16 comments:

  1. Well, that Peep is just too cute to eat. I am sorry to inform you that I will be outbidding you for the left over Peeps on Easter Monday day after morning. lol I like my own soft though...right out of the package. One of my friends like hers "aired" for a while so it is kind of stiff on the outside. SHE is the crazy one in the group...and why are we even talking about Peeps this time of year? Hmmm...did they make any for Halloween this year? Last year I saw some snowman Christmas ones..but the best ones, by far, are the Easter yellow peeps...and now that we are back to the original..I will say good night! Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, this is just too stinkin' cute-love it:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the sweetest thing I've seen all day! Just darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandma's have to right to brag any time they want. It is a rule! You must have missed it when you were smiling at that little one. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post! I am a Peep lover too. Chocolate is easy for me to pass by, so my kids' Easter baskets had wholly intact chocolate bunnies, but I could never help eating almost all the Peeps, and the kids would each get one or two lone Peep chicks or rabbits because I ate all the rest.Now that there are Peeps for sale all year long I get them as gifts from everyone.

    I agree with NanaDana,why are we talking about Peeps this time of year, but the little Peeps running in the pictures throughout your post are adorable!Very, very, huggably cute~

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling peep. I just love to visit your blog. I got some great ideas on redoing my china cabinet.
    Thanks for visiting My Cozy Corner.
    xoxo
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. that has a to get a big fat Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww from lovely, Dee ;-))) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little Peep is adorable - what a cute costume. My new granddaughter dressed as a little mouse wearing a tutu. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now THAT is what Halloween is all about to me, no religious fights over the dark meaning just sweet little children dressed as peeps. BTW, count me in on the "I just don't get it" regarding the love of peeps. ICK

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww! That is just too adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too cute!

    http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the cutest peep of all.So sweet.
    I'm having a give away to celebrate my return to blogland and the holidays...pop on over and put your name in the pot,
    XXOO Marie Antionette

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is the sweetest thing I've seen this Halloween. I love the way the little ones look in costume. adorable

    ReplyDelete
  14. how cute! love the costume!
    your header looks great too.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  15. the one of her running is my favorite too!! gosh she's cute!

    thanks again for the adorable costume!! :)

    xoxo.

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}