November 23, 2010

I Am Such A Card! Or Something...



Well, here we go with another installment of "Another Duh Thing I Did"...
but I guess I didn't do it...Walmart did...but I chose Walmart so, inevitably
the "duh" rests with me, right? {I don't even think that Gloria Allred could
find a way to shift the blame from me! ;}
Occasionally, I take a picture that I really like and I feel the need to
share it...so, I have these pictures made into cards...at Walmart.
Usually, they turn out fine, but once upon a time I ordered a big batch,
biggest ever...and...they were all cut cattywompus {I had to look up
the spelling! ;}
Yes, yes, I tried to get it all straightened out with Walmart, but
the back and forth just left me feeling crazier and crazier...and
really, I am perfectly capable of making me feel crazy all by myself!

What I needed was a paper cutter...
What I didn't have...a paper cutter!

Now I have accumulated approximately 15-20 pairs of black jeans..
and yet I have never remembered to buy myself a paper cutter...well, I
suppose it's because a paper cutter will not cover my nakedness...and
let me assure, covering my nakedness is a public service you should
all thank me for!

Cards...nakedness...cattywompus...nakedness...where was I?

Oh, yah...

So, I have been very green {read: "cheap"} and have been attempting
to give ALL these cards make overs, as needed.






Since this is the week of "Thanks" and I needed some "thank you" cards...
I went to work!
Covered the front with a piece of vintage sheet music and cut the offending
edge with funky scissors.
I know...you can't really see the new and improved edge...maybe if you're
like 20 you can...but I'm like not...so, this picture is as worthless to me as
it is to you! ;}






And next, because I am a trend setter and have originality oozing from
every orifice {that seemed like a compliment at the time...need to rethink
it...} I used muslin strips, hand-stamped with the word...drum roll, please...
Wow! You guys are psychic! Yes! The word "THANKS"!
I am not gonna lie...it took A LOT of nipping and tucking and pleating and
"grrrrrrrr" and folding and fluffing and Marshmallow Fluff {beats Xanax by
a mile! ;} A little forethought on my part might have helped the situation
but then I wouldn't have needed the Marshmallow Fluff...so, it all worked
out!
It wasn't at all what I had envisioned...but I am so happy with the way it
turned out!

Now...to make more...Fluff, stat!




I have PAPER ISSUES !

Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special


Vintage Inspiration Friday @ COMMON GROUND













I'm not a professional card maker...but I am just oblivious enough to try
anything! "I like that about myself and I like myself and I have a lot of
other great qualities as well". Sorry, I just had to quote Marcel The Shell.
He's my new love! ;}

Where do you have your cards printed??? Dish! Thx!

30 comments:

  1. You are such a nut.
    I just LoVe you, and your silliness and creativity,
    and sense of humor...and writing style and cool snaps.
    I am thinking Happy Thanksgiving and how thankful I am to come visit you at the end of a crazy day & laugh out loud and respond back to you when you aren't even her to hear me! Ha ha !
    Thankful * grateful * appreciative * blessed * smiling ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha ha ha ha O Bless you, you always make me laugh not with your beautiful craft work but with your wicked style of writing and humour. O God i can't even remember how to spell that glorious word that begins with " WHUMP" something i love it ;-)) And i adore what you have done to the card very festive. Well done. Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great. Love the combo of fabric and music paper.

    Good for you for trying anything too. =)

    Thanksgiving Blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just crack me up, I get the giggles every time I read a post of yours. Your style of writing just conjures up images all the time, and this time I had this image of you, frantically trying to preserve your modesty with a paper cutter, in my head, oh my, enough said. Still got the giggles now, but your cards, including the very fine artistic edge, are fantastic.
    PS - I won't ever be able to look at a paper cutter the same way again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hysterical blog! It put a smile on my face early this morning while drinking my tea. Your Walmart experience sounds a lot like the way I live my life! Thanks for sharing your humor and your card is simply lovely.... Thanks!
    Annmarie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it. I noticed it on your header right away!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a good save on your card. How many do you have to repurpose? It really came out beautifully. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of having cards printed. How about Shutterfly or Snapfish? They do Christmas cards, why not note cards? Man, that could be a neat gift. Now you've got me thinking.... I'll be back to check out the suggestions of the cardmakers out there in blog land.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, to tell you the truth I was thinking about sending my cards to YOU to have them printed! I love yours-You will never go back to Walmart again...and now, neither will I! Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. you never fail to make me actually laugh outloud when i read your posts! Hysterical you are! I love the way your wal-mart rejects turned out! Simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great, sometimes it just takes a little extra thought to rework something that we might have just tossed. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too funny! I wish you'd post a picture of yourself (in one of your many pairs of black jeans maybe?) so we could see the face behind this wonderful, creative madness. ;)

    The card may not have turned out like you envisioned but like everything else you create, it is beautiful nonetheless. I'd love to be the recipient of something that lovely.

    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have needed a laugh lately! Crafters can make use of anything...even if there was a mistake. Sometimes that makes our creation even better because we had to put more thought into it. I love your work, and I can't believe I'm not already following you. Drop by my site for a visit sometimes. You'd be a very welcome guest.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your idea of making cards! You are always doing something very creative.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it! Very...very beatiful!

    Cidinha

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love reading your blog, always puts a smile on my face--for two reasons hilariously written and wonderful craft ideas. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOl! So funny, you silly girl!
    Your cards turned out beautiful, tho!

    Happy WW and Happy Thanksgiving! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  18. The card looks great to me-- very cleaver!
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    jj

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stopping over from Debra's at Common Ground. Well the results of your cards are lovely. I"m terrible at taking photos, but there are a few I took I have wanted to make into cards and love your suggestion of Walmart. hugs tami

    ReplyDelete
  20. It DID just turn out perfectly! Lovely project! Hopped over from Vintage Inspiration Friday...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like you did a great job correcting Walmarts mistake!
    Theresa
    aka:TOT

    ReplyDelete
  22. The cards are great, but I can SO relate to the escapades of late night crafting (or maybe its just me that does it late at night...anyway, I digress). Any-who, good save with the cards.

    Take care,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi. I love this card idea! You are very creative. It is gorgeous!
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  24. How creative! Love all the layers, very pretty! Who needs a paper cutter when you can do this without?!? ;)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'll forget about having ANYBODY printing your cards...obviously you can do a MUCH better job...NO, you do a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  26. love this card, girl. its super chic. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi - you are cracking me up...big time. I love how you write. I need a little more humor in my blog. I may be stealing some lines from you!! Only kidding.

    Great project - I love also what you did with the fans of sheet music and the plate for your niece! All great ideas.

    Check out my blog as well, OK. http://www.studioofdecorativearts.blogspot.com

    I have a lot of ideas for painitng etc on it (that's what I do mostly - decorative art on walls etc).

    I haven't done paper arts since I was a kid - so when reading your "fan" post, I had to laugh 'cause I will need a tutorial to make it!! I tried yesterday to make a pinwheel and from the tute online it looked like they cut it int 8 sections...and they didn't...so I made a mistake my first round! So...do-over today.

    But paint - don't have any "duh" moments with that!!

    Thanks for posting!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}