November 21, 2010

How Cheap Elves Cheat...

Naturally...they go to Walmart! ;}




And they are neither thwarted nor chapfallen when
the happen upon ornaments that are lackluster or
just the wrong color entirely!
{I pray the blue lovers & white lovers don't put a hit
out on me! ;0 }

This cheap elf knew exactly what was needed to
give these run-of -the-mill tchotchkes a little
"lifestyle lift"! ;}




The Vitameatavegamin of the craft world... GGG!
{it seems my efforts to make GGG (german glass glitter) as
ubiquitous as Rachael Ray's EVOO have stalled...perhaps
is because:
I don't have 10 TV shows?
I don't have a magazine?
I don't have 300 books published?
I am not perky?
Other than that...I can't imagine why!}




Ok, you bluebelles...don't hate me because I'm a pinkie and
I slathered over all that blue glitter with fabulously sparkly
pretty-nearly-magical GGG! I left a bit of the blue!
But they are so much happier now...they told me!




Please pardon the unimaginative pictures...
anyone worth their salt would have displayed
these on a tiny tree...
it's been a stormy weekend and I only had little
windows of semi-sun opportunity, so I just took
them as quickly as I could...
and now I will put myself in the corner for the
rest of the night with my head hung in shame!



Get Your Craft On @ TODAYS CREATIVE BLOG

The Girl Creative





26 comments:

  1. Now you've got me in the mood to glitter something !

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE!!!

    and a great new-word opportunity:
    chelves? cheaelves?

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I may have to cheat to get pink ornaments! Just can't find any. Need to dig deeper in my Christmas boxes!LOL
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice makeover... no one should be blue at Christmas :-) Love the stockings!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo adorable!!! LOVE their makeovers!
    Roselle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw these there and was bothered that I even remotely like them but now, what you have done, Well I have to go get them and do my own transformation! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling..darling..darling...just...did I say darling? Yep! They are that! Hugs-Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think they turned out beautiful and now I need to go out and buy some glitter!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!! I always have to add a little something to those little cheapies too! Especially if I really want them to look special and they're not hanging on every little tree in the land! Great Job!
    Huggs, Nancy
    coeurdalenegifts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so Cute !! I keep eying those cupcakes here, but I guess I am needing an excuse to bring yet ONE MORE THING home, lol !!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Come out from the corner ~ they actually look much better. And you're making me want to get the decorations out! (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the after shots! Much better, and the little bits of music paper is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know why but I think I might have nightmares tonight about little shiny socks chasing after me into a bin of glittery cupcakes......aaaughhh

    They are really so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those turned out adorable! Now ideas are flyin throgh my little brain and visions of glitter everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have so much fun when I visit you!! My mind starts to race on the possibilities of GLITTER!
    One day I will have time on my hands, a bottle of glue and a multitude of colours of glitter,
    until then I will live vicariously through your crafting.

    loved all the dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute - and an improvement on the unoriginal originals! Are you still in the corner? You can come out now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey! im your newest follower!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE your blog! Could stay here all day! I have an interior design buss and blog and im doing 14 days of xmas trees...I would BEYOND ADORE you to visit! I have a Giveaway!!

    *ENTER CUSTOM FLORAL Give-Away Here *

    xoxokara

    ReplyDelete
  18. aww so lovely and pretty what a great idea. Dee ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Most Sparkly!! I love your glittered up pretties. You just have vision...sparkly vision!
    Thanks for popping in to see me and you did so good on your Southern accent!! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are simpky glitterlicious!! I love these! You are so creative and amazing!
    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute. I dub you the glitter queen. I made my Martha pumpkins after all...well, a couple of them. I liked them so much I'm going back for other glitter colors this weekend.

    Have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just adorable!!!
    Greetings from Europe, Biljana

    ReplyDelete
  23. Obviously I must go to Walmart (and to think I was in the shopping center yesterday and let a silly thing like food shopping for T day get in the way?). Your purchases and creations are adorable.

    It would be great if you'd share them on Seasonal Sunday!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much for participating in Seasonal Sundays! I'm glad to be part of your celebration of the season.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}