November 24, 2010

GIVE THANKS!

I am so thankful for my family, my health, my job, ancestors who were
incomprehensibly brave to sail all the way to America, settle the plains,
live in sod houses, survive the Great Blizzard of 1888, lose everything
in during the Great Depression and come out West so I could be born
in California and never have to scrape ice from my windshield!

And to all of you for all your visits, support & encouragement...this blog
would be a lonely place without you! ;}



HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!
I hope you have a great day full of great food, family & friends!
And more food too!

And I am very grateful that George Washington felt that those
13 colonies were worth fighting for way back when and I hope
he would still feel that all 50 are worth defending today...I do.


15 comments:

  1. Great post~ I am thankful too for this wonderful country we live in! Blessings to you and your family- xxoo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like I'm the first to say Happy Thanksgiving today. We certainly have much to be thankful for, and the older I get the less I take it for granted. Thanks to you for proviiding such a witty and entertaining blog - always look forward to seeing what you have in store. Blessings to you for a wonderful day with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a very insightful post. Have a Happy thanksgiving and as my friend Janet says-"Gobble til you Wobble" today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving♥
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving to you!! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful article you found. I don't think I have ever seen it. I just wish the whole country could see more things like this to help remind them what is really important.

    Have a blessed THanksgiving
    julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Where did you find that article? That was cool to read.

    Happy Thanksgiving m!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ...with a heart full of gratitude,
    I say Amen !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was a little unsure as to what the meaning beind thanksgiving was but im much clearer now due to your loely words. I have to say i adore your glitter acorns they must have taken you ages. Enjoy your thanks giving. Hugs Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I live in southern California, Riverside county to be almost exact & I had to scrap ice from my windshield just this morning. Well the windshield wipers did. Geez! Loved the post. And Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Thanksgiving to all Americans! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What??? Never scraped a windshield??? I just spent two days shoveling through 10' of snow to get to the wood pile. Do you know the movie 'The Holiday'? Well.......I thought maybe we could swap houses this Christmas, and YOU could shovel your way to the wood pile while I swim in your pool!
    big hugs

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}