October 21, 2010

Tea So Excellent, It Made Jane Austen's Skirt Fly Up!



Now, I am not one to make bold pronouncements...oh, wait...yes, I am! ;}
So, here's another!
THIS is the best tea ever!
And I mean ev-vuh!

Behold... PARIS , by Harney & Sons...and let me just tell you right
now...that Harney, and his sons, are some of my most very favorit-est
guys ever!
Ev-vuh!

Can they make tea???? Is Mr. Darcy dreamy???!!!



I like a black tea...I'm edgy like that. And I don't know what bergamot is{yes,
I know I could google it right now, but, really...what is life without a bit of
mystery?} but it's yummy as all get out!




We like to buy it loose...and when you open the can...well, you're almost
too enraptured by the smell to remember that you were about to put on
the kettle! It really does smell divine! {must be that bergamot!}
Never fear, it is available in sachets too...but we we like that extra added
challenge of using that little strainer thingie...no tea wimps here!




{SIDEBAR:Did I ever tell you about the time my sister made Lipton tea...
in the microwave for two Scotland yard detectives? Oh! Their faces!
Priceless...it was as if she had handed them a cup full of manure!
But they forgave us colonists and ended up telling us all about working
Lady Di's wedding!}




Honestly though, this is tea so fabulous it gets the Jane Austen seal
of approval! And she has assured me that had this blend been around
in her day...she would have referenced it in each of her books!
Something like..."It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a young
man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of Paris".
She is simple mad for it!




Oh! For corn's sake! I cannot take that broad anywhere!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


WE'D BE SO PLEASED IF YOU'D JOIN IN OUR GIVE AWAY !

And be sure to join Cindy for SHOW AND TELL FRIDAY !





Funny...that one thing I have never been called...perhaps more tea
is required!
Cheers!

25 comments:

  1. ...I'm laughin` so hard!! What a humorous "teaspoof".
    Thanks, I needed that:)
    I'm off to see if they have earl grey...Hey! I wonder what would happen if Jane and Earl got together??!lol!!!
    xo, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  2. That HUSSY! I can't believe her!
    I must say that although I am not a tea drinker I am intrigued by your knowledge of it...well, except for the part where you didn't know what bergamot is...(I don't either).. I am strictly a Starbucks girl. I needed a patch of humor tonight- Glad I found it here. Hugs- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I am definitely going to have to try that tea. I am a tea lover — drink two pots a day. At the moment I am into Silver Needle. A white tea known to be the highest tea in antioxidants. I'm never sick (knock on wood) while those around me are falling like flies! I buy mine at Tevana, I'll have to go back and look at your post to see if you mention where to buy yours. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like my tea loose too. That just sounds wrong when I type it:) Anyway, I've had the brand, but not this variety. I'll have to try it.

    I wanted to show you my favorite "tea thing" ever! I wrote about it a while back. http://ineedmom.blogspot.com/2010/05/worth-it-perfect-cup.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are an absolute riot, hilarious! I am such a confirmed tea drinker and had never heard of this tea before. Gotta check that one out now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great humorous post! I love that tea canister and your sweet tea spoons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, if Jane really likes it THAT much, I guess I'm going to have to give it a try. (Maybe she was drinking it when she dreamed up Mr. Darcy? Hmmm...)

    Once again, you have literally made me LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favourite tea is loose and the aroma is wonderful! I have never tried yours but it does sound intriguing! You do have a way with words, m'lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love this! I have to find this tea! My daughter would love it!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. My new friend,
    You always say what what you mean...how refreshing, and in doing so my hart smiles.
    Thank you for the spoof on tea.
    I do agree that Mr Harney has the best tea. Have you tried his Chocolate Tea?
    Creative photography as usual.
    Blessings 'til next time
    Pam@ Breathe of Fresh Air-Paper Butterfly

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh gosh.. I was laughing out loud! love your witty writing.. and the photo of Jane into the tin.. that made laughing hard! thanks for making my day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a coffee drinker but I think this post could almost sway me over. I want some of what she had.....8+)
    Thanks for the giggles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have such an amazing talent !!!
    I am charmed and smiling.
    LoVe your writing style,
    LoVe your props,
    and this post,
    too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not a big tea drinker but I do like a good cuppa every so often. I wonder if that tea could be found in my parts of rural East Coast Canada? Kinda doubt it.

    What a great post! I'm visiting some of my favorite blogs and it's putting the chuckle in my day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty spoons and great post!!
    Jenny
    www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too Funny!!
    I Love the Paris Tea, but my fav from them is their Passionfruit. Just heaven iced on a warm afternoon.
    Huggs, Nancy
    coeurdalenegifts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Naughty girl! Even hubby is cracking up over this one ... I can literally SEE their faces. I have yet in Europe to see any tea other than steeped/brewed from fresh ... & yes, it is the best.
    Have a beautiful PS weekend ~
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happened upon your post via Show & Tell Friday. You are one funny blogger. So where does one find this tea besides England or online?

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are hilarious! I love your posts. And (fyi) bergamot is a citrus sweet than a lemon but more sour than an orange and it's amazing for depression and is a great digestive aid. That tea sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

    That tea sounds divine and the story about your sister making tea is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I first had the Paris Tea at Paris in a Cup in Orange, CA. Now, it is one of my favorites. Then again, I have been a huge fan of Harney & Sons for years!

    Hugs, KJ

    ReplyDelete
  22. YES! I thoroughly agree with you about the WONDERFUL Paris Tea from Harney and Sons. Friend of mine introduced me and I fell in love!!
    MCB

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}