October 17, 2010

Meanwhile...I still have pumpkins...







So, like I said...the more expensive pumpkins did not take well to my
painting technique...and the color leeched into the paint giving them
this 50/50 bar color to which I say, "blick!"

Something must be done!


And I got an idea from ROSEMARY ...mind you, mine is a laugh-riot-knee-
slapper compared to her magical creation...be sure to check it out...it's GORGEOUS!
{BTW...she is having a GIVE AWAY that will curl your toes too!}




Let the carve-ery begin!





{SIDEBAR: I got an even weirder idea for this egg that I had decoupaged last
Easter...





pretty darn proud of myself for making that little hole with a steak knife...
oh yes, I have all the latest tools and gadgets! NOT! No blood, no breakage,
not bad. It's a real egg, so I was a bit concerned that there might be a "funk"
in the inside...but, we were good! End sidebar}






Tools of my trade...





Yes, those are pages from a book {Mansfield Park...I like to add a bit of Jane
to everything...I know she feels the same...or she would, if she was alive...but
let's not dwell on that!}

No, I did not cannibalize a book...I know that some people get up-in-arms about
the senseless slaughter of vintage books...I bought these pages, just as you see
them...as pages...and I trusted the seller when she said that they had been humanely
torn.




First came the egg...
I love tiny things, they fascinate me, so I knew I wanted to make the egg into
a carriage. But after searching for something to use for wheels all I could come
up with were these buttons...but they were too small to use for the other pumpkin...
{pretty whiny, huh?}

So, like I said...if you want to see a fabulous carriage...see Rosemary's...you ain't
gonna find it here! ;}

Without larger wheels...I decided to make the pumpkin into a little house...
for, uh, um...something small to live in.



I can always add wheels later...maybe something nice with chrome rims!





While I was "Pimping Pumpkins"...{that just sounds so wrong, doesn't it?!}





I gave this one a bit of ribbon...





this one a bit of lace and a pretty button...






this one got the full glitter and bling special...






and this one got "pinked"...
and after all this...I just want to make more!
Somebody stop me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special





And hurry over to Susan's for more MET MONDAY!




The Girl Creative

40 comments:

  1. Just discovered your blog today - luv the eye candy! I'll be back ~ I will be posting a give away on my blog next month. Won't you stop by?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet are those...! Might have to try to create a glittery pumpkin of my own...such a creative lady, you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those are all just gorgeous! I'm in love with the little egg with wheels! Seriously - they're all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely project (and blog!) Visiting from BNOTP and am so glad I stopped by! Thanks for the inspiration!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. how fun and beautiful! jill at little nest studio has a cool pumpkin idea in her latest post, too. i think you'll dig it!

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you prettied them up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh...I think I see a Pumpkaholics Anonymous Meeting in the near future for you...but please...before you go to PAM (is THAT clever, or what?)anyway, before you go...please give us a few more eye candy pumpkins...so we can mourn the fact that you will soon not be making more. uhh...and about the Egg Addiction...yeah...EAA...(and NOT the airplane group). xxoo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Most Dear Sparkly! You are truly the most creative one! This little pumpkin someday to be carriage is adorable! Love your embellished pun'kins too! You are so good!
    Hope you've had a great weekend.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahahahha!! "Pimping pumpkins", I love it!! :-)

    Your little pumpkin creations (and your egg too) are so cute!! Love the glitter & full bling special :-)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  10. M, your pumpkins are so cute! Lots of bling and adorableness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your are so creative. Such great ideas! I love the little pumpkin house.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I've never seen such gorgeous pumpkins! I especially love your decoupaged pumpkin and your egg carriage! And the pumpkin with the rhinestone "bling" is just stunning! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love visiting your site...always pretty things! These pumpkins are precious! Thanks so much for sharing and being such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm completely inspired today! Thanks. I love the "pimping the pumpkin" idea....and the funny phrase. My tip of the day....prime the pumpkins with Gesso first and the color won't bleed. I know, an extra step but well worth it. Since I'm now seriously eyeing my drab orange pumpkins I'll be taking my own advice with the Gesso. Glitz and glitter....here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You WIN _ cutest thing anybody ever did with pumpkins - hands down! LOVE these my friend!

    vicki

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the glittery pumpkin and the pretty egg. You are very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Wow Wow you are so clever i love them all. Especialy the little carriage to be a house that is just amazing so delicate and so very pretty. Well done im so impressed just amazing. Dee

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your pumpkins! All of them - the egg too! I can't wait to try making one!
    cheers and thanks for visiting me!
    dana

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing job and incredible photos! Thanks for always inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are sooooooo creative and I enjoyed seeing you add "Jane" to everything! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. ...first ~ let me just say, Thank you for your kind words about my paper pumpkin carriage!! :) and link to my blog!!

    second ~ I simply ADORE YOUR egg carriage!!!
    I would happily trade one of your eggs for one of my pears!! ~ seriously!!

    Such a whimsy wonder ~
    and now I'm your newest fan because of your "eggs-ellent" post!! (my bad?!!)
    xo, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this post!! I chuckled, was inspired, and loved what you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very prettified pumpkins! I think I like the pink glittery one the best!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Omigosh! I love all of your creations...amazing but you really did jazz up Halloween and made it glitzy and fun! Congrats.

    Jillian
    Bella Rosa Antiques

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loving this! Pimping pumpkins! LOL I could easily fall into this craft addiction. I have been playing with pumpkins all weekend. I want to glitter everything! Now if I could just get some of that pink glitter....
    Love them all very pretty, especially the silver and pink.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful designs. Very lovely work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those are adorable. Love them. thanks for sharing. Just discovered your blog from MM

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are sooo precious! May I take a ride in the carriage, pleeeease. I promise to be good! Sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love it. Those pumpkins are magical! :-)

    http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love love love the pumpkins. I am so stealing this idea. Dont' worry I will give proper credit to you and of course where you got your idea. I think this will be perfect for 10/30 post. Thanks for the idea and I'll be sure to let you know when I post it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the pink glittery one.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I LOVE IT!!
    I would have never thought of the carriage, adorable!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh you're funny! What else have I been missing out on... I rarely get time to read blogs - how depressing! I am LOVING these pumkins! They are so cute!!!!!
    Super creative. Gonna go get me some glitter. And that you covered it in Mansfield Park - sheer genius.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I NEED this toaster! I've been wanting one for quite some time!
    Also, my grandmother, Avonelle, is a 92-year-old breast cancer survivor!
    (I apologize for any typing mistakes. I can't see what I'm typing in the box. The cursor is moving, but no letters are showing up!)

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  35. These pumkins are sooooooo cute. I especially like the hollowed out one, but the pink has to be my fave. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  36. These are so pretty. I just finished making a couple of glittered ones I saw from Martha Stewart and then came here and saw yours which are even prettier. Love the white and the pink. I must go back to my laboratory...muahahaha. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I have never seen such gorgeous pumpkins. Simply stunning and unique. Hope you are enjoying your weekend! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}