September 23, 2010

Ripoff Artist...To Shell And Back

Several weeks ago, someone {sorry, hunted but couldn't find the link} did a
post for Show And Tell Friday about their vintage seashell birdies and I was
smitten...smote...smintrigued!

I always have a ton {or two} of shell on hand for sudden inspirations or cat
toys...so I got to work!{can you see that Cocoa Krispie in that shell? I wondered
where they all landed after the sudden explosion and shower of Cocoa Krispies...
you have to be Xena to open those darn cereal bags! Sheesh!}



They were so easy to make! Yes, I know the faces need some work...
they look like koala birds! I'll work on that!




I made this little guy a perch out of a wonky starfish.




This is my fave! Mr. Bluebird! I had to tone down the color in this shot...
one day I will grasp how to capture the sparkliness of glitter...but I haven't
yet!




They are a happy little family! I'm thinking about suspending some from ribbon
as Christmas ornaments...they would look so cute all over my feather tree!




Be sure to visit Cindy {a wish her a Happy Birthday!} for more
SHOW AND TELL FRIDAY !


17 comments:

  1. I love the little shell birdies! I am your newest follower and grabbed your beautiful button! Would love for you to come on over to the farm for a visit and maybe grab my button too!

    http://cottonfieldfarm.blogspot.com
    Regina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to smile...those are some of the most comical little things I have ever seen. I'm digging the little BLUE bird the most of all!

    BTW- You do know I have a little magazine give away going on? Hugs-Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are pretty darned cute! Wow, never thought of making birdies out of them. Thanks for sharing!

    Jillian
    Bella Rosa Antiques

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted to say hello, i love the shell blue bird he is so very cute and would look lovely on a christmas tree. You can see the sparkle of the glitter truely lovely and fun ;-)) Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that wins the "clever & creative" award!! Just toooo adorable! Thanks for the great idea.

    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute little darlings, sure to bring a smile to anybody's face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a cute idea, they'd look great on the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are adorable. I think a batch of glittered (gasp) pastel ones (lite green, pink, blue, etc.) would be stunning on your feather tree!!! LOVE the blue one on the spool. Just too tweet for words ;)
    Roselle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Koala birds! :) So cute! And thanks for letting me know that was a cocoa krispie. Trying to guess what the was would have really bothered me. ;) Psssst- use scissors to open that bag next time! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. What cute birds! You did a wonderful job!

    Stop by and collect your clues. The largest giveaway in Decor To Adore history will be revealed next Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just Adorable! I Love creating with Shells too~
    Nancy
    www.coeurdalenegifts.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. How clever you are! They are just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the little shell birdies!!
    tambien es mi cumpleaños
    cariño Lore

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}