July 5, 2010

My, But You Do Have The Laciest Lobes...

Bits of lace...they must be good for something...
"something" that is NOT sewn...since I can't
sew my way out of a paper bag!



I had a thought and cut out the "interesting" parts...




I must have seen this somewhere...I am not this clever...although I
can't imagine why it stuck in my brain since I am not an earring
person {says the girl with 2 holes in one lobe and 3 in the other...
ah, the foibles of youth...}





I thought I'd give you "action shots" of the earrings all 'a-dangle...




but due to my extreme "Cullen-ness" I had to use about 15
editing tricks just make the lace show up against my see-through
skin!




But I think you get the idea...which is: I should not be left alone with
lace, scissors and jewelry findings! ;}



UndertheTableandDreaming





The Girl Creative


The DIY Show Off



10 comments:

  1. lacey earrings + new word (cullen-ness) = awesome post!

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Sweetie...
    You have the cutest lobes I have seen all year. Now that is really clever to use little bits of lace to make beautiful danglies. And (even pearls and a few rhinestones added would be pretty glued to them for weight).

    Thank you for sharing today. I absolutely love them.

    Country hugs...Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Believe it or not, I had the same thought as I am going through all of my sewing notions and have all of these small pieces of vintage lace that are too small for most of my projects. Although, I have been thinking of trying to learn how to tie bows...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those earrings are adorable. You could embelish the lacy ones even further by adding a ribbon rose, but they're perfect on their own, really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a splendid idea! I love the title of this post... too funny. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always you do amazing things. I love it all.

    Cheri from its so very cheri.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your earrings, what a great way of using up little lace scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh...they're adorable! I would never have thought of that!

    Hugz,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so dainty and adorable. What a clever idea. So pretty. I'll be featuring this today. Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks again for joining the Sunday Showcase. Hope you have a fabulous week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  10. M...these are darling. Please, never leave put those sissors down!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}