April 7, 2010

What The Heck Is It?

Once upon a time, I bought several oval frames from Tender Heart
Treasures...because they were $ 1.95 each...




naturally, ;} they were purchased expressly to be painted...since I
am just not blue. And since I didn't really plan on using them as "frames"
either {go figure!} I was left with these frame backs....can't just throw them
away can I? There has to be something...something...hmmmm....





Well, when in doubt...my "go to" is usually shells!




So, I painted & glued...




And come up with a weird sort of piece of "art"...just one more way to
display some sea pretties...sometimes a bowl full of shells is just boring! ;}


Just a few more days to enter our latest GIVE AWAY !


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special





Beyond The Picket Fence


giveaways


Transformation Thursday






Get your craft on Thurs.



17 comments:

  1. just darling my friend...you come up with the best ideas girls...thats why I love to come by here....hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just beautiful, what a great idea your shell things are always so pretty. Do you use special paint for your items or is it just household paint.
    Jillx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creative and adorable -as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always thinking up something new! So white and crisp.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really nice...shells always look good no matter what color you paint them, glitter them, glue them..♥

    I'm visiting from your link over at Somewhat Simple for Strut Your Stuff Thursday.

    I hope you'll drop by my place to see my fabric flowers.

    Have a wonderful day...

    Hugs,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's darling! I couldn't come up with something like that without some serious trial and error!
    Lila Ferraro
    Queen Bedroom Sets

    ReplyDelete
  7. I lovethe shells! Very pretty! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply beautiful! Your link is not working, the t did not show up in tales so feel free to link it up again. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seashells make everything better:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute idea! I have quite a few of those why do I have it around here too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool!!! Well done!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a good idea...good thing you didn't throw the backing away. sometimes its hard to decide-save something to use later or try to keep my house uncluttered.

    thanks for stopping by the cape on the corner, and for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The shell plaque is adorable! I love seashells, especially the white ones for decorating. Thanks for your visit and sweet comment on my chalkboard mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful! I love the shells..

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday! Please join me next week for another great party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea! I love the shells :) Thanks for stopping by the other day (http://welcometoheardmont.com)

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}