February 2, 2010

Thinking Outside The Box...

Yep...that's all it is...just a plain 'ol box...nothing fancy...not even pink...and you may have noticed there's not even one smidge of glitter...
So why, pray tell, would I buy it?







HELLO! Because they were 4 for $5! Woohoooo!






As you may have already deduced...they are kitchen canisters, but I am always on the lookout for more places to stash my stuff! So canister-schmanster! Poof! You have become a crafty girl's "catch all"!







Sooooooooo much potential! How many starfish can I fit in there! {GLEE!:}







Although I don't find sage offensive in any way, I sill prefer pink or white...so one or two of them may get a make-over...it would be so easy to cover up "coffee" or "flour" with a sparkly vintage trinket...but the "tea" is staying...I {heart} tea!



PS: got them @ TENDER HEART TREASURES ...they hate me! I always wait until they have a MONDO sale and free shipping...then I get $75 worth of stuff...in sofa-sized boxes...shipped for free! And NO sales tax...unless your in Nebraska {GO HUSKERS!}.

And there is still time to join in on our VALENTINE'S GIVE AWAY !

23 comments:

  1. I live in a very small, 1938 Craftsman cottage and storage space is always an issue. Love your idea of using canisters!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, that was a fabulous buy! And a terrific idea for them, too!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh "M" you crack me up, I'm pretty sure they love you...heck, what's not to love!

    Even though they are not pink and don't have a speck of glitter they are still gorgeous and you can't beat the price!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love 'em! Can't talk have to run to Tender hearts! ;)
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are lovely!! :) I love the way you've repurposed them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this same set of canisters and I use mine for craft stuff too!! Originally I just turned the labels towards the wall but I am presently making them over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Buy! Love the idea.. I am off to find some of my own :)

    {TODDLES}
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  8. i cannot believe you have done a glitterlicious~less post...can't wait to se the redo on your canisters...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds! Enjoy filling those up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great bargain! Guess I'll have to zip over in cyberspace and pay them a visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the boxes and you are so right, what great storage. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  12. nicely done, savvy shopper!

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  13. OOoohhh these are wonderful !! Do you know I have these all painted up in a sugery PiNk with hand-painted roses on them ... I can't believe it, I bought them all made pretty !! I use them for hair bows, ribbons and all that girly stuff !! You always have something here that truly inspires meee .. You have a happy, sunshiney day my friend ~
    hugs ~tea~xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why can't I find boxes for $5! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nestled canisters! Love the shot with the pink, yellow and blue! Brinmg on the bunnies and the chicks! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great find. So versatile. Thanks for dropping by my blog. I hope you visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute nesting boxes and love your ideas to make them sparkle...thanks for coming by and saying hi.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Morning,Most Sparkly One! Oh, I love your new canisters and how you're using them! I would not be surprised if they resurface again with a little glitter on them! What a way to shop! I love it!
    Thanks for popping in and you always make my day!
    BE a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love those canisters! They are like those Russian wooden dolls that open, and there is a smaller one inside,and so on...a baboushka I think it's called.Do pop over and see my storage solutions post...I think you might like it!

    Bellaboo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have to say first that I love love love you blog! Next I have to ask...what kind of glue do you use when glittering things? I've been trying a few things and can't get it to stick nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. wonderful! A girl's got to have places to put her stuff, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I went to Tender Heart Treasures and looked and looked...so many neat things! Thanks for the link! I love their site! ♥

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}