February 14, 2010

99 Cents Worth Of LOVE!


HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, LOVEEEEEES!




My sister Kae, has a Valentine's Tea every year and each of us girls brings a "table treat" for the others...well, it was Friday...and I had nothing...zip, zilch, nada. Hadn't found anything cute...
hadn't been inspired by any of my creations.


So, on Friday, my friend & I went to the 99 Cent Store on our lunch and I was desperately searching the "Valentine" aisle in the hope of finding something not too horribly tacky...something that didn't actually scream NINETY-NINE CENT STORE!!!!!!!!! But nothing struck my fancy...didn't even poke it....so, I continued on, in search of the amazing salt & vinegar chips they carry and, if I was lucky, some caramel Bugles...hey! I needed a food hug, don't judge!


Once the chips & Bugles were in hand I was apparently in a more muse-receptive mood and I recalled seeing this red heart...




Yuk...






...made from a bunch of wound fibers, not really me, in and of itself...but...if used a the "backdrop" for something else, well...it just might work! So, I rush back and snatched up 10 of them, lickety-split!




So, I got my tools together and go to work...






Crepe paper...glitter...sentimental sentiment...





but my quality control inspector wanted more...





the finishing touch...a pink feather!





There! Exactly how I envisioned it in my head on the chip aisle in the 99 Cent Store!



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special





39 comments:

  1. Now, that is so clever and so pretty. I am always amazed at such creativity. Looks wonderful. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very cute! You came up with a great idea. I may have to try the "chip trick" next time I go to the 99 cent store. LOL

    Hugs,
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous!! I love this project...it is so cute!! I get a lot of inspiration in those stores and even buy things I know I will use later in something or other! Nice job!

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's creative! And I'm sure it made a big hit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a really cute fun project!!~ Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! You have a true gift to see that red heart and be able to envision the lovely trinket you made! If only I had this vision in the 99 cent store! Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so clever of you! And they look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They turned out great, I bet everyone loved them! Thanks for sharing, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the "how" of your darling Valentine :)

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever idea! I bet they loved your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great table gift you ended up crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! and you came up with that just from a trip down the "chip" isle. Fantastic and great pictures. I like the inspector.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! Great pics.. great idea1
    Again and Again and Again!
    xo
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! I know they all loved the hearts!
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute M!

    I bet the Inspector was looking for catnip!

    love, kelee

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very Cute! Great way to re-purpose! Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute! They look awesome with your touch. Promise, I never judge when it comes to food! :-) Especially comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love seeing what people do with things from the dollar store.
    The hearts came out so cute, it looks like you had a long designed plan along. Very, very cute.
    Hugs...Tracy :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. just beautiful!!! sounds like a great idea too
    cheers
    vicki

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a brilliant creation! Stunning red and love that pink feather touch!

    ReplyDelete
  22. hey, who is that adorable baby in your banner? what a sweet and enchanting smile:)
    LOVE your hearts...i think they are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. As always, you make the mundane look magnificent!!!

    So pretteeeeeee.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those are so cute, I'm already planning on something similar for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous!!! I am always inspired to create after visiting your blog!

    Blessings,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a cool idea and very pretty too! You gotta love those dollar stores! Hey, and you like the salt and vinegar chips too?! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You did a great job with those 99cent hearts. who would ever guess!
    Blessings!
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete
  28. look at you! that's awesome.

    bugles, eh? i'm a chex mix gal myself.

    might that be M in the header pic?

    xo
    elyse

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a beautiful "table treat"!! I usually have to be inspired by someone else's creativity (LIKE YOURS)! I'm always amazed by your 'original' creativity!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great Valentine's craft!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love it!! Your final version doesn't say "99 Cent Store" at all. ;) I love the idea of a Valentines Tea. :)

    Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh I love that -- adorable!!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent at MM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very clever! I really like your banner. What a little sweetie you have!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely hearts and very creative...
    Saying hi from Saturday STS Sharefest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I was worried at the start, but that turned out super cute. Nice one :)

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}