January 19, 2010

The Porcelain Princess...



So...about ten hundred years ago, I started buying these MARGARET FURLONG angels for my sisters...I really can't remember where I first saw them or how I found them, but it soon became a tradition, and I know most of you must already know all about Margaret's beautiful creations...but just in case there's one who may not, I thought I give her a shout out!







These angels come in 4", 3", 2" & 1.5 "...which is just about too cute to be believed!!!!
Maybe you remember Victoria offering these tiny treasures more than 10 years ago?




Hello!
With a teacup & tea pot! Adorable!




A present and a cake!
Too cute!





Since it's getting very close to Valentine's Day and Margaret LOVES hearts and has made many a darling pin and ornament in the heart theme I thought you might like to check out her entire HEART collection... click HERE !
But here's a teaser...






She has pin collections for all seasons!



And maybe you are noticing that she also draws much inspiration from God's creations, like sea shells! ;}


And who can resist this birdie pin?




Or this heart?
(these pins are small....only my pictures are gargantuan!)





She makes a variety of shell-themed ornaments...




And just look at the details of this display shelf!



This guardian angel is my fav right now! That little shield is precious!
Take a stroll through her site when you have a sec, there are so many
things too be seen that I know you'll love!


And stop by FADED CHARM COTTAGE for more White Wednesday!

17 comments:

  1. I was told several years ago that these were no longer made...surprise, surprise! I have several of the ornaments and absolutely love them (of course from 10 years ago or so)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweetness you've shared today.....just right up my alley!!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  3. those angels are so sweet...and i just love the heart with the birds on it...so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never ever heard of he!! Thanks for the link. I collect angels, these are so pretty. I know they are not here but will just drool. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want that display shelf - I want it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning! Jojo was right ... there were a couple of years when Margaret didn't produce her angels. (Ya know we ALL have bumpy times!!) She is back with some of her older designs as well as new ones each year/season. I have about a kajillion of these babies and have no room for more.
    Hugs and thanks for sharing this loveliness!
    Betty :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Margaret Furlong and have several of the angels and shell ornaments. I didn't realize anything was still being made by her, but I have to have those winged hearts. Sigh! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them all! so pretty - hard to choose a favorite. Thanks for sharing new treasures with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love her work! I'm pleased to see the new easels for the angels too.They are no longer sold around here so I'm glad to see a link. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not heard of her until now,, so I am so glad I stopped by... Her Angles are just so darn adorable.. love them all, and what a talent she is... have a great week.

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always loved those angels but don't own any of my own. They are so sweet!

    I enjoyed my visit here at your lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not heard of Margaret Furlong. How gorgeous are all her creations, I love them!! Thanks so much for sharing her and for the link I'm off to be in eye candy heaven!!

    Hugs
    Me :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have not seen these, but they are adorable! Thanks for sharing! I will check them out. Have a wonderful day!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such lovely pins! Yes, I can remember seeing them in Victoria one time. Truly what a beautiful gift to receive.
    Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  15. P.S. I have my photos up and running again! Yeah!!! You can see the Audubon Swamp Garden. I know....thrills!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You always have a WHOLE LOTTA PRETTY on here.

    Come see me.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}