January 14, 2010

Oy Vey!

Sorry guys! My computer is having tantrums
and getting it to cooperate is hit and miss...and it
sounds like there is a wheezing cricket living in it!
Hope to get it resolved at least by 2011! ;} Stupid Mac!
Arrrrgh!

I will quit whining now and try to get a post in while
my luck is holding!!!!!


I'm sure that I have mentioned 1 or 1000 times
before that I love old books! Yes, even the dusty
musty smell of them!



But this on is a particular favorite because, well,
it's Anne...and I just adore Anne Shirley and I
have been convinced, for the better part of my
life, that Prince Edward Island is just this side
of heaven!
(And how lucky are CAROLYN & SANDI to actually live there??!!)



I love it when books have these uneven pages!!!




And the illustrations are adorable!
One day I hope to have the entire set
from this particular publisher...and what
a show & tell that would be!!!


Hurry over to Cindy's for more SHOW AND TELL FRIDAY !!




14 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love love love this series. What a great edition of the book you have, with such pretty illustrations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a lovely book...the cover is so pretty...and i love the color...every time i find a book with a pretty cover illustration, the cover is red or dark blue...i swear it's true...and those are just NOT my colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo! Lucky girl to have that Anne book! Unlucky girl to have puter probs! Get well soon computer! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love books...period! LOL

    And how you've displayed your show n tell with the Victorian style and the pearls...perfect!!

    My Show n Tell is posted now. Do come visit if you can find some time today. It's...

    HERE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the old book and the string of pearls you added were an elegant touch.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am right there with you on this. I love this series of books. And, going to PEI is near the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am drooling indeed that is a gorgeous copy I love old books also!! Wonderful enjoy that book that is a lovely treasure~Blessings Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too think that Prince Edward Island must be a little bit of heaven! My 3 sisters and I have had "Anne" movie marathons where we watch as many as we possibly can together in a week-end! Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, look at the illustrations.
    What a special book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite movie of all time: "Anne of Green Gables." The book is quite lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love old books too. You book is beautiful. The Anne series is my fave too.
    When I watched my first Anne movie, I fell in love with PEI and still dream of living there one day, or at least visit.
    After seeing Carolyn's house and garden, I've thought maybe she'll just hire me to help her in her garden.
    I hope your computer behaves its self so we don't miss any of your great posts.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also love books with uneven pages - isn't that strange? LOL I thought I was the only one that ever noticed it on old books LOL.

    Hope your computer gets well - computer woes are AWFUL and frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  13. old books are wonderful...i love them, too. and i just have to say that i am very amused with the mental picture of a wheezing cricket:) heehee - very apt!

    mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just love the beautiful book. Your posts are always awesome, creative, pretty, fun and a feast for the eyes.

    You definitely are one of the best bloggers out there my friend.

    xo Cathy

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}