November 15, 2009

Poor Fall!

Sunday, November 1st...mere hours after
Halloween and almost an entire MONTH
until Thanksgiving and were there any
pumpkins to be had at Walmart or Michael's?
NO!
Sheesh!
What about Fall???
What about November???
What about Thanksgiving???
I had to dig under a pile of refuse that,
at one point, probably sometime in August,
was Fallish decorations...I think I may have
even found Jimmy Hoffa!

Ok! Enough ranting. And even though I
had to buy damaged pumpkins, that was
not a problem since I intended to take a
knife to them anyway on my way to this...



Some glitter...




Some tiny shells...
hey, they edge was kinda hinky
and it needed a little "something"...




Hmmmm...looks like there's more...




A sweet sentiment...




And a cozy little home!



I had seen this idea a few years ago
and promptly forgot about it! But
Tia's version reminded
me that I wanted to give it a go!!
And just to prove that I have some
semblance of restraint...I used actual
fall colors and not pink!!! (I do have
more pumpkins tho.... ;}


DIY Day @ ASPTL













The DIY Show Off

37 comments:

  1. Very cute! I love the sprakles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i saw that over at Tia's too...your rendition is just as cute...love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had some fun. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I never would have thought of doing that. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charming-love the little diorama in the pumpkin!

    I agree about POOR fall! Well said......

    ReplyDelete
  6. sometimes your glitter looks good enough to eat... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE it!!! This is sooo adorable and very clever too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a magical sparkly enchanted pumpkin palace nest ... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty! Bet they would be pretty in pink too. Don't feel rained on b/c there were none left at my Walmart or Michael's either. ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww! Yours turned out super fabulicious!! I love the Nest letters! I just picked up something similar at Michaels the other day and I have no idea what pile they're hiding under, come to think of it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally agree with you! Where's fall?

    Love the adorable pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tis a shame really that we can't relax in the here and now. And not be inundated with holiday decor many months in the future. Kind of sad really. I see all those glittery Xmas things in September and I find it rather depressing. However, I LOVE your pumpkin home you made! And you're right on target for Thanksgiving!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute and creative! Love the sparkles!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great and what a fun project! Very creative.
    Enjoy your day,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so cute! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh what fabulous ideas. They are just stunning. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  17. bippity boppity boo
    how cool are you?!

    love it!

    i am imagining making a mouse house in a pumpkin. like the country mouse ... the wheels are turning!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awwww, so cute...but then you had me at "glitter." :-) Have you heard about the contest that Michaels has going? Here's a link to the info:
    http://www.michaelscontest.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow how creative!! It turned out really great!!!

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! That is gorgeous. VERY well done! And I completely understand about not finding anything after Halloween. :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet sweet project! So delicate and dear! You are so very talented!
    Mama Holli

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are just too creative!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh- I just LOVE your sparkley pumpkin home!!! I think you should make one in every color :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So sweet! You are always creating something wonderful!
    I am truly inspired, clever girl!!!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is just too cute! I love it! You crack me up every time too! :)

    Sorry I'm late. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity in the DIY holiday party. (and for voting!)

    Have a great rest of the week!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love it. Where's my glitter? I know I'll find it...soon.

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}