October 30, 2009

life:beautiful...I {heart}this magazine!

As if the name of the magazine alone wouldn't
inspire you to buy it....





...that gorgeous kitchen and the need to get a closer
look at all the pretties in the hutch would seal the deal!



{life:beautiful}...I had never even heard of this magazine
until a few days ago...and boy have I been missing out!!!





It's brimming with anything and everything beautiful...
so, good job on the name guys!!

You had me at glitter! (like I have the power to resist
a bowl full of glittered pine cones!!! (or a bowl full of
m & m's or flaming hot Cheetos..but that's another
post! ;)




The cute blouse & sweater are not lost on me,
but this "Dinnertime" article is not about easy
recipes and being One-Pan-Diane. It's about
the importance of dinnertime.




And who wouldn't want to spend an hour or two
at this table?!!!




Gift ideas for Christmas...





I am always looking for the engraved and monogrammed
utensils...so, I would be thrilled to get any one of these!!!




Ideas for holiday savings...




A universal dilemma?





Really great ideas for your Thanksgiving tablescape!!





Love that Tiffany blue & brown together!





A pencil and a card to write down everything you
are so very thankful for!!




Pistachios in little silver molds...that's just
about all I need!!!!YUM!!!





The Christmas table...
LOVE that NOEL sign on the chair!!!
Very Susie Harris !





Again, colors I wouldn't normally be drawn to,
but I do have to admit, they look great!!!





A very cool place setting!!!





And they even included templates for all the
Thanksgiving & Christmas table goodies so
you can so easily copy & create them yourself!




I'm not a big New Years reveler..but this
table is enticing!




with all its silvery blueness!!!




I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!!
And I WANT those windows!!!
But this article is actually about
making these cute wreaths!





LOVE this pearly one!!!!





I had never heard of Nashville artist David Arms



but anyone who draws such adorable little birdies
gets my attention real quick!!!!






Especially hummingbirds!!!




This one is awesome!




Delicious recipes to make...





but more importantly, to share.




And treats to give!





The pictures are perfection...
the staging is fabulous...



but what sets this magazine apart is the
its encouragement. Not only do they give
you great ideas and show you how to re-create
them in detail. But they never let you forget the
real reason why you are celebrating these
occasions...the real & true importance the
holidays themselves...
and reminding you not to focus on being Martha...
but Mary


Go out and get it!!!!! Or visit their website to SUBSCRIBE !!


Then go visit Melissa @ The Inspired Room for
BEAUTIFUL LIFE FRIDAY

and Cindy for SHOW & TELL FRIDAY

33 comments:

  1. What a wonderful magazine! Lots of scope for imagination! Thanks for sharing it with us. Have a wonderful evening.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a whole lot of beautiful pictures!! You've convinced me, I need to pick up a copy :-) I need to learn how to make that pearly wreath!!

    Kelly @ DesignTies

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely photos. I've never heard of this magazine either. sigh. Do I really need another magazine? Sadly, yes, I probably do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great post (love your closing line, M). the magazine is laid-out so beautifully! i'll have to look around for it. great ideas!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a lovely magazine, I have been buying it since it started!!!! I love it, the pictures are incredible and the articles are fantastic.
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you stole my post! Ok beat me to it!! I got the summer one and was thrilled to find this one! It is great! You showed it all!!
    Enjoy yours I am mine!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found a copy of this magazine last year at a thrift store I believe. I loved the presentation and the sheer beauty of the message. I had wanted to see about getting a subscription and then misplaced the magazine and couldn't remember the name. I am so glad you shared this post today!!

    blessings
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that magazine has some beautiful eye candy, love the pearl wreath, actually i loved so many great ideas and pictures from the magazine.
    thanks for sharing and have a great weekend.
    hugs
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought I had a subscription to every magazine there was! I am going to have to look for this one.
    Thanks for sharing and visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always a delight to visit your place ~ Show & Tell and every other day as well! Beautiful magazine loaded with beautiful pictures and ideas.

    Kindly, ldh

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked so many of the things you pictured! I've never seen the magazine. But I have to know...is there such a thing as "Feasting without Fattening?" :)

    I'll have to go spend some time in the magazine section the next time at the bookstore, and maybe, just maybe, I can walk away without it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely. I have not heard of that magazine but it is amazing. Thanks for sharing your find with us.

    Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog. I stumbled on the little table at an antique store when I was returning to buy something else. But I saw it and got it instead!! I have enjoyed it.

    Stop by again for a visit some time. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!!! What have I been missing?! Thank you so much for sharing. I am all over that mag. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Um, excuse me, how come I don't know about this magazine????? I'm going to go find it! Thanks for the tip, and stop by for a visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your nice comment on my blog. This magzine looks lovely. Unfortunately not open for subcribtion outside the US and Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never seen this magazine either. Did you buy it in a bookstore, or is it readily available with mags in a grocery or drug store? Thanks for sharing this info. I am addicted to beautiful magazines...
    Thanks for coming by to visit. I truly enjoy subscribing to your site.
    :-) Sue

    ReplyDelete
  17. I HAVE LOVED THIS MAGAZINE SINCE IT CAME OUT !!!

    AMAZING, THANKS FOR SHARING

    HUGS FROM MAINE

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my... I love it. Everything just make me want to go redecorate or get busy crafting!

    I'm off to check out the link!

    Thanks!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this beautiful magazine. Subscribed last month!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Didn't your heart just break as one magazine after another stopped publication over the past year?

    This one looks wonderful. Everything I love, in one magazine!

    Thanks so much for sharing, and have a wonderful weekend!

    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's always so nice to find someone else who loves finding new magazines as much as me! A couple of months ago I found a new one myself, 'The English Home' (I'm British, by the way), how I've never seen it before I just do not know! It's everything that I adore in a magazine. I have an addiction! I even make my poor husband track down Martha Stewart Living for me each month, no mean feat here, but it is available if you search for it.

    Love your new mag, I can see why you find it so inspirational
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello...

    Oooh...what a fabulous magazine! I've never heard of it before either! Thank you so much for sharing it with us...I'm going to have to check into getting it! Love all the beautiful photos...real eye candy that's for sure!

    Thank you so much for coming by and taking a peek at my autumn vignettes/mosaics...I enjoyed your sweet note!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh! What a wonderful magazine, thanks for sharing such beautiful pics, Have a sweet day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's been awhile since I've visited, but I'm so glad I did! Thanks about sharing about this beautiful, inspiring magazine. Why haven't seen it before? Anyway, I've now subscribed. . . thanks. Yes, we must be reminded to be more like Mary and less like Martha. Difficult to do! I'm always reminded of that passage when I'm entertaining and worrying more about the decorations than the company!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my gosh! Why have I not seen this magazine before! Thank you so much for letting us know! We all must subscribe so we can keep the beautiful magazines alive!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, thanks for the magazine preview. I'm always up for a new beautiful magazine. Sounds like this one has a good message along with it. I'm headed over to check it out.

    Thanks,
    Karen @ Elderberry Street

    ReplyDelete
  27. I never heard of that magazine, but it looks delightful! You gave us some real good sneak peeks so I've just got to go and find it now. Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm going to pop on over to the mag. web site and take a look... Thanks for the review!

    ~Really Rainey~

    ReplyDelete
  29. OK, I will be going straight to the bookstore to find that magazine!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this magazine. I have used it for over a year as one of the magazine I cut out for my scrapbook journal.

    It has so many great images, there is almost nothing left of the magazine. I once bought two copies of a particularly beautiful issue, just to have one to keep.

    I can only get it at Borders, Barnes and Noble, and (of all places)... Wal Mart.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi, where did you get the magazine? I have tried to find it but have had no luck. I went to their website and Barn's & Noble and Joann's is who carry's it but nobody seems to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yippeee! That magazine looks fabulous. We really needed something to fill the huge void by all of the mags that are gone now..I'll be watching for it. And, the glitter? Tales From an OC Cottage and glitter? A marriage made in heaven.

    Huggies and lovies,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}