September 23, 2009

Wramshackle Wreath...

I don't know why I bought this...
it looks so...so...ramshackle!
You know how it goes, it's too cheap
NOT to buy! Free Forty-free!!!
Plus...it's shaped like a heart!
I had "visions of sugar plums" ...
but they never amounted to anything
until....





...these little beauties(among others)
arrived on my porch (I did order them...
my neighbors don't just toss grocery
bags of starfish onto my porch...they're
so selfish!)
Well, my Muse aka inspiration, came out
to play and after she gave me that raised-
eyebrow "what were you thinking" look,
she devised a plan!







A shell here...






...a starfish there...






MORE SHELL! (she's kinda bossy!)

*these pictures are the reason I never show
things hanging on a wall! I literally do not
have one wall that gets "good" light at any
time of the day!!! Arrrrrrrhg!!!





Voila! A little less ramshackle...
and a bit of all-year summer fun!



@ KIMBA'S (that will become DIY TUESDAY, beginning next week!)


@ GINA'S


@ LEIGH'S



Goodwill Goodies @ Dalomba Days

Please be sure to check this out guys!
Each link to KATILLAC SHACK
earns $3 to help a poor little abandoned
"foreclosure" pet...not bad for just a link!
THX for your help!!!




25 comments:

  1. what a great idea!! sometimes i have those ahh haa! moments too.

    i host a goodwill party every week, stop by & link up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! Where on earth did you find the wreath (heart)??

    xoxo
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE!!! LOVE IT!!!! xoxo~Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How could you turn down free...and look what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's adorable! I love it! Your so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a beautiful blog and I am always inspired when I visit. This is a perfect example of why you are so admired for your creative ability. Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  7. That little ramshackle wreath turned into a very sweet little heart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can never pass up a heart wreath, basket, anything!

    I was more excited with each picture- waiting to see what would emerge!! ☺ Very cute, M!

    You must have porches on your house. I don't have a good lighting wall either. My bed is the new photo shoot place~ Whatever works- right? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks a lot bigger in the photo where you have added the starfish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is awesome! It's so much fun to take "things" and make them into little pieces of art! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aaawwww, well good thing you did brought it home. The mini starfish are too cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I Think it looks just perfect!!
    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just adorable! Thanks for sharing!
    Living it up at Lakewood,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks gorgeous! Have a sweet day!x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why DON'T neighbors toss starfish on our porch? I mean that would be the only thoughtful thing to do.

    I digress.

    LOVE the way your wreath turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing. How did you ever come up with that idea? You've made an amazing design. If you are making anymore amazing pieces like this one, be sure to let me know at Furniture and Design Ideas

    Nicolette
    http://www.furnitureanddesignideas.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutley adorable! I love your vision! Thanks for linking to Thirfty Thursday this week! I always enjoy making the rounds to see the treasures that you find! I appreciate your visits to Bloggeritaville, friend! Thanks for your participation!

    Leigh
    Tales from Bloggeritaville
    www.lbratina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well aren't you clever?! From blah to fabulous! Wish I had a bossy Muse and could crank out a lovely treasure like that...well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The wreath turned out great.....a little bit of summer to last all year long!

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovin' the wramshakle re-do!

    beware of selfish shellfish

    (doesn't make sense but want to use that!)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love,love love it! Just saying....

    ReplyDelete
  22. So creative! What a beautiful transformation ... very inspiring! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

love to hear from you! ;}